Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Went To My First Ever Hockey Game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am just getting around to sharing this, but I'd still like to share it.

A couple weeks ago, I had the privilege of attending my first ever hockey game. The game was between the Lake Superior State Lakers and the Bemidji State Beavers at the beautiful Sanford Center in Bemidji Minnesota.

I have never been to a hockey game before. I live in that small part of Minnesota that really doesn't care about hockey all too much. In fact, the high school I went too just got a hockey program within the last 6-7 years.

We got excellent seats, first row right behind the home bench, and right next to where the players enter. The game was mainly uneventful until the 3rd period when LSS scored a goal. BSU then took their goalie out, and LSS scored another goal.

I loved how fast paced the game was, and how passionate the fans and the team is. I made sure to hang onto the ticket stubs.

Anyway, I thought I would share. I am already looking for another game to go too.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Yeah!

It sure is quite the game. I am just sad that I cannot go to an NHL game due to the lockout.

I will be attending some colleges with hockey within the next couple years, so I'll still be able to go to those games.

Last edited:

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
College hockey is great. I actually like going to those games more than I do the NHL games.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Awesome man! I love pretty much every form of hockey no matter who is playing. My first college game was actually Lake Superior as well, I was actually in Sault Ste Marie to watch them play against Ohio State. I'm pretty sure it's the biggest fight that I've ever seen in a hockey game as both the benches cleared and even the goalies got into it! I think this was back in 1994 or 1995. My first ever games though were as a kid in the 1980's watching the St. Louis Blues.

Since then I was a season ticket holder for the Minnesota State - Mankato Mavericks for several years, seen a few Lady Mavericks games, been to 13 straight WCHA Final Five tournaments, 2 Frozen Fours, quite a few Minnesota Wild games, and now watch as much hockey as I can in Texas. I've been to a few Texas State hockey games (they have a club team) and watched them play UT and North Texas. It wasn't quite the same level as watching the WCHA games, but still fun. Hit a few Austin Ice Bats games before they folded. Also, Austin, TX has the Texas Stars AHL team, so been to a few of their games, and now that I live in San Antonio I go to the Rampage AHL games. I prefer the Texas Stars though, as they have former Maverick Travis Morin on their team.

So yeah, a pretty diverse collection of teams and levels of hockey. You could say I'm addicted!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Nice!

My relationship with the sport has been an odd one. I happen to live in that part of Minnesota that really doesn't care to much for the sport, so while I've considered myself a fan, I never actually followed it too closely until last year. Looking back, I really regret not being a part of it sooner. I missed out on a lot.

It sure was fun though. I already have plans for season tickets in Bemidji next year, Duluth the year after that, and the Ice Hawks down in Rochester somewhere down the line. I'm also considering a massive project involving high school hockey.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I actually found out about a new team just last night.

It's a NA3HL team. It's a tier-3 Junior team, but it still looks interesting. While researching it, I found that there is another MN team in the league.

I thought it was cool.

Members online

Latest posts