Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Panini Immaculate Baseball - releasing 9/24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm loving the Robinson/Paige card. Just curious, but who owns the KC Monarchs or any of the ***** League logos, HOF in Cooperstown?

when you look at the back of a paige/robinson card listed on ebay, it says it's licensed by the ***** Leagues Baseball Museum, so it appears that museum claims ownership of the ***** league team wordmarks, logos, trademarks, etc.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Replica jersey, right? It seems to be part of tag for an "Authentic Diamond Collection" jersey.

I think gamers were Russell Diamond Collections around 92,93,94

56666f_lg.jpeg

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
My point that it is over hyped, overpriced, not everyone likes it, and cases/boxes are a MAJOR crap shoot just like every product topps makes.
That wasn't your point. Your point was they look like crap and people who buy it are what's wrong with the hobby and other things. Of course not everyone likes it. I get it, you want to say to everyone I told you so.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Not, I told you so.

Just that my opinion has been confirmed by sales.
No, it really hasn't. The nice pieces are getting great prices like every card release. If you want to be selective, cool but your opinion has not been confirmed by anything unless your opinion that low end cards sell for cheap and high end cards sell for high prices...

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Some of the stuff blows Topps out of the water.

Some of it just plain blows.

It looks almost as if two different teams worked on the design and those teams never met each other.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
http://m.ebay.com/itm/321537832252?nav=SEARCH

IMO this is how you do a non-logo card. I'm actually surprised at how much of the colors / name plate / jersey # they used. I think that's how you do a "perfect" look (regarding the photo) when you don't have the perfect circumstances.

**another Schmidt with him in his pinstripe jersey is done well too, but showed more of the helmet so you knew it was airbrushed

Ryan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Just did some fun curiosity research (research conducted based on a collector tip shared in what I think was a recent triple threads thread not that long ago here on FCB).

I was looking through a Panini Immaculate gallery and noticed a giancarlo staton bat knob had a PSA number 1B05373 on the knob. it was also pulled and listed on ebay, fyi: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIANCARLO-STANTON-2014-IMMACULATE-COLLECTION-BAT-KNOBS-BAT-KNOB-1-1-/361067063508?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item54114628d4

It turns out to be a Mike Stanton (name before namechange to Giancarlo) minor league bat from his season with the 2009 Jacksonville Suns. Funny that it's a minor league bat in a major league product.

Goldin Auction had it and it says the realized price was $501.75. Cracked handle so it appears to be perfect for Panini's purposes since they don't need a perfect bat to make knobs, barrels and bat chips for their cards.

PSA/DNA calls only the bat authentic based on the model number/length/weight of the bat according to the manufacturers ordering records for Stanton in 2009 (no opinion for the "Mike Stanton" signature on the bat) and Goldin did not provide in the item description a PSA/DNA cert number for the auto so it may not have been analyzed to see if is real or fake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts