Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your prospecting philosophy?

For flipping purposes, what do you like to buy into?

• Lots of low end (think chrome base, base refractors, X's, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
I generally tend to buy more modestly priced stuff like chrome lots, refs and x's of the top guys and usually only during cold streaks or dips in the market. Most of my activity is on lower tiered prospects in the each team's BA#5-25 range, allowing me to take a alot more chances on cards that are pleasing to look at :) which helps satisfy the collector in me as well because bricks of base chrome don't do much in that regard. So the home run flip is rare for me and my bread and butter would be $10 card that I sell for $25, usually to another propector. The flipside is when one of my bummy pitchers look to be flailing by the wayside, which happens every year I usually am able to sell the same 10 dollar card back into the market for 5 bucks or so. Sounds exciting, I know but with a few exceptions I'm just not interested in holding hundreds of dollars of cards of any one top prospect(unless I could get them waay below market)for any significant period of time.
And one point often overlooked:tracking the market for your prospect cards is just as important(if not more so)than tracking the stats of said prospect.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Usually I tend to buy the sleeper prospect's in Chrome but I've shifted this past year due to the Razor Exclusive's (since the top-notch prospect's are now SO MUCH CHEAPER to get). I've been able to prospect the 1st rounder's USA On-Card Auto's in bulk of Hosmer, Alvarez, Smoak, Matusz, Wallace, Skipworth, & some upcoming first-rounder's in Purke, Givens, Berry, & Minor (well basically price's have been so good that I've purchased a bit of everyone from the USA On-Card Auto's; as I'm sure there will be a time for each & every one of them to be profitable)! :D

Members online

Latest posts