Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's more hated in America, The Cowboys or The Yankees?

Who's more hated in America, The Cowboys or The Yankees?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
I think it is obvious by my name who I don't hate. I personally think that the Red Sox are starting to gain on the Yankees as most hated team. I can't stand Boston, but I can tolerate the Yankees.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
cowboysrule48 said:
I think it is obvious by my name who I don't hate. I personally think that the Red Sox are starting to gain on the Yankees as most hated team. I can't stand Boston, but I can tolerate the Yankees.

The Red Sox may be gaining ground, but the Yanks probably are going to pull ahead a bit more by the time they're done signing free agents. :)

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Brett Keith said:
cowboysrule48 said:

The Red Sox may be gaining ground, but the Yanks probably are going to pull ahead a bit more by the time they're done signing free agents. :)

I think for me the whole Red Sox thing has to do with their fans. Not all Sox fans, I don't want to offend anyone, but the ignorant members of "The Nation," who only like the team because it is trendy.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
cowboysrule48 said:
Brett Keith said:
cowboysrule48 said:

I think for me the whole Red Sox thing has to do with their fans. Not all Sox fans, I don't want to offend anyone, but the ignorant members of "The Nation," who only like the team because it is trendy.

Oh c'mon, like there isn't a mid-size state's worth of people out there that have rocked the blue star because it was cool. :) Ofcourse it's almost impossible for me to hate the Red Sox, because I hate the Yankees. I must say the Sox are making it easier, but not because of the fans, simply because they're now the Rays #1 rival. So since my M's aren't close to being good, my energy will be focused on B.J. and the Rays, which could mean growing evil feelings towards the Sox.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Brett Keith said:
cowboysrule48 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":1hx50jtr]
cowboysrule48 said:

Oh c'mon, like there isn't a mid-size state's worth of people out there that have rocked the blue star because it was cool. :) Ofcourse it's almost impossible for me to hate the Red Sox, because I hate the Yankees. I must say the Sox are making it easier, but not because of the fans, simply because they're now the Rays #1 rival. So since my M's aren't close to being good, my energy will be focused on B.J. and the Rays, which could mean growing evil feelings towards the Sox.[/quote:1hx50jtr]

But then at least we are cheering for the same team!! It sure does make for some interesting encounters at the Trop when the Sox are in town. I can't even count the number of drunken Sox fans I've seen make a fool of themselves. I know every team has those fans, but the Sox ones just seems a little worse to me.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Brett Keith said:
cowboysrule48 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2zlhmtog]
cowboysrule48 said:

Oh c'mon, like there isn't a mid-size state's worth of people out there that have rocked the blue star because it was cool. :) Ofcourse it's almost impossible for me to hate the Red Sox, because I hate the Yankees. I must say the Sox are making it easier, but not because of the fans, simply because they're now the Rays #1 rival. So since my M's aren't close to being good, my energy will be focused on B.J. and the Rays, which could mean growing evil feelings towards the Sox.[/quote:2zlhmtog]

With all the trades the M's are currently making, I can say they will be better this year than last year.. :cool:

After the M's, my favorite team is the Twins as I have watched Tacoma since the 70's when they were associated with the Twins. Not even when Tacoma was associated with the Yankees (77', 78") could make me pick the Yankers!

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Pinbreaker said:
Brett Keith said:
cowboysrule48 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":3h6iggni]
cowboysrule48 said:

Oh c'mon, like there isn't a mid-size state's worth of people out there that have rocked the blue star because it was cool. :) Ofcourse it's almost impossible for me to hate the Red Sox, because I hate the Yankees. I must say the Sox are making it easier, but not because of the fans, simply because they're now the Rays #1 rival. So since my M's aren't close to being good, my energy will be focused on B.J. and the Rays, which could mean growing evil feelings towards the Sox.

With all the trades the M's are currently making, I can say they will be better this year than last year.. :cool:

After the M's, my favorite team is the Twins as I have watched Tacoma since the 70's when they were associated with the Twins. Not even when Tacoma was associated with the Yankees (77', 78") could make me pick the Yankers![/quote:3h6iggni]

Oh things are definitely looking up, but right now the draft is still the brightest light on the horizon, especially with our new GM being known for finding talent and the having 5 of the first 60 picks.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
I'm from the Dirty, Dirty so I don't keep up with either but I really only hate 1 team, The Cowpie College in Auburn, AL(and the Fans, of course). If I had to pick one, Cowboys.

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
Not much of an NFL guy, but the Yankees have plenty of critics. I dislike the word hate because it will lead inevitably to "hater". Sigh.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
cowboysrule48 said:

I can not stand Sox Nation. I detest it.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
As a Yankee fan, the Yankees are clearly the most hated team. You either love them or hate them. I can't stand the Cowboys, but they just do not have the "hate" base like the Yankees do.

With that said, it is sad the amount of people that spend more time and energy hating a team, mainly the Yankees, rather than cheering for their own team.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
If they do away with the salary cap in the NFL Jerry Jones will spend like a freaking mad man to load up the Cowboys with pro-bowlers and ex-cons.

The popularity of the NFL far exceeds MLB nationally so I bet that if the salary cap is gone in a few years, the Cowboys will be the most hated organization in all of sports.

With a salary cap in place in the NFL and none in the MLB, there is far more reason to hate the Yankees.

Plus Yankees fans are way more arrogant and annoying than most Cowboys fans. You would think the Yankees actually won something in the last few years the way their fans act.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
The San Antonio Spurs might be up there too

I live 30 miles away from San Antonio and the Spurs hate is strong even here. There is 1 city in America where the spurs aren't hated. The rest of Texas likes the Mavs and Rockets.

I really don't understand it. Their star players are great guys who play the game the right way. They aren't flashy and sure they are boring to watch, but they should be role models for every organization in sports.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
You guys have to much hate in your life.

I don't think there is any team I "hate"....not even the Red Sox.

What actually makes one "hate" a team?

Members online