Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most valuable promos/samples of the 90's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
chippercards.com said:
Figured I would jump in the conversation - I have a pretty rare Will Clark promo posted on ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

I might have started a little high, but I'm also glad to trade for Chipper Jones cards I need (91 Topps O-Pee-Chee - will take volume if you have them, Stadium Club First Days 93-94, 98 topps tek, rare parallel or serial #'d stuff)

And I also have a 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo of Andre Dawson going up right now too.

I have a good number of rare Andruw Jones cards available for trade, in case anyone is interested: http://www.chippercards.com/other/andruw.htm

Finally on the 1998 Donruss Crusade Prototypes, I scored about 30 of them a while back. I picked them up pretty cheap 2 years ago at about $10 per and placed them privately last year at $20-25 per, including a Magglio Ordonez RC. I bought/sold a ton of Crusades over the years, that really is my favorite set of all time...I have the images posted on my site of most of the ones I owned: http://www.chippercards.com/other/crusadehist.htm

Any questions/comments, just email me at [email protected]...I hardly ever check this board ;o) Cheers All!

Matt

email sent

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Impressive site on those Crusades. I've never seen that many at one time. What prototypes did you have?? The reason I ask is a lot of the player collectors have never seen any at all of their player, and it would be nice to know how many have been bought & sold . . the breakdown between green, purple, and red on the Series 2 prototypes. I only know of 1 other person that's seen a purple and red series 2 of Will Clark anyway. Good post!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ajw said:
I just picked up this promo sheet a couple weeks ago. It's listed on Beckett's checklist, but I had never seen one until another collector pointed me in the right direction...

1992Score-PinnaclePromo.jpg

I think there is one for Bagwell too but its got different players on it if I recall correctly.

Loyalty32

Dec 7, 2008
These may have been posted earlier, but I'm so excited to have landed it so here it is...

-Andre Dawson 1990 Donruss Aqueous Test #223

AD1990DATSGC60B.jpg

AD1990DATSGC60F.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
predatorkj said:
ajw said:
I just picked up this promo sheet a couple weeks ago. It's listed on Beckett's checklist, but I had never seen one until another collector pointed me in the right direction...

I think there is one for Bagwell too but its got different players on it if I recall correctly.

The Bagwell promo has Score Travis Tryman, Score Andre Dawson, Pinnagle Bagwell, and Pinnacle Darryl Strawberry.

At least there's only one for your guys. I have to find two Gary Gaettis. Have the Score, need to find the Pinnacle card!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
klute14 said:
Awesome!!!
Where did you find the Bonds?

Picked up both of those on eBay, I have the Bonds up for sale right now.

I tried and tried to get SGC to change the label on the Ripken to say "Proof" or "Promo" but they won't do it unfortunately.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Jastermereel said:
HawaiianLance said:
clarkfan said:
Whatever happened to donyboy23? I remember asking him all kinds of questions about promos. He was definitely the one to ask when it came to rare 90's promos.

I'm sorry to say that he passed away a few years back.

No point in asking what became of his collection. It's being held in trust for his kids. When they come of age, they'll decide what to do with it. So my guess would be a minimum of 10 years-to-Never.

Not true. His children are adults in their 30's. They, last I spoke to them, decided to keep his stuff.

I figured he had passed away. We used to email back and forth about twice a week and talked on the phone a few times.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
He would be a valuable asset here on the board, b/c I think he had near complete sets of a lot of the promos we discuss.

Loyalty32

Dec 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
ajw said:

Another hard one to track down...

1992ScorePinnaclePromoPanels.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Loyalty32 said:
predatorkj said:
ajw said:

Another hard one to track down...

1992ScorePinnaclePromoPanels.jpg

Dang!You got an extra or know where I can find one?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Ken Griffey Jr. 1995 Upper Deck Promo

[ebay]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300359359294&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT[/ebay]

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I know this thread is virtually dead, but what do guys know about the 1997 Pinnacle Passport to the Majors SAMPLE cards? I just sold a Griffey and I have a few more I'll be listing soon. Wanted to know what you guys thought of them or if anyone still needed their player. Some of the stars are Cal Ripken, Frank Thomas, Hideo Nomo, Robert Alomar, Mike Piazza, etc. The only player SCD lists as a promo is Maddux, Beckett lists zero, but I know most of the set, if not all, have promos.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Hi guys here are a few of my Rickey Henderson Promos. Always looking for more.

IMG_2576.jpgIMG_2578.jpg

Rare 1991 Mr. Turkey Plastic Prototype

1997-98 Fleer Million Dollar Moments Promo

IMG_3554.jpg
IMG_3555.jpg

1992 Score P&G Sample. He was not in the set.
IMG_3558.jpg
IMG_3559.jpg
I'll try to post some more. If anyone has any Hendersons that I need, I would be interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts