Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another Pepsi score that will hopefully eventually become a part of a larger post on the subject, when I have time to focus on it.

Not loving the stray ink mark, but had never seen this item before and I like the punch-out Trammell membership card.

Pepsi Tigers.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If you have not all figured it out by now, I like the strange and obscure stuff way more than the run of the mill pack pulled cards. Clearly a Dodger/Garvey fan, but anything could catch my eye at any moment. I have a very diverse collection.

This was one of those..."Never seen that before, must have" items. A newspaper Iron On featuring Mark Fidrych. This is the 2nd newspaper Iron-On baseball player I have added to my collection, the first being a Pete Rose.

You know most of these either got recycled/trashed or used. Glad for people who saved this kind of stuff! It was more than I wanted to pay ($20), but I figure if I didn't buy it, I'd never see another one as long as I lived and $20 to me at this point in my life is not a big deal.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I figured that these deserved to also be on the Vintage thread!

Vern Law on a 1952 Topps and a 1955 Bowman card with many inscriptions, signed in blue sharpie ($10 each fee), sent to his home on 10/6/20.
1718 N 1050 W Provo, UT 84604-1159

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Boston
Last edited:

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Cornering the market, eh?!!!!
Lol... not really when I see the # of 56 Mays out there. ;)
Just trying for the "one card in each grade"... will never get complete of course and I serioulsy doubt I'll get anything above the 7 (financially speaking).... maybe the 8 but not sure. Still on my Mays run... just over 50% there... when I get around 80% or so, I'll start buying some Mantles, Aaron, Clemente, Robinson... I have a new project in mind. I think I'm going to go for a "top 3" of players like that. I'm not talking about top 3 price wise but top 3 "my personal favorites" of these players. I don't expect to start that soon because I still have some big Mays cards to get (62, 66 and 71)... those are going to kill me if I want an "8".
We'll see.... :)

Latest posts