Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats the most "unique" NON CARD you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have an 04 ALCS Pennant signed by Youk, Manny, Foulke, Dave Roberts and Bronson Arroyo. Am adding Trot Nixon to it today, also a lot of Cape League memorabilia, have a bat from 1988 that has Cape League as the name on it signed by Frank Thomas, Mo Vaughn, Bagwell, Will Clark, AJ ******* and Todd Cunningham.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
19braves77 said:
Don't know if this counts but the oddest thing I have in my collection is a Mike Tyson signed baseball on the sweetspot.

If you ever want to move that, lmk. Brian

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
TNP777 said:
1989 San Diego scouting report on Brett Butler
oddball89scout2.jpg

oddball89scout1.jpg

Original contract promoting Butler & Paul Runge from AA to AAA, signed by the real home run king
butlercontract.jpg

Didn't see King Bonds auto anywhere? Saw Prince Aaron's, but not the true King Bonds!

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Mine is a scroll from 1935 that has over 180 American League baseball player signatures on it from that year. It has the entire starting lineup of that year's American League All-Star team as well as most of the World Series Champion Detroit Tigers. Notable signatures include inaugural HOF member Walter Johnson, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Connie Mack, and many, many more.

If you guys care to see more pictures, just let me know.

scroll1.jpg

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
mwheeler27 said:
Mine is a scroll from 1935 that has over 180 American League baseball player signatures on it from that year. It has the entire starting lineup of that year's American League All-Star team as well as most of the World Series Champion Detroit Tigers. Notable signatures include inaugural HOF member Walter Johnson, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Connie Mack, and many, many more.

If you guys care to see more pictures, just let me know.

scroll1.jpg

Holy crap please show some more of your collection.Thats a HOF worthy piece.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I have two uniforms from Cameron Maybin from his first professional team, the West Michigan Whitecaps. I missed out on an auction for an autographed jersey on ebay, and contacted the seller to see if she had another jersey. Here is an exchange of emails between us:

Me: I am very interested in one of his jerseys. I would actually prefer one that is not autographed, but if you only have autographed ones, I will buy one of those. How many are available? Please let me know, as I will be buying at least one.

Her: I have a road (unautographed, no nameplate) and a home that is unautographed (with nameplate of course), plus I have another autographed home jersey available. I was planning on holding them for our banquet, which is also a fundraiser for the Grand Rapids YMCA Inner City Youth Baseball & Softball program, but if you're willing to purchase one or more for $750 each, I could do that since the money is going to that charity. They will all come with COA.

Let me know if you're interested and in which jersey(s). I can do credit card via phone or Paypal.

Thanks,
Lori Ashcroft
West Michigan Whitecaps

Me: Are they all game worn, or just official jerseys? I would definitely want the nameplate on the back, so I would be most interested in the home jerseys. Also, would you be willing to sell the unautographed one cheaper than the autographed one? Please let me know.

Her: I had to go thru my home eBay account in order to contact you, because eBay kept blocking me from returning your email - they're smart and realized we're trying to do a deal outside eBay.

They're all game worn by Maybin. I can go as low as $660, since that's what it went for on eBay. I can't go lower than that because I'm sure they will/would get at least that much, if not more, at our winter banquet, autographed or not. Actually, the unautographed one shows the most signs of wear because that's the last one he wore, so the clubbie didn't have time to work on whitening the material before I grabbed it.

Me: OK, I'll pay $700 for it including delivery. That way, you get a little bit more for it. Can I call you with my credit card number?

-no response from her-

Me: I have not heard back from you. Is the jersey still available? Please let me know.

-still no response-

Me: I would really like to buy the home jersey you have. Please let me know if it is still available. Thanks.

-Finally, I hear back from her.-

Hi David - I'm assuming you weren't interested in the home jersey since I didn't hear back from you. I just wanted to let you know that the road jersey is on eBay in case you wanted to bid.

Thanks!
Lori Ashcroft

Me: Lori...I have emailed you 3 times since then.

I have not heard back from you. Can you call me? 678-878-XXXX.

Her: Hi David - I see you bought the road jersey too! If you want a pair of road pants, I can sell them along with that jersey for $700 even, including shipping. Either way, I forgot to write on your invoice for the jersey that you can pay by credit card again if you'd like, or PayPal. Let me know!

thanks,
Lori

Me: Yes, I will take the road pants with the road jersey for $700. I will have to pay you next week, though. I didn't plan on spending $1500 on this stuff, so I have to sell some things. I will be in touch soon.

So, I ended up with a home jersey with pants, and an away jersey with pants. The home jersey has a nameplate, but the away jersey does not. She told me on the phone that they ordered FOUR home jerseys for him, because they knew he was something special and thought they could make some money for charity by auctioning his jerseys. All the other players had just one home jersey. For the home jerseys, Maybin has one, I have one, the one ebay winner has one, and their winter banquet auction winner has one. I own the only away jersey.

David

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
thenumberonemetfan said:
mwheeler27 said:

If you guys care to see more pictures, just let me know

Holy crap please show some more of your collection.Thats a HOF worthy piece.

Thanks! I have actually talked to the HOF about this piece a couple of times. Still trying to decide what I want to do with it. I won't sell it, but I would like everyone to be able to see it. Here are some more pictures of it to illustrate the boldness and detail of the autos:

scroll2.jpg

Walter Johnson was the first to sign it.

scroll5.jpg

This one above shows Loug Gehrig, Connie Mack, Jimmie Foxx and others. Of course it looks a lot better in person.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
That is, hands down, the most incredible thing I've ever seen in someone's PC.

That is, indeed, HOF worthy!!!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Last year I picked up a full ticket from the first installment (innings 1-32) of the longest game in pro baseball history between Cal's Rochester Red Wings and Wade Boggs and the PawSox. The seller later agreed to sell me a full ticket to the conclusion as he thought it would be good going to my site and being shared with others. The last time I checked they were the only set slabbed by PSA. For what it's worth the Hall of Fame also has a full set of tickets. I recently built a page on my website dedicated to the longest game in pro baseball history:

"The Longest Game"

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I hate to be Debbie downer, but does that scroll have any authentication?

Like I said, I don't want to come off as rude or negative (and don't mean to disparage what is I'm sure a treasured piece in your collection), but I have doubts about those being legit sigs from a period piece.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Jeff D said:

Like I said, I don't want to come off as rude or negative (and don't mean to disparage what is I'm sure a treasured piece in your collection), but I have doubts about those being legit sigs from a period piece.

I agree that piece is fantastic, but all of the "H"'s on the page seem to be the same.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Jeff D said:

Good question guys. It's real, that's for sure. Here's some quick history on this piece with pictures following that includes the LOA.

In 1935, Miss Flora Grove embarked on a mission to get every American League baseball player's signature on a handmade scroll. She created this wonderful scroll featuring a silhouette of a batter and crest on parchment paper with her name and address in the upper right corner. Per the accompanying Cleveland News photo and caption showing Miss Grove and her scroll, “she admits that one of the Indians helped a great deal in getting the signatures, but declines absolutely to divulge his identity.”

This scroll contains some of the best signatures I have personally laid eyes on. Some of these signatures are probably exceedingly rare, however I haven't done enough research yet to know for sure. One thing that is for sure, I have yet to hear of any one piece that has as many signatures on one side of this many baseball players that played in the same year.

scroll8.jpg

scroll9.jpg

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
My dad had a big can collection. When he died and my mom remarried they packed it all up and put it in the attic. I've been meaning to go over there and get it but in there is a can that held the original film used on the Ediphone players signed by Thomas Edison. As soon as I get it I'll post up a pic.

Members online

Latest posts