Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tyler Clippard, good pitcher or just lucky?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I "prospected" him for a while

a few exquisites
pile of the Topps Heritage chrome rookie cards

not close to listing them yet

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
darocker80 said:
NYCrulesU said:
darocker80 said:
NYCrulesU said:
7 wins. Not too shabby. My fantasy teams are loving him!
Doesn't he have 6?

7 after todays win. Also amazing is that Capps has 14 saves.
Ah i see. despite the 5 blown saves, the 7 wins are nice.

7-1, 5 BS, 7 HLD and 30 k's in 25 inn. with a 1.80 era. Yea, I'll take that from a run of the mill middle reliever any day. Don't get saucy just because someone pointed out that he has more wins than Lincecum. :shock:

Regardless, the Nats are doing well and I'm glad to see it. They are one of my favorite NL teams.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
NYCrulesU said:
darocker80 said:
NYCrulesU said:
darocker80 said:
NYCrulesU said:
7 wins. Not too shabby. My fantasy teams are loving him!
Doesn't he have 6?

7 after todays win. Also amazing is that Capps has 14 saves.
Ah i see. despite the 5 blown saves, the 7 wins are nice.

7-1, 5 BS, 7 HLD and 30 k's in 25 inn. with a 1.80 era. Yea, I'll take that from a run of the mill middle reliever any day. Don't get saucy just because someone pointed out that he has more wins than Lincecum. :shock:

Regardless, the Nats are doing well and I'm glad to see it. They are one of my favorite NL teams.
It is not because he has more than lincecum, but he has blown 5 victories from other starting pitchers (his teammates). He couldn't perserve a lead 5 times, and he's lucky he's been able to have an offense behind him.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
In the big picture what matters is that your team wins - and Clippard has taken his team to victory S-E-V-E-N times :D

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
So far, Clippard has inherited 20 baserunners this year, and allowed 60% (12) of them to score!!!

He leads the league in the number of inherited baserunners scoring, just ahead of the White Sox' Randy Williams, who has allowed 11 of 14 inherited baserunners to score.

By letting those guys score, the game often gets tied, and when the Nationals take the lead for good, Clip gets the win. Oscar Villareal started 2006 similarly, getting to 4-0 in the Braves' first 11 games by blowing a few leads.

David

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
It appears that one person is buying up a lot of Clippard's high end stuff

I wonder if they are a board member here?

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I thought this thread needed an update.

Since Tyler Clippard was 6-0 with an 0.76 ERA on May 9th, he is 2-6 with 4 blown saves and a 5.05 ERA.

However, he has only allowed 4 of 15 (27%) inherited runners to score, which is quite an improvement from the 60% he was allowing when I last posted.

It looks like the correct answer to the original question posed by this post is....just lucky.

David

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
aminors said:
I have like a BAZZILLION Green chrome RCs of him. Seriously, I have like fifty.

Ant

This reminded me of a joke....

A Blonde and her friend were watching the news one day....

"Today, two Brazillian men fell to their death after a bridge collapsed....."

To which the blonde turned to her fraind and said "Holy crap! How many is 2 Brazillian?"

Members online

Latest posts