Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Future of Ichiro cards..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I can't believe this is even a discussion. If Ichiro walked away today, he'd make the HOF in five years. He's averaged 207 hits in a 13 year career, has a career BA of .320, plus the already-mentioned 10 consecutive Gold Gloves, 10 consecutive all-star appearances, MVP, ROY.

By the way, do you really have to ask for Alex Rodriguez cards twice in every one of your posts? Sheesh.

/grumpy
/nitpicky

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player spent 20 seasons between two countries, MLB does not use that players numbers from the country he played for (outside the US). Now, I would love to see him in the HoF, but, I don't see it. Your thoughts?

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

As others have alluded to above, he won't NEED those stats from Japan to be counted. He was that good

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

I agree with this, and I really do not think the hobby wants or needs a "Ichiro' based card set. Especially a unlicensed one. This is not to say some sweet patch or auto cards here and there throughout the scattered baseball line up produced by LEAF is not a great idea, I just do not see any real value a 'all Ichiro' offering has right now. However, once he retires and something is made to commemorate his professional baseball career in totality, including both Japan and the MLB, then I could see a hobby demand. Mind you this is nothing against LEAF, just not the right time to try and capitalize on it.

On a side note, Ichiro is a HOF lock, and one of the best pure hitters of this or any generation.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Like someone said, make a International Legends set. Get a Sadaha Oh auto or mem card and folks will go apeXXXX !

And get pictures of Ichiro in a 'top' hat :D. That'll hammer Topps nonsensical ways home.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Maybe strike a deal with the Japanese league to get their license? Make Ichiro cards showing him in Japanese uniform perhaps?

An small all on-card inscription set of Ichiro would be insane. Just don't dilute the value of his autos by flooding the market with stickers like Rose.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
How about a sweet, super super short print run Ichiro themed product? The low # print run won't flood the market with Ichiro Products, but some nice looking auto and patch cards would do the hobby a lot of good.

I agree with someone a few posts ago, he was such an amazing person to watch play. I'd sit in Right Field just to watch the amazing runs he made close up.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Brian, you still don't receive any respect from me, you screwed me a couple of times, and you'll never get another chance. I could care less about Ichiro cards. ****.

I wanted to talk to you about our differences at the Natty, but you ran like a scared rabbit.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Brian, you still don't receive any respect from me, you screwed me a couple of times, and you'll never get another chance. I could care less about Ichiro cards. ****.

I wanted to talk to you about our differences at the Natty, but you ran like a scared rabbit.

Someone seems mad.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN

Might I suggest taking it to PM rather than cluttering the thread with this nonsense?

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Finding a GU jersey from his Japan days would be huge.

Maybe a milestones set. Start in Japan and work all the way to the present.

Another Mariners jersey shouldn't be too hard to find and there is even a Yankees GU currently on eBay.

I'm not really a fan of the whole idea of players pulling from licensed sets.. But whatever.. that wasn't the question.

Since many of us are not versed in ichiros Japanese career it would be neat to see a set that has focus on his achievements over seas.

Maybe some duals with the greats and some dual game used with his jerseys from both countries.

Members online

Latest posts