Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vladimir Guerrero Signs With the Blue Jays!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
His son, that is. :)

http://m.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article/134054452/blue-jays-sign-vladimir-guerrero-jr

Blue Jays agree to deal with Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
Son of nine-time All-Star, 2004 AL MVP ranked No. 4 on MLB.com Top 30 list

By Jesse Sanchez / MLB.com | 9:28 AM ET

There's a familiar name set to begin his journey through the professional ranks.

The Blue Jays have agreed to terms with 16-year-old Dominican outfielder Vladimir Guerrero Jr., according to industry sources. Guerrero is ranked No. 4 on MLB.com's Top 30 International Prospects list.

The club has not confirmed the agreement.

The son of nine-time All-Star and 2004 American League Most Valuable Player Vladimir Guerrero, the right-handed batter could be the best overall hitter in the class, and some consider him the best overall player this year.

Guerrero Jr. has big raw power, and he continues to evolve as a hitter. He reminds some scouts of his father and has shown the ability to hit a pitch almost anywhere it is thrown, but his overall body frame is much bigger than his father's was at the same age.

Some scouts wonder if Guerrero Jr.'s growing body will eventually force him to move out of the outfield, but others are less concerned about his build because of his family pedigree.

In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, each team is allotted a $700,000 base and a bonus pool with four slot values based on the team's record in 2014 for the international signing period, which started Thursday. Toronto's overall pool total for this year's signing period is $2,324,100.

Teams that exceed their pool by 0 to 5 percent have to pay a 100 percent tax, and teams that exceed their pool by 5 to 10 percent are not allowed to sign a player for more than $500,000 during the next signing period while also paying a 100 percent tax on the pool overage. Teams that exceed their pool by 10 to 15 percent are not allowed to sign a player for more than $300,000 during the next signing period while also paying a 100 percent tax on the pool overage.

In the most severe penalty, teams that exceed the pool by 15 percent or more are not allowed to sign a player for more than $300,000 during the next two signing periods, in addition to paying a 100 percent tax on the pool overage.

WillBBC

Feb 22, 2012
I'm thrilled he signed up in Canada. I hope he's as exciting as his father was not too many years. He was my favorite player to watch for a solid decade plus! I hope he has a great career.

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
great career?! HOF CAREER!

Don't forget Vlad's nephew Gregory signed up with the NY Metropolitans

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
to show you how insanely skilled Vlad was, his worst season in terms of avg was .290

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
BA #1

Neat-o. A jays rumor that actually came true. They had him locked in for quite a while. I'll have to find those scouting videos of Jr. Big kid, big bat.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
and if Vlad jr. can't make baseball work, Im sure he will be a champion golfer :lol:

(Vlad being the best low ball hitter I've ever seen)

Members online

Latest posts