Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow...Rendon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
I'm just glad I sold my lot of 14 base for $50. I held onto almost all of my USA/draft cards for after the upcoming draft but it seems like a majority of the cards dropped in value after the draft was completed. The high point seemed to be the hype leading up to the draft. Anyone else notice the same trend?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
cwc2002 said:
I'm just glad I sold my lot of 14 base for $50. I held onto almost all of my USA/draft cards for after the upcoming draft but it seems like a majority of the cards dropped in value after the draft was completed. The high point seemed to be the hype leading up to the draft. Anyone else notice the same trend?

There is always a drop off after the draft, and then it picks up once the signings trickle in.

Cape Cod League play and USA play also helps some sales atfer the draft.

Remember.... Once they sign and get an assignmen, these are still the only cards available until at least the winter time.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
There's another one going on with almost four days left at $7.50 with eight bids (although you could call the bidder into question).

[ebay:1osfs4zc]300568291637[/ebay:1osfs4zc]

Full disclosure here, that's my card (I'm the seller) and I haven't the faintest idea who bronxzoo is.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
cwc2002 said:

I sold most of my Rendon's early enough to sell them at ~$10/pop, and then sold almost all of the additional copies on draft night for ~$6/pop. I have 5 left over and 3 at BGS (which I'm now seeing wasn't necessarily a great decision). I sold about 25-30 of the player lots of (25) and did pretty well on draft night and on the few days following it. I still have some offers trickling in and still have a bunch of the better names available (Cole included). It was a successful experiment for me in terms of my bottom line but I'm not sure I'd do it again given the time investment.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
sebpoo said:
saferseas said:
Flooded market?

There's a bunch of USA sets made, especially since they sold them in retail stores minus the gu/autos.

It's not that the card was rare, but it was his only one. I'm not surprised at all.

I don't think it's quite as big an issue as it may seem. There aren't more than a regular release of anyone's Bowman RC (non-autos of course). It's all about timing. Every card goes through lulls.

Members online