Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who has been an ass to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
predatorkj said:
TBTwinsFan said:
predatorkj said:
mikekarlovec said:
Jose Mesa when he was playing for the indians was the only real ***** i ever ran into. I was waiting outside fenway with about 10 other indians fans. He walks out with an entourage of about 5 people. He ignored the most of us(which i dont have an issue with) but then a little kid walks up to him and asks for an auto. Mesa stares at the kid blankly and turns away. one of his posse then tells him he speaks no english. So having a few beers at the game i yell out as he walks off "Why do you have to act like such an A-hole to the kid?" he turns and looks at me and i follow up with "I thought you dont understand english there big guy" Mesa gave me a dirty look and jumped into his limo and rode off. I then appologized to the folks around me for my language but they were too busy laughing about it to care.

I love the old "no speaky the english" line. Too bad my wife speaks fluent spanish. Boy did it come in handy when we met Pujols! But what she told him...god knows. She has a major crush on the guy so I am almost afraid to know. Hell...for all I know Albert sneaks over on road trips when the team visits Houston while I am at work. ::facepalm:: :lol:

I was going to say something but I am just... not even going to

Man I am just joking of course ::facepalm:: :lol: . I understand a great deal of Spanish. Trust me...if it got too raunchy...I would have been worried for real. But I will honestly tell you that she has a way of attracting them with the Spanish. The Dominicans ,the Cubans, and certainly the Puerto Ricans. Its like they are way more willing to sign for a spanish speaking person. I figure her being female has something to do with it too but I doubt that is the entire case because there have been several chicks trying to get some autos that don't get jack.

I forgot what I was going to say. I knew you were joking but it was a play off that joke. It was really good too dammit... HOW CAN I NOT REMEMBER!

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
predatorkj said:
Ya gotta wonder if he had been able to keep his career on track...maybe he wouldn't be so bitter. He really used to be a big deal until he totally screwed up his arm. Maybe he suffers from Chuck Knoublach syndrome. Hope he doesn't go postal.

I felt from the first day seeing Kerry with the Indians until the last that he did NOT want to be here, just signed because the offer blew everyone else out of the water.

The Mesa story is not shocking to me at all. I wasn't into auto hunting when he was with the Tribe in the mid-90's but from other people I have heard similar stories, in fact I don't know anyone off the top of my head that even has his auto.

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
Clearly none of you guys have ever been around Strasburg and his cold shoulder. I've been to 10+ Nats games really early to see the guys drive in to try and get some IP's and everytime I have had Strasburg ignore all of us(2-5 people). Once he did acknowledge me: He walked around the corner of an SUV and I was the only one standing there so I gave a quick "Do you mind signing Mr. Strasburg?" to which I got: "CANT YOU SEE IM ON THE PHONE....GOD" and then he walked into the clubhouse door.

On the other side, Drew Storen and Pudge are by far the nicest pro players I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Both sign every night after the game when asked. Pudge will pull off to the side of the road and sign for 10 minutes while getting killed by his wife for doing it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
jwc9p said:
Clearly none of you guys have ever been around Strasburg and his cold shoulder. I've been to 10+ Nats games really early to see the guys drive in to try and get some IP's and everytime I have had Strasburg ignore all of us(2-5 people). Once he did acknowledge me: He walked around the corner of an SUV and I was the only one standing there so I gave a quick "Do you mind signing Mr. Strasburg?" to which I got: "CANT YOU SEE IM ON THE PHONE....GOD" and then he walked into the clubhouse door.

On the other side, Drew Storen and Pudge are by far the nicest pro players I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Both sign every night after the game when asked. Pudge will pull off to the side of the road and sign for 10 minutes while getting killed by his wife for doing it.

MMMM... I might disagree on Stras. I have read many successes with him, IP and TTM. You have to realize something about Stras, he knows that dealers are after him and that they are crafty, using kids and other excuses to make a quick buck at his expense

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
jwc9p said:

where is this entrance to the clubhouse you speak of, and how early

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
TBTwinsFan said:
MMMM... I might disagree on Stras. I have read many successes with him, IP and TTM. You have to realize something about Stras, he knows that dealers are after him and that they are crafty, using kids and other excuses to make a quick buck at his expense

I have heard he was great in the minors and signed for everyone but since he has been in DC I have never personally seen him pick up a pen at NatsPark. I have heard he signed once in his car after kids stood in front of his car but he only signed 3 or 4 and wasnt happy about it. At the Nats Fan Fest he signed 100 autographs(not a single more) and didn't seemed too pleased about it. Also, about 4 or 5 weeks ago a mesh netting was put up around the players parking lot to prevent autographs. We all assumed it was at King Strasburg's request until we got Wil Nieves to stop one day and we asked him about it. His response: "Ask Strasburg about it"

The entrance is just off the player's parking lot behind the stadium. Walked in the door right next to the garage doors

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
jwc9p said:
TBTwinsFan said:

I have heard he was great in the minors and signed for everyone but since he has been in DC I have never personally seen him pick up a pen at NatsPark. I have heard he signed once in his car after kids stood in front of his car but he only signed 3 or 4 and wasnt happy about it. At the Nats Fan Fest he signed 100 autographs(not a single more) and didn't seemed too pleased about it. Also, about 4 or 5 weeks ago a mesh netting was put up around the players parking lot to prevent autographs. We all assumed it was at King Strasburg's request until we got Wil Nieves to stop one day and we asked him about it. His response: "Ask Strasburg about it"

The entrance is just off the player's parking lot behind the stadium. Walked in the door right next to the garage doors

Well...just imagine how much he gets asked. This is one of the only times where I'd agree that maybe its better to lay off for a few years since he's probably been overwhelmed with too many requests.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
Re: Strasburg

I was lucky enough to get Strasburg TTM through Training camp this year. I know he signed a few other baseballs TTM this past spring.

Members online