Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the best way to ship pennants?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I bought a dozen or so vintage pennants today at a yard sale. What is the best way to ship them? I've never shipped a pennant before. Is it OK to roll them up? Some of them are pretty "rigid" and it seems like it would leave creases. Is there a way to ship them flat? These are 30" pennants, most from 1967. Thanks!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Depending on how brittle they are, flat would be best.
Newer pennants are soft and roll well, but old ones crack. The felt and lettering becomes stiff over the decades.
I have two old Yankees pennants, one from the late '40s and another from the late '50s, and the lettering would crack if I rolled them.

Jun 30, 2010
The Boxes and mailers are the hard part. Other than buying large pieces of cardboard and cutting them down to size, I don't know of a particular box especially for pennants. What I do is get a 12 inch wide roll of bubble wrap and lightly roll the pennant in the bubble wrap and then ship it in a 16x12x3 priority box. I also include instructions, explaining the difficulty in shipping the pennant, that there may be a few minor creaes and instructing them how to iron them out properly. I have shipped out about 100 pennants and have only a couple of complaints and they very VERY vocal about their unhappiness. Never received a negative however, only Neutral feedback. I do worry however about the handfull of people who may be concerned about this way of shipping. You will just have to weigh whether or not this is a good idea for you. Hope this helps.

Bryan

If someone knows of a better way please let me know as well.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
The Boxes and mailers are the hard part. Other than buying large pieces of cardboard and cutting them down to size, I don't know of a particular box especially for pennants. What I do is get a 12 inch wide roll of bubble wrap and lightly roll the pennant in the bubble wrap and then ship it in a 16x12x3 priority box. I also include instructions, explaining the difficulty in shipping the pennant, that there may be a few minor creaes and instructing them how to iron them out properly. I have shipped out about 100 pennants and have only a couple of complaints and they very VERY vocal about their unhappiness. Never received a negative however, only Neutral feedback. I do worry however about the handfull of people who may be concerned about this way of shipping. You will just have to weigh whether or not this is a good idea for you. Hope this helps.

Bryan

If someone knows of a better way please let me know as well.

Would it be plausible to cut two long pieces of cardboard and tape the ends, making the "box" less than a half inch tall? I also saw some large bubble mailers at Walmart last time I was there, but I'm not sure they would fit.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I've used both the flat and rolled up in a box method successfully. I didn't get any complaints for the rolled up method, although I did make sure to point it out in the description so the buyer knew what they were going to get. It does depend on the condition and age of the pennant, and how well you think it will hold up before the buyer unrolls it. If you go the flat method, you can order the priority mail triangular tube mailers (the ones you can ship a bat in) from USPS.com to make sure you have the right length cardboard. Any box that is 2 pounds is cheapest to ship priority, anyways, so you might as well get the boxes for free.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I've used both the flat and rolled up in a box method successfully. I didn't get any complaints for the rolled up method, although I did make sure to point it out in the description so the buyer knew what they were going to get. It does depend on the condition and age of the pennant, and how well you think it will hold up before the buyer unrolls it. If you go the flat method, you can order the priority mail triangular tube mailers (the ones you can ship a bat in) from USPS.com to make sure you have the right length cardboard. Any box that is 2 pounds is cheapest to ship priority, anyways, so you might as well get the boxes for free.

Thanks for the input!

Members online

Latest posts