Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Prospect Rush" is live.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hohlernr

Dec 1, 2012
Michigan
I just don't understand AFTER seeing the failure of HOS with boxes that included graded base cards, WHY would you ever do basically the same thing?

This would be my suggestion if you try to do a round #2 of this product:

Box Price:$100
Profit per Box: $20
Manufacturing Cost per Box: $5 (this is just a wild guess)
Miscellaneous Expenses: $5
Money per Box to spend on cards: $70

I would limit the amount of MONSTER hits and focus on including cards NO worse than graded AUTOS of mid-tier prospects. I would have no problem buying a $100 box with a 1/5 chance of getting a gold Archie Bradley auto or a 1/250 chance at an super auto and then only getting a BGS 9 Francisco Lindor auto.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
That would be a bummer to pull a 1982 Rickey RC...a 1980 RC would be cool though...

when i was a kid back in the early 90's I used to go with my Uncle to set up at shows. He made hundreds of grab bags and stuck a 82 Topps Rickey Henderson RC in a couple of them. He couldn't sell them fast enough! I guess the gambler niche has always been fairly large in this hobby. Heck I love this type of product but this one's just not for me. I just can't begin to imagine how I would feel if I dropped $200 on this only to be the guy who pulls a Wagner Mateo non-auto blue refractor that's not even worth 1/200 the price of the box! Seeing that break was enough to keep me away.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I just don't understand AFTER seeing the failure of HOS with boxes that included graded base cards, WHY would you ever do basically the same thing?

This would be my suggestion if you try to do a round #2 of this product:

Box Price:$100
Profit per Box: $20
Manufacturing Cost per Box: $5 (this is just a wild guess)
Miscellaneous Expenses: $5
Money per Box to spend on cards: $70

I would limit the amount of MONSTER hits and focus on including cards NO worse than graded AUTOS of mid-tier prospects. I would have no problem buying a $100 box with a 1/5 chance of getting a gold Archie Bradley auto or a 1/250 chance at an super auto and then only getting a BGS 9 Francisco Lindor auto.

I just cannot fathom how HOS is so hated over on Blowout, but they're drooling over this PR stuff talking about how it's such an awesome product. It's THE SAME THING!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I just cannot fathom how HOS is so hated over on Blowout, but they're drooling over this PR stuff talking about how it's such an awesome product. It's THE SAME THING!

shelbyvillelimit.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

While I am not a fan of HOS by any means I think it has far better hit value. Besides hitting a guy who could blow out his acl and be worthless in 2 weeks is far less exciting than pulling a vintage card.

Can someone link me to the 15 page topic over at BO about the $500 card shenanigans this "rush" company pulled the other night? I cant seem to find it. Hell I cant even find a mention of it.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
While I am not a fan of HOS by any means I think it has far better hit value. Besides hitting a guy who could blow out his acl and be worthless in 2 weeks is far less exciting than pulling a vintage card.

Can someone link me to the 15 page topic over at BO about the $500 card shenanigans this "rush" company pulled the other night? I cant seem to find it. Hell I cant even find a mention of it.

No BO link but here's the video. Turn on the chat after the Valiant breaks to see the conversations. Very interesting.

Also take note of the $.99 Tommy Joseph Blue Ref non-auto that was one of the "hits"

Prospect Rush #10 - blogTV

Last edited:

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009

the "face" of HOS was boomo, who is apparently not a likeable fellow, and it was "supported" by FCB because boomo is more of a member here than there. simple as that.

pigeonsbaseball

Mar 12, 2011
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sigma_chi I just cannot fathom how HOS is so hated over on Blowout, but they're drooling over this PR stuff talking about how it's such an awesome product. It's THE SAME THING!

the "face" of HOS was boomo, who is apparently not a likeable fellow, and it was "supported" by FCB because boomo is more of a member here than there. simple as that.

That is pretty much it.

I feel like I've got a pretty good perspective of being on both sites for a couple of years. I wouldn't say that the people on BO are just blindly drooling over PR, some are but there are plenty of people on BO who don't like it but I think they haven't been really tearing it apart because the guy who made PR has been on BO for a long time and has a very strong reputation in the BO community. .

Overall the feedback for HOS at BO was pretty similar to the feedback of PR in this thread.

It got really bad for HOS on BO as the reviews started coming in from the people watching the $170 per slot breaks and worse after the breaker won one of the weekly "grand prizes". Anyone who said anything negative about HOS would get a PM through Ebay ripping them a new ahole and cussing them out. It was some pretty nasty stuff and that definitely pushed some people over the edge with HOS. I know for a fact this was happening.

There wasn't anything said about HOS that wasn't said in the 15+ pages of this thread about PR. I don't know the guy who owns PR but I haven't read any comments here that he has been PM'ing people telling them to go F themselves or anything like that.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
For someone who hates FCB and its members so much, @Jenkinssssss sure visits a lot. He also does a lot of projection...

I really never understood that with anything. I equate it to someone getting kicked in the junk and then going back to the person and asking them to do it again. It just makes no sense.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Hos was almost universally hated on this site.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Speaking from the perspective that blowout users had. They saw his name, connected it to FCB, and didn't pay it any more thought than that.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
That is pretty much it.

I feel like I've got a pretty good perspective of being on both sites for a couple of years. I wouldn't say that the people on BO are just blindly drooling over PR, some are but there are plenty of people on BO who don't like it but I think they haven't been really tearing it apart because the guy who made PR has been on BO for a long time and has a very strong reputation in the BO community. .

Overall the feedback for HOS at BO was pretty similar to the feedback of PR in this thread.

It got really bad for HOS on BO as the reviews started coming in from the people watching the $170 per slot breaks and worse after the breaker won one of the weekly "grand prizes". Anyone who said anything negative about HOS would get a PM through Ebay ripping them a new ahole and cussing them out. It was some pretty nasty stuff and that definitely pushed some people over the edge with HOS. I know for a fact this was happening.

There wasn't anything said about HOS that wasn't said in the 15+ pages of this thread about PR. I don't know the guy who owns PR but I haven't read any comments here that he has been PM'ing people telling them to go F themselves or anything like that.

Agreed on all fronts, accept Boomo doesn't own HOS, and to compare him to ML isn't really fair. Boomo was just breaking the product, that's it. Did he try to promote it? Yep, but it is not his business.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
True, but it moved quicker than I expected. A week after release and most of the product is already gone. The gambler niche is bigger than I thought.

#1) Selling out is not selling well. CGilmo Creates a product makes 10 boxes and it is all bought that is not a hot seller.

#2) This is something people do all the time on Ebay or in their shops with mystery bags, so the gambler niche has always been there.

#3) Prospect Rush is guy that was injured/sick/whatever and saw an easy way to prey on his fellow morons.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Houdini from Blowout Cards opened 2 cases last night...hit 2 supers including Jackie Bradley Jr. auto. The other was a Rymer Liriano superfractor non-auto. The other boxes were absolutely horrendous. The owner of PR was on the thread saying he was going to send "a box full of slabbed autos" to make up for what he calls "incorrect packouts"

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Houdini from Blowout Cards opened 2 cases last night...hit 2 supers including Jackie Bradley Jr. auto. The other was a Rymer Liriano superfractor non-auto. The other boxes were absolutely horrendous. The owner of PR was on the thread saying he was going to send "a box full of slabbed autos" to make up for what he calls "incorrect packouts"

LOL no one really buys this whole incorrect pack-out excuse right? This is how the product was to be, really bad or ok.

And as for houdini pulling good cards, at this point are we really surprised? I wonder if he bought direct or from BO lol

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I think its time to realize the horse is dead. Let the gamblers have their fun and let's move on shall we?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Or you can click another topic. This topic is about a new product, love it or hate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts