Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Future of Ichiro cards..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
As you should have heard by now, Ichiro will no longer be included in Topps products...

Although I told everyone a year ago this was coming, it seems everyone (including some of my staff) were shocked..

So, what can we do as one of the last men standing to take Ichiro cards to the next level?

BG

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
As you should have heard by now, Ichiro will no longer be included in Topps products...

Although I told everyone a year ago this was coming, it seems everyone (including some of my staff) were shocked..

So, what can we do as one of the last men standing to take Ichiro cards to the next level?

BG

For those ichiro fans, get them while they still hot.

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Never picture him as a Yankee?

But seriously, put out as many autographs as you can get him to agree to. I'm poor and still need the prices to come down.
(I'm only half serious)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
How about putting "Topps" in the corner. :)

I kid of course.

I think there are things you can do surrounding his recent and upcoming milestones (4000 hits between US and Japan, 3000 hits in the US and passing Pete Rose between US and Japan). Of course the biggest one for most MLB fans will be the 3000 hits in the US (which hopefully he can accomplish) and you don't want to overdo it (meaning you might prefer to hold off until he gets to 3000 to start celebrating the accomplishments.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
How about putting "Topps" in the corner. :)

I kid of course.

I think there are things you can do surrounding his recent and upcoming milestones (4000 hits between US and Japan, 3000 hits in the US and passing Pete Rose between US and Japan). Of course the biggest one for most MLB fans will be the 3000 hits in the US (which hopefully he can accomplish) and you don't want to overdo it (meaning you might prefer to hold off until he gets to 3000 to start celebrating the accomplishments.

I'm with you, but he will still not make the HoF unfortunately... Wish he would though, just like matsui.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm with you, but he will still not make the HoF unfortunately... Wish he would though, just like matsui.

What makes you think he won't? I'd say considering the era in which he has played and the lack of any "rumor" or link, he's almost a dead lock. He is the most exciting player (in his prime) I've ever seen. But I like infield hits

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
What makes you think he won't? I'd say considering the era in which he has played and the lack of any "rumor" or link, he's almost a dead lock. He is the most exciting player (in his prime) I've ever seen. But I like infield hits

Personally I think he's always been overrated as his batting average did not necessarily translate to a huge OBP, and he had little to no power, but I believe he will be a 1st ballot HOFer.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
but he will still not make the HoF unfortunately... Wish he would though, just like matsui.
Are you kidding?
Ichiro is a slam dunk first ballot Hall of Famer who will most likely get more than 90% of the vote.
Not only is he a great hitter who may get 3,000 hits in one of the shortest times ever, but he was a premier outfielder, winning ten Gold Gloves.
He also has an MVP, Rookie of the Year, two batting titles and nearly 500 stolen bases.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Are you kidding?
Ichiro is a slam dunk first ballot Hall of Famer who will most likely get more than 90% of the vote.
Not only is he a great hitter who may get 3,000 hits in one of the shortest times ever, but he was a premier outfielder, winning ten Gold Gloves.
He also has an MVP, Rookie of the Year, two batting titles and nearly 500 stolen bases.
+ the rookie single season hit record, the single season hit record, most times hit 200 in a season...

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player spent 20 seasons between two countries, MLB does not use that players numbers from the country he played for (outside the US). Now, I would love to see him in the HoF, but, I don't see it. Your thoughts?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
It's the National Baseball Hall of Fame, not the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame. I say he's in.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player spent 20 seasons between two countries, MLB does not use that players numbers from the country he played for (outside the US). Now, I would love to see him in the HoF, but, I don't see it. Your thoughts?

In the end he will still end up with
1. 10 All Star Games
2. 3000 Hits
3. 10 Gold Gloves
4. A ~320 Average
5. An MLB Record
6. A tremendous impact on the game in a POSITIVE way

Members online

Latest posts