Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

when to sell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
andyduke86 said:
Sell when the prices and hype are at their peak, you'll be able to buy back what you sold 2 months later at lower prices almost everytime.

And yes, the Baseball America Prospect Handbook is well worth the money.

Yup, if you sell at the right time, 90% of the time you can buy it back for cheaper in a month+

totran

Mar 25, 2009
andyduke86 said:
Sell when the prices and hype are at their peak, you'll be able to buy back what you sold 2 months later at lower prices almost everytime.

thanks all i think this thread is now done. good feedback and insight.

i was beginning to think that i was insulting people by mentioning the handbook glad to see at least one person will at least endorse it

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
Incline Investments said:
I don't worry about peaks and hype and all that.

Let's say I buy a card for $20, and my goal is to make an ROI of 100%.

I sell that card for $40, NO MATTER WHAT. Once my goal is met, I don't think twice, I just sell it and move on.

Sometimes I miss out on big profits by selling early (Braun, Longo, Hanley) but I very rarely lose money because I held too long.

Though I do agree with most of the information on this thread, this is the only post that captured my exact though.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I need to post this thread on the ebay message boards for all the potential buyers out there. And send it to television consumer reporters!

:evil laugh: :lol:

andyduke86 said:

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
prospect book a must have and research for sleepers. jay bruce will be an example in a year maybe 2 of braun, longo type situation. a couple of big years of production will level off the price of his cards higher. i won't miss out this time although i am a fan of his and will probably hold my heritage red auto bgs 9/10. buy low sell high, buy low sell high. repeat as many times as necessary.

Members online

Latest posts