Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who has been an ass to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
Pau Gasol sent a letter to me thanking me for being a fan and how excited he was to win another championship. However, card was unsigned. Must have been too excited.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
jrinne said:
Bonds was always a good one, he never really was an ass but had dumb excuses every single time. His best one was in spring training, after asking for autograph he replied. "man I got to take a mean ass $h!t" It was myself and 2 of my friends, no one else.

Biggest jerk goes to Homer Bailey, he told a 8 year old kid to F off.

I've seen and heard some good Homer Bailey stories. I've got him a few times and he's always been fairly cool. One time though I had him sign some stuff in paint pen and he told me not to get too high off the markers. ::facepalm::

The worst though are the AAA/AAAA players who have gotten a cup of coffee and think they are the greatest thing and have a huge attitude and won't sign. Scrubs who refuse to sign are the worst.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
This is a guy that I am going to see for myself on...

Glen Perkins... I hear he is a grade A ass... Yes, my favorite Twins player is a grade A ass... He refused to sign a Team Poster that was going to be auctioned off (by the Twins) for CHARITY.

I hear he is always moody and stuff... if he stays maybe I can buy a GU jersey and try to turn him around...

We will see...

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Eef97 said:
Pau Gasol sent a letter to me thanking me for being a fan and how excited he was to win another championship. However, card was unsigned. Must have been too excited.

That's not being an ass. It's neat you got a letter from Pau. I would treasure that

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
RNCoyote said:
Eef97 said:

That's not being an ass. It's neat you got a letter from Pau. I would treasure that

Yes, that is true. I don;t think he was being an ass, probably just got flooded with letters. Be happy you got something back

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
It was a letter sent from the team and not even from him, lol. No biggie just I would have rather got nothing than a preprint letter and my cards back unsigned. Well at least I got my cards back that I can give to some collector.

Went to Busch Stadium and Cardinals/Cubs no one would sign. I was near the dugout of the Cubs with fans there during and before BP and almost all the Cubs players walked within 10 feet of the place we were standing and not one would sign or even look over even as the younger kids were cheering and clapping for them. Nice.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Eef97 said:
It was a letter sent from the team and not even from him, lol. No biggie just I would have rather got nothing than a preprint letter and my cards back unsigned. Well at least I got my cards back that I can give to some collector.

Went to Busch Stadium and Cardinals/Cubs no one would sign. I was near the dugout of the Cubs with fans there during and before BP and almost all the Cubs players walked within 10 feet of the place we were standing and not one would sign or even look over even as the younger kids were cheering and clapping for them. Nice.

Some teams have strict autograph policies.

I know the "down under" Cubs are great signers.

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
predatorkj said:
I think my biggest beef is with Craig Biggio. Lance Berkman is getting crabby these days too but I'd imagine he has some reason since he sees the same guys at all his signings. But hey...a lot of them are actual fans. Biggio however will go out of his way to F up an item. The bad thing? Even if you have a hard fought for team signed item going...he'll screw it up anyways. Other things I have heard and posted here in the past about him, things from people I know very well, I just don't like the guy.

That's weird. I've never heard /anything/ bad about Biggio before this. Now, on Berkman I heard that a few years ago he started finding things that he signed at games on eBay and severely curtailed what and when he'd sign . Still, when he was at the AAA game here in Round Rock, he signed for about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't get him. He was still fairly gracious.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonCollector said:
predatorkj said:
I think my biggest beef is with Craig Biggio. Lance Berkman is getting crabby these days too but I'd imagine he has some reason since he sees the same guys at all his signings. But hey...a lot of them are actual fans. Biggio however will go out of his way to F up an item. The bad thing? Even if you have a hard fought for team signed item going...he'll screw it up anyways. Other things I have heard and posted here in the past about him, things from people I know very well, I just don't like the guy.

That's weird. I've never heard /anything/ bad about Biggio before this. Now, on Berkman I heard that a few years ago he started finding things that he signed at games on eBay and severely curtailed what and when he'd sign . Still, when he was at the AAA game here in Round Rock, he signed for about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't get him. He was still fairly gracious.

Yeah...they get pretty edgy. I wonder, if in all the time Lance looked on ebay, he actually checked the small amount of money people were paying for his auto? Maybe he'd then realize that people aren't making quite the money he thinks they are on his autos.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
17ROCKIES12 said:
bondofan38 said:
The absolute hands down worst guy i have ever met was willie mays. He is a class A dick. Reggie Jackson is a close second. I know someone said Johnny Bench but i have met him several times and he has always been a great guy.
I've got a Mays story that I can add.

I went to a signing of his this past January for a member here. Willie sat there like a vegetable and didn't acknowledge people. He signed baseballs in sharpie, unless otherwise asked (he must know better than that). I handed him the pen that I wanted used, and he began move his sharpie towards my card, before a lady fought him off. He refused to talk, look up, or sign quality autographs for people paying $300+. I was concerned for his health based on how he acted. Reggie Jackson came over and he got right up and all energetic. All of a sudden he was lively. Michael Bourn came over and for about ten minutes they had a conversation where Willie gave him advice. Willie was throwing, bouncing, and catching a ball. He was such a dick to the fans though.
i had the same thing 16 years ago. i was watching him sign and he never look up and was just a grummpy old man! i told one of the people in line he would have to pay me to take his autograph. that was 16 YEARS AGO> now you know where Barry Bonds gets it from!!!!!!!!!! both nice role models!!!!!!!!!

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
I think a lot of times it's where, when, and how the players are approached. The worst I've seen (admittedly, very little IP experience) is to be ignored. Granted, I don't yell, push past anyone, or anything like that. I'd rather a kid get one than me, to be honest. But the one game I've gone to this year (and I need to go to more, just haven't had the time), Logan Morrison, Jason Lane, Matt Kata and Gary Majewski were all very polite.

Mays...I can't say anything for. I can somewhat see his bitterness being because players today make millions while he and his peers made miniscule amounts of money. That being said, I can't see paying Tristar's bloated appearance rates at all. Sure, I'd like to meet the players. It's not worth $100+ - the cost of an autographed card on eBay/here/COMC to do so though.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonCollector said:
I think a lot of times it's where, when, and how the players are approached. The worst I've seen (admittedly, very little IP experience) is to be ignored. Granted, I don't yell, push past anyone, or anything like that. I'd rather a kid get one than me, to be honest. But the one game I've gone to this year (and I need to go to more, just haven't had the time), Logan Morrison, Jason Lane, Matt Kata and Gary Majewski were all very polite.

Mays...I can't say anything for. I can somewhat see his bitterness being because players today make millions while he and his peers made miniscule amounts of money. That being said, I can't see paying Tristar's bloated appearance rates at all. Sure, I'd like to meet the players. It's not worth $100+ - the cost of an autographed card on eBay/here/COMC to do so though.

Eh...some of them can just be a plain ass no matter how they are approached. My take is they need to quit worrying about people selling their autographs. I could see A-Rod or Pujols worrying about(not really any reason for them to worry but at least their auto is worth money) but not anybody that's ever even played for the astros has a reason to worry about it. That includes Nolan Ryan and Jeff Bagwell. Their autos aren't worth that damn much.

As for kids...I'll never push a kid out of the way to get an auto. Its an a-hole move for sure. But I will always try to get an auto as well. I never had much of a chance to get autos when I was younger. So now is my time.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
My worst experience(s) have been with Kerry Wood.

In 2009, and 2010 the Indians had a team autograph signing at the Cleveland Zoo for a Season Ticket Holder Appreciation thing. In 2009, he was the only person on the team to no show. The team said he was nursing an injury, then he saved games on back to back games the following 2 days.

And earlier this year, I was standing in line for Justin Masterson and Kerry Wood's table was about 100ft. away with nobody in line, just Kerry and a few pens. I planned on going over to get him after Masterson, and I was walking toward his table, then out of no where I hear "I don't need this! If these people don't appreciate me they don't deserve my autograph!" Then he proceeded to get storm off.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
danboone2006 said:

In 2009, and 2010 the Indians had a team autograph signing at the Cleveland Zoo for a Season Ticket Holder Appreciation thing. In 2009, he was the only person on the team to no show. The team said he was nursing an injury, then he saved games on back to back games the following 2 days.

And earlier this year, I was standing in line for Justin Masterson and Kerry Wood's table was about 100ft. away with nobody in line, just Kerry and a few pens. I planned on going over to get him after Masterson, and I was walking toward his table, then out of no where I hear "I don't need this! If these people don't appreciate me they don't deserve my autograph!" Then he proceeded to get storm off.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha "I DON'T DESERVE THIS!"

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
danboone2006 said:

Ya gotta wonder if he had been able to keep his career on track...maybe he wouldn't be so bitter. He really used to be a big deal until he totally screwed up his arm. Maybe he suffers from Chuck Knoublach syndrome. Hope he doesn't go postal.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
Jose Mesa when he was playing for the indians was the only real ***** i ever ran into. I was waiting outside fenway with about 10 other indians fans. He walks out with an entourage of about 5 people. He ignored the most of us(which i dont have an issue with) but then a little kid walks up to him and asks for an auto. Mesa stares at the kid blankly and turns away. one of his posse then tells him he speaks no english. So having a few beers at the game i yell out as he walks off "Why do you have to act like such an A-hole to the kid?" he turns and looks at me and i follow up with "I thought you dont understand english there big guy" Mesa gave me a dirty look and jumped into his limo and rode off. I then appologized to the folks around me for my language but they were too busy laughing about it to care.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
predatorkj said:
TBTwinsFan said:
danboone2006 said:

Ya gotta wonder if he had been able to keep his career on track...maybe he wouldn't be so bitter. He really used to be a big deal until he totally screwed up his arm. Maybe he suffers from Chuck Knoublach syndrome. Hope he doesn't go postal.

Yeah I can see that... But it doesn't give him much of a reason to be bitter...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
mikekarlovec said:
Jose Mesa when he was playing for the indians was the only real ***** i ever ran into. I was waiting outside fenway with about 10 other indians fans. He walks out with an entourage of about 5 people. He ignored the most of us(which i dont have an issue with) but then a little kid walks up to him and asks for an auto. Mesa stares at the kid blankly and turns away. one of his posse then tells him he speaks no english. So having a few beers at the game i yell out as he walks off "Why do you have to act like such an A-hole to the kid?" he turns and looks at me and i follow up with "I thought you dont understand english there big guy" Mesa gave me a dirty look and jumped into his limo and rode off. I then appologized to the folks around me for my language but they were too busy laughing about it to care.

I love the old "no speaky the english" line. Too bad my wife speaks fluent spanish. Boy did it come in handy when we met Pujols! But what she told him...god knows. She has a major crush on the guy so I am almost afraid to know. Hell...for all I know Albert sneaks over on road trips when the team visits Houston while I am at work. ::facepalm:: :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
predatorkj said:
mikekarlovec said:

I love the old "no speaky the english" line. Too bad my wife speaks fluent spanish. Boy did it come in handy when we met Pujols! But what she told him...god knows. She has a major crush on the guy so I am almost afraid to know. Hell...for all I know Albert sneaks over on road trips when the team visits Houston while I am at work. ::facepalm:: :lol:

I was going to say something but I am just... not even going to

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
predatorkj said:
mikekarlovec said:

I was going to say something but I am just... not even going to

Man I am just joking of course ::facepalm:: :lol: . I understand a great deal of Spanish. Trust me...if it got too raunchy...I would have been worried for real. But I will honestly tell you that she has a way of attracting them with the Spanish. The Dominicans ,the Cubans, and certainly the Puerto Ricans. Its like they are way more willing to sign for a spanish speaking person. I figure her being female has something to do with it too but I doubt that is the entire case because there have been several chicks trying to get some autos that don't get jack.

Members online

Latest posts