Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Inks Bryce Harper Exclusively

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
phillyfan0417 said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
James52411 said:
Harper should be saved for 2011 with the exception of an AFLAC card in BDP. Thank goodness that Leaf didn't ink him. That would severely weaken the entire roster of 2011 MLB products. Leaf/Razor has yet to produce a baseball product that created any mainstream collecting buzz or that has shown itself to be a good investment. Having them with an exclusive to the most hyped hitting prospect in many years would have been "bad for the hobby." That might change if Leaf somehow got an MLB license, but I personally would prefer for Panini to get the opportunity to challenge Topps rather than Leaf.

There was no reason to believe that Leaf had any intention of making baseball cards if they inked Harper. I believe the intention was to turnaround and resell autos at a markup and sell auto'd merch. I believe that was the gist of the convo I had with BG in Baltimore.

That be it, I remember that conversation vividly.

It was an entertaining conversation.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
BowmanChromeAddict said:
phillyfan0417 said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
James52411 said:
Harper should be saved for 2011 with the exception of an AFLAC card in BDP. Thank goodness that Leaf didn't ink him. That would severely weaken the entire roster of 2011 MLB products. Leaf/Razor has yet to produce a baseball product that created any mainstream collecting buzz or that has shown itself to be a good investment. Having them with an exclusive to the most hyped hitting prospect in many years would have been "bad for the hobby." That might change if Leaf somehow got an MLB license, but I personally would prefer for Panini to get the opportunity to challenge Topps rather than Leaf.

There was no reason to believe that Leaf had any intention of making baseball cards if they inked Harper. I believe the intention was to turnaround and resell autos at a markup and sell auto'd merch. I believe that was the gist of the convo I had with BG in Baltimore.

That be it, I remember that conversation vividly.

It was an entertaining conversation.

Entertaining, colorful and energized.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
uniquebaseballcards said:
justinmandawg said:
Thank goodness that Leaf didn't ink him. That would severely weaken the entire roster of 2011 MLB products.

Sounds really weird: An MiLB player not in a MLB product will severly weaken MLB products...

I'm happy only in that Topps could use him in their MiLB products now.
Your level of ocd makes me obsess about my ocd a little less everytime I read your posts.

Nah, you're just one of those hopelessly entrenched in an artificial reality created by the Topps Corporation here with their Bowman line.

So it is a conspiracy. I do like bowman and dont rely on artificial rarity a la 1/1s

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
2010 Bowman was huge mainly because nobody ordered it, not so much because because of any particular player in it.

Everybody will order 2011 Bowman.

Just sayin.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
BowmanChromeAddict said:
James52411 said:

So basically, a good thing that Topps got it
Very happy to see the news
I had an inside source too that told me that Leaf considering such a thing (going merch route) ;)

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
justinmandawg said:
justinmandawg said:
Thank goodness that Leaf didn't ink him. That would severely weaken the entire roster of 2011 MLB products.

Sounds really weird: An MiLB player not in a MLB product will severly weaken MLB products...

Your level of ocd makes me obsess about my ocd a little less everytime I read your posts.

Nah, you're just one of those hopelessly entrenched in an artificial reality created by the Topps Corporation here with their Bowman line.

So it is a conspiracy. I do like bowman and dont rely on artificial rarity a la 1/1s

Winner winner.

Also, what artificial reality are we entrenched in, uniquebaseballcards?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
aminors said:
justinmandawg said:
justinmandawg said:

Winner winner.

What winner aminors?

The artificial reality some like to believe that MiLBers are already on MLB rosters.

BTW most notice that parallels are not the same as the original, but are just as real as the card they're the parallel of.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
kentuckyderby said:
I had an inside source too that told me that Leaf considering such a thing (going merch route) ;)

This is Scott Boras/Bryce Harper/Bigtime, Leaf is not bigtime nor could BG afford Bryce Harper. Maybe he can buy his superfractor, leaf is just razor all over again.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
aminors said:
justinmandawg said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="uniquebaseballcards":39cracrm]

Winner winner.

What winner aminors?

The artificial reality some like to believe that MiLBers are already on MLB rosters.

BTW most notice that parallels are not the same as the original, but are just as real as the card they're the parallel of.[/quote:39cracrm]

People who believe that minor leaguers who have Bowman/Chrome/Draft cards in a MLB uni are on the MLB roster are idiots and in no way, shape, or form represent the prospecting community as a whole.

Continue your shameless babbling.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
aminors said:
People who believe that minor leaguers who have Bowman/Chrome/Draft cards in a MLB uni are on the MLB roster are idiots and in no way, shape, or form represent the prospecting community as a whole.

Now now, dont alienate the people that are BUYING what the prospectors are selling lol

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

Jul 30, 2009
I just put on my fantasy cap and have taken control over Harper and Topps.

With that being said, this is how I think Topps should handle Harper cards (Ill leave out Bowman Platinum, might not be enough time to get him in).

1. BASE card in both Bowman Sterling and BCDP. This way, we all will order and order and order and order the product, though not to the point of Topps Chrome for sure.

2. Put the Harper AFLAC auto in BCDP.

3. Put a dual auto of Harper and Stras in Bowman Sterling.
Both #2 and #3 will bump up the sales even greater for the product BUT with both being very hard to find in a box AND since neither is a reg auto card, it wont have any effect on......

4. Base Bowman auto /500 in 2011 Bowman ( a la Stras)

5. Base Bowman Chrome auto in BC

6. Base Bowman Sterling auto in BS (along with dual)

7. Base Bowman Platinum auto in BP (along with dual etc)

8.another auto in BCDP honoring something he did in 2011, such as MiLB ASG MVP or Futures game MVP, etc etc etc etc...just like they are doing for Stras.

9. Auto and base in Topps Debut, as a minor leaguer obviously which wont have any bearing on his MLB Bowman stuff.

Fantasy cap taken off now.

Jul 30, 2009
chris why dont you tell why its "short sighted"

how would you do it in the eyes and wallet of topps?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:
Me, pretending to be surprised. :eek:

Thanks to a certain source, I was aware of this several weeks ago, but wasn't allowed to say. :cool:

Looking forward to the press release.

You weren't allowed to say?

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106221&hilit=bryce+harper

I meant, I wasn't allowed to name my source. Sorry for the confusion, I've corrected my initial post.

BTW, Harper had a good AFL debut. Went 1-4 with a 2-run double that just missed being a grand slam.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Warrens All Stars said:
kentuckyderby said:

This is Scott Boras/Bryce Harper/Bigtime, Leaf is not bigtime nor could BG afford Bryce Harper. Maybe he can buy his superfractor, leaf is just razor all over again.

What do you think Topps is paying per autograph?

Just curious...

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

And yet again, here comes the moron troll

Gilmore, the boards have been a much better place since the suspension of a certain Phillies troll. Can this guy PLEASE be next? I promise, nothing but good will come from it

Members online