Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats the most "unique" NON CARD you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
1967 yankees signed pillowcase.

Obtained by a friend of mine while she was staying in the same hotel (in Cleveland) as the team. She rode the elevator several times while the team was leaving for a game. A pillowcase was used because, as a 13-year old, that was what she grabbed when returning to her room to get something for them to sign.

I have tried to sell this unique item for her for almost 2 years but have been unable to do so because it is not authenticated.

Part%202.jpg

Part1.jpg

Part3.jpg

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Team Auto Lineup card from Peoria Chiefs game. Brett Jackson, DJ LeMahieu, Chris Archer, Kyler Burke plus many others. It's def one of my cornerstone B-Jax PC items.

IMG_1385.jpg

Also, have plenty of "Unique" football items, but this is one of my favs.

John Elway Auto Golf Ball.
IMG_0746.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Craig Smith said:
I have tried to sell this unique item for her for almost 2 years but have been unable to do so because it is not authenticated.
Then why not get it authenticated?

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Not Baseball but pretty unique
Hull.jpg

Bobby Hull Canada Post Original Artwork that was used to produce a Postage Stamp of Hall of Fame Players
Also in the frame is an autographed card with the stamp and a First Day Issue Stamp Cachet
Assembled from individual pieces and I had Bobby Sign it at the National a few years back In Atlantic City NJ

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
my father gave me this as a gift about 7 years ago. Has Mantle, Aaron, Ford, and Banks autographs all on an old Pacific Coast League ball.

mantleauto-1.jpg

W.jpg

banksauto.jpg

36b7e30f.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
A broadsheet sized poster from the Puerto Rico Winter League featuring the 1985-86 Mayaguez Indians, a team Paul O'Neill played for a brief period of time. This also features other major leaguers like Harold Reynolds, Roberto (Bobby) Bonilla, and Tim Belcher among others. O'Neill is on the bottom right corner.

Puerto Rico's Winter League: A History of Major League Baseball's Launching Pad (Thomas E. Van Hyning, Eduardo Valero)
http://books.google.com/books?id=ce8wlREHG_0C

According to the book, O'Neill originally came up with the San Juan Metros but was traded to the Indians for Dion James (a future Yankee teammate of O'Neill). After being traded to the Indians, O'Neill helped them win the league title that year making it very likely that the poster was produced to commemorate the championship. This is one of the few non-card O'Neill items I have. This is the only collectible I have come across from his time in the Puerto Rico Winter League so I couldn't pass it up.

mayaguezposter.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
nevermore said:
A broadsheet sized poster from the Puerto Rico Winter League featuring the 1985-86 Mayaguez Indians, a team Paul O'Neill played for a brief period of time. This also features other major leaguers like Harold Reynolds, Roberto (Bobby) Bonilla, and Tim Belcher among others. O'Neill is on the bottom right corner.

Puerto Rico's Winter League: A History of Major League Baseball's Launching Pad (Thomas E. Van Hyning, Eduardo Valero)

According to the book, O'Neill originally came up with the San Juan Metros but was traded to the Indians for Dion James (a future Yankee teammate of O'Neill). After being traded to the Indians, O'Neill helped them win the league title that year making it very likely that the poster was produced to commemorate the championship. This is one of the few non-card O'Neill items I have. This is the only collectible I have come across from his time in the Puerto Rico Winter League so I couldn't pass it up.

mayaguezposter.jpg

I see Wally Joyner on there; pretty cool!

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
JackLondon said:
nevermore said:

mayaguezposter.jpg

I see Wally Joyner on there; pretty cool!

Yes, of course...I forgot about him. I am still not sure why he is the only player with three crowns next to his head. :? Perhaps that denotes he was an All-Star or the team captain.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
My weirdest is a wedding cake napkin from Mark Grace's first nuptuals.

88WEDDINGNAPKIN.jpg

My favorite is a prototype mitt made by Wilson for what was going to be a line of Disney Sporting Goods (a concept the Disney corporation floated around after they purchased the Angels). Grace took some promotional photos with it. Only 2 were made. I love the angry Mickey logo.

gracemitt.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
99truck.jpg
99truckauto.jpg
24/100

400bearreds.jpg
400bearMs.jpg
both 400HR beanies (M's a error??)
griffey_bammer.jpg

and a BDAY present ill NEVER ferget !!
bday2.jpg

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
These are two Mexican catcher that have hit four home runs in a game (of course it wasn't on MLB, but still cool)

PiloGasparyMiguelOjeda.jpg

Autographed pictures of the newspaper when Vicente Romo pitched the first (and just one of three) perfect game in the Mexican Winter League
VicenteRomo2.jpg

Birdsfan know how rare his autos are:
MemoLuna.jpg

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
nevermore said:

mayaguezposter.jpg

There's another Reynolds item I would love to have!!!! NICE piece you have there!

cammy collector

May 4, 2009
Western Maryland
I'm a huge fan of oddball items, I LOVE this thread!

considering I started collecting Cammy 10'ish years after this signing, it's a pretty cool item IMO

MCAutographTicket.jpg

sent a TTM to his home. he sent the cards back signed, along with this on the envelope..

MCSignedEnvelope.jpg

dealer badge from 2002 National..

MCNationalBadge-1.jpg

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
1st MLB HR ticket stub signed after the game with his old signature. I can't say 100% when it was signed, but the original owner states he had the ticket signed after the game he hit the 1st HR. The ticket is for the front row behind the Braves dugout and the signature checks out for the time period, so I have no reason to think otherwise. I would suspect not many of these are lying around. Probably not much demand either. ;)

CAREERHR1.jpg

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I would have to say this:

bat3.jpg

bat4.jpg

bat2.jpg

Also I got to scan this photo from my fiance's uncle.

jfk1962.jpg
noteforJFKpic.jpg

I got this from a local Family Video

IMG_0734.jpg

My neighbor gave me this after her husband died.

glove.jpg
glove2.jpg

That glove is going to be passed down to my son when he is older and can appreciate it.

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts