Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Thanks guys. Yeah I was locked out of the site due to being abroad... but everything is fixed now.
Indeed, LOVE my latest Mays. Still got lots to get but this is the highlight of my collection right now. I'm now looking for the 55, 58 and some of the 60s....
Here's my current colleciton with 2 cards at SGC. View attachment 116588

That's aMAYSing!!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another Pepsi score that will hopefully eventually become a part of a larger post on the subject, when I have time to focus on it.

Not loving the stray ink mark, but had never seen this item before and I like the punch-out Trammell membership card.

Pepsi Tigers.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If you have not all figured it out by now, I like the strange and obscure stuff way more than the run of the mill pack pulled cards. Clearly a Dodger/Garvey fan, but anything could catch my eye at any moment. I have a very diverse collection.

This was one of those..."Never seen that before, must have" items. A newspaper Iron On featuring Mark Fidrych. This is the 2nd newspaper Iron-On baseball player I have added to my collection, the first being a Pete Rose.

You know most of these either got recycled/trashed or used. Glad for people who saved this kind of stuff! It was more than I wanted to pay ($20), but I figure if I didn't buy it, I'd never see another one as long as I lived and $20 to me at this point in my life is not a big deal.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I figured that these deserved to also be on the Vintage thread!

Vern Law on a 1952 Topps and a 1955 Bowman card with many inscriptions, signed in blue sharpie ($10 each fee), sent to his home on 10/6/20.
1718 N 1050 W Provo, UT 84604-1159

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Last edited:

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Cornering the market, eh?!!!!
Lol... not really when I see the # of 56 Mays out there. ;)
Just trying for the "one card in each grade"... will never get complete of course and I serioulsy doubt I'll get anything above the 7 (financially speaking).... maybe the 8 but not sure. Still on my Mays run... just over 50% there... when I get around 80% or so, I'll start buying some Mantles, Aaron, Clemente, Robinson... I have a new project in mind. I think I'm going to go for a "top 3" of players like that. I'm not talking about top 3 price wise but top 3 "my personal favorites" of these players. I don't expect to start that soon because I still have some big Mays cards to get (62, 66 and 71)... those are going to kill me if I want an "8".
We'll see.... :)

Members online

Latest posts