Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Prospect Rush" is live.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We hired a third party to pack out the boxes. While we gave details on how we wanted them packed out, some boxes did get packed out in a fashion we were not happy with. In your above listings I would agree that 3 of the boxes need to have had another slabbed card inserted into them. I will make the same post here as I made on Blowout...

If you received a box with a single very low value slab please contact us. We will be happy to provide you with an additional Slab or Slabs to make up for the packing error.

[email protected]

We are working currently on a new format for series 2 so that this does not happen in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

They're not my cards so no skin off my back but seriously how does a card that doesn't even bring $1 on eBay make it into a $200 box of cards? A third party packed them, but dang man you're the one who hand-picked these crappy cards for your premium product right? Most of these cards I've seen I would be disappointed to pull them out of a box of $60 Bowman Draft much less a high dollar issue such as PR. It's not an isolated incident because i watched probably 10 different case/box breaks and i would say at least 20% of the cards aren't worth the postage it would take to ship them. Khris Davis base auto? 3rd year Matt Moore blue Ref? Wagner Mateo? Austin Meadows base RC? Harper 3rd year base chromes? I'll be completely honest, I was going to give this product a whirl...at least a box anyway until I watched the videos.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This whole third party packing issue does not bode well with many folks. Offering to send them another card is nice but this is showing the people who might be interested to stay far away.

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
You would think that with your first release you would not have these types of issues.

I would have loved for everything to go smooth, but that didn't happen. Rather than ignore the issue we are offering a fix for any and all clients that had this happen.

They're not my cards so no skin off my back but seriously how does a card that doesn't even bring $1 on eBay make it into a $200 box of cards? A third party packed them, but dang man you're the one who hand-picked these crappy cards for your premium product right? Most of these cards I've seen I would be disappointed to pull them out of a box of $60 Bowman Draft much less a high dollar issue such as PR. It's not an isolated incident because i watched probably 10 different case/box breaks and i would say at least 20% of the cards aren't worth the postage it would take to ship them. Khris Davis base auto? 3rd year Matt Moore blue Ref? Wagner Mateo? Austin Meadows base RC? Harper 3rd year base chromes? I'll be completely honest, I was going to give this product a whirl...at least a box anyway until I watched the videos.

It's a really fine line on how to pack out boxes. If people would prefer better low end cards, that's fine, but then the # of big hits will need to decline. Based on comparable we still feel on a case by case average we are packing out more value. I will agree though some of the low end boxes have not been up to par.

This whole third party packing issue does not bode well with many folks. Offering to send them another card is nice but this is showing the people who might be interested to stay far away.

So do you suggest we pack them ourselves as some others are doing? I know that's not what your suggesting, please clarify?

Last edited:

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Well I'm not here to laud you Prospect Rush, like I said earlier I would like to see you succeed. I really didn't intend to jump on you but after watching multiple case breaks trying to decide if I wanted to try some of it I just was in awe at some of the junk I was seeing. If you have another release then maybe I will try a box then if the contents appear to be improved. Good luck.

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Well I'm not here to laud you Prospect Rush, like I said earlier I would like to see you succeed. I really didn't intend to jump on you but after watching multiple case breaks trying to decide if I wanted to try some of it I just was in awe at some of the junk I was seeing. If you have another release then maybe I will try a box then if the contents appear to be improved. Good luck.

No worries at all. Your opinion is noted, and on some of your points I absolutely agree. It will be my personal challenge over the next month's to find that "happy medium" and roll out a better second release.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
What or who is a third party packer? Do you not oversee them?

So do you suggest we pack them ourselves as some others are doing? I know that's not what your suggesting, please clarify?[/QUOTE]

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
What or who is a third party packer? Do you not oversee them?

So do you suggest we pack them ourselves as some others are doing? I know that's not what your suggesting, please clarify?

We have many companies here locally that offer such services. Any professional company that has no vested interest in the product or it's contents and works without bias. I gave them guidelines, but I was no where near the place while inserting of cards and box sealing was going on. In my mind that's how it needs to be.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Blaming a nameless third party is not going to get you a pass. I know you are trying to own it but the main question here is why did you think inserting 0.99 cards into a $200 a pack product was a good idea?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Blaming a nameless third party is not going to get you a pass. I know you are trying to own it but the main question here is why did you think inserting 0.99 cards into a $200 a pack product was a good idea?

Through his statements, you should have received two slabs.

So, 2 $.99 slabs is apparently acceptable.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I see the guy stepping-up & ofering to make good, why don't you lay off his ass? I'm not a an of whjat he's selling, but every person deserves respect as a businessman online just as he would in person.

Just sayin.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I would have loved for everything to go smooth, but that didn't happen. Rather than ignore the issue we are offering a fix for any and all clients that had this happen.

It's a really fine line on how to pack out boxes. If people would prefer better low end cards, that's fine, but then the # of big hits will need to decline. Based on comparable we still feel on a case by case average we are packing out more value. I will agree though some of the low end boxes have not been up to par.

It would seem to me that since this was your initial offering and the print run of cases is not very high, you certainly would have overseen the packing process yourself to insure a high quality product with little or no glitches. Blaming this .99 cent card issue on your packing company is, in my opinion a very crappy move. As I mentioned, your print run was very low....how long could it have taken the packing process to be completed? A few days at most? This SHOULD have been something you were activly involved in and even packing some of the product yourself for good publicity. Now you are faced with potential buyers being turned off due to a packing company "glitch" and not willing to give you another shot in the future.

Not the best of starts thats for sure!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
We have many companies here locally that offer such services. Any professional company that has no vested interest in the product or it's contents and works without bias. I gave them guidelines, but I was no where near the place while inserting of cards and box sealing was going on. In my mind that's how it needs to be.

You realize how little of a margin for error there is in this right?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We hired a third party to pack out the boxes. While we gave details on how we wanted them packed out, some boxes did get packed out in a fashion we were not happy with. In your above listings I would agree that 3 of the boxes need to have had another slabbed card inserted into them. I will make the same post here as I made on Blowout...

If you received a box with a single very low value slab please contact us. We will be happy to provide you with an additional Slab or Slabs to make up for the packing error.

[email protected]

We are working currently on a new format for series 2 so that this does not happen in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

No dog in this race....
Why not post this info on your Twitter page?
To the untrained eye... it looks like you will make good to the few "squeeky wheels" on message boards that could make or brake a product, but not to everyone who gets stuck with a "bad box" (hobby shop).

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
It would seem to me that since this was your initial offering and the print run of cases is not very high, you certainly would have overseen the packing process yourself to insure a high quality product with little or no glitches. Blaming this .99 cent card issue on your packing company is, in my opinion a very crappy move. As I mentioned, your print run was very low....how long could it have taken the packing process to be completed? A few days at most? This SHOULD have been something you were activly involved in and even packing some of the product yourself for good publicity. Now you are faced with potential buyers being turned off due to a packing company "glitch" and not willing to give you another shot in the future.

Not the best of starts thats for sure!
On the blowout forum, he posted that he had a spreadsheet indicating the contents of each box to avoid a scam from others who buy product. That in and if irself is troubling in regard to who grts what box.

That being said, he knew these horrible boxes existed and refrained from doing anything until there were squeaky wheels....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WildGinge

Jan 25, 2013
I'd like to hear your reasoning as to how this contributes to a proposed prospecting crash.

While I no means support this product, if anything, this increases the amount of cards on the market available for prospectors to buy, hoard, and then sell when the time is right. With 500 boxes -- 600-650 individual graded cards, I don't see this having much effect. As a Phillies phanspector, there's nothing I want that was in this product, so it doesn't have an effect on me whatsoever....

You sure do keep banging on about it considering it has no effect on you whatsoever. I hate these types of product too but I don't expect them to be giving away a superfractor in every box either.

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
It bothers me that he/they know the exact contents of each box. It would be pretty easy to "sell" box number 271 to someone you know like a friend or brother or silent partner knowing that box 271 has the superfractor or 2000 dollar red auto in it. Now I wish I could buy box 271.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
So some folks seem to be complaining that they used a 3rd party who doesn't know much about how these things are to be done. Some folks are complaining that they themselves did the packouts and knew exactly what would be in each one.

Doesn't seem to be a 'good' way to do repacks without erring on either the side of 3rd party screw up or the appearance of cronyism.

I don't care for products like this, and would (if I could) discourage folks from buying them (by that I just mean friends, not everyone). That said, I don't think there is a good way to do these, period, in a way that is 100% reliable from a quality standpoint and 100% fair seeming.

Out of curiosity, would folks pay $4.50 for a 1/100 shot for a share of Apple stock (~$430/share), but a 99/100 chance at a share of Suntech Power Holdings (~$1/share)?

I recognize that stocks have a fungible/non-collectible quality that cards do not. Just a question.

ronniedp23

Apr 13, 2011
The High Desert, California
It bothers me that he/they know the exact contents of each box. It would be pretty easy to "sell" box number 271 to someone you know like a friend or brother or silent partner knowing that box 271 has the superfractor or 2000 dollar red auto in it. Now I wish I could buy box 271.

Except box 271 doesn't have those cards in it. It has cards worth. .99 and 15 respectively. Box 328 has the $2000 red auto in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
On the blowout forum, he posted that he had a spreadsheet indicating the contents of each box to avoid a scam from others who buy product. That in and if irself is troubling in regard to who grts what box.

That being said, he knew these horrible boxes existed and refrained from doing anything until there were squeaky wheels....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Incorrect. I have a list of every card and the serial #'s. I have NO IDEA what box the cards are in. Which leads your second statement to also be incorrect.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Regarding a 3rd party packer:

The company should oversee the packing of each individual box to make sure the cards are being distributed correctly / fairly.

THEN a trustworthy non-biased 3rd party should randomly reorder the boxes, provide an additional seal, serial # each box, and return to the manufacturer.

All this can be done on video to verify no-shenanigans.

Members online

Latest posts