Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is SHAMEFUL and someone is getting SCREWED!!!! Peterson Style....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
I agree with the the OP. Nothing wrong with the listing but he was definitely trying to get someone who doesnt know any better to bite (which he did) thinking it was Vikings Peterson.

You know this how?

Where do they find you guys :rolleyes:

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
You're setting yourself up for a item not described and cost yourself at least shipping and a neg or neutral? Just sayin'....

How do you figure that? Throw out the potential "out" I stated the buyer had...the seller listed a card of "Adrian Peterson" with the correct year in his title, and the card does indeed show Adrian Peterson.

If the buyer files a NAD on the basis of "it's not the same Adrian Peterson I thought it was" he should lose the claim and be mocked unmercifully if he's been a long-time card collector.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
or paid attention to the item description where it lists the card as 2010, different from the auction title.

The nine year old would look at the picture and title and know. For craps n giggles, I'm going to show my 5 year old niece a picture of Adrian Peterson of the Vikings, then let her see the picture in the auction, and ask if they're the same guy. Pretty sure she would know. Forget a fifth grader, you may not be smarter than a fifth year old.

Yes, I do know it's "five year-old", so please withhold the smug comments some of you were about to say. :mrgreen:

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
You guys really must be secret scumbag pack searchers if you think this is ok. It's slimy and you all know it. The seller is capitalizing on the name ADRIAN PETERSON. So you can all reach in your common bins and list what you have of him now since it's ok. I guess I'm just an honest seller. That's all I'm saying. All the things you guys cry, piss and whine like old ladies on here I'm getting flamed over calling out a guy over this listing. Come on now.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
You guys really must be secret scumbag pack searchers if you think this is ok. It's slimy and you all know it. The seller is capitalizing on the name ADRIAN PETERSON. So you can all reach in your common bins and list what you have of him now since it's ok. I guess I'm just an honest seller. That's all I'm saying. All the things you guys cry, piss and whine like old ladies on here I'm getting flamed over calling out a guy over this listing. Come on now.

Now you're just being a XXXXtard trying to now call us scumbags. Do a search on completed auctions for this Adrian Peterson. His cards sell well quite often. In fact, this same card sold for almost $30 over a month ago.

This guy is 10x better than those guys who try to work the system to get better cards when they don't pull BGS 10s every time. Oh wait. That's you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I'll ask my question, yet again: for the calendar year of 2012, when would have been a good time to sell this particular Adrian Peterson card (or any 2002 Adrian Peterson), and when would listing it cross over into "scumbag" territory?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'll ask my question, yet again: for the calendar year of 2012, when would have been a good time to sell this particular Adrian Peterson card (or any 2002 Adrian Peterson), and when would listing it cross over into "scumbag" territory?

An honest seller would have burned all Bears Adrian Peterson cards or mailed them repeatedly to Topps until they got replacememts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
How does that not fall on the buyer for not using their two eyes (four if they wear glasses) and look at the auction to see that it's NOT the Adrian Peterson who is running all over the league? If they are either too dumb or too lazy to LOOK at the card pictured, and realize that it's not the Adrian Peterson who is still in the league, then that's their fault.

So what was the cut-off line for listing 2002 Adrian Petersons again?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I had the same problem back in 1994. My name (Eddie Pierson) is VERY similar to the WHITE HOT White Sox Prospect Eddie PEARSON.

One time I thought it would be fun to list some of my little league cards on ebay so that my relatives could purchase them and help fund my trip to space camp!

So I listed my little league sports card in a dutch auction (my mom paid for 24, but I only gave out 10 of them to my friends, so I had 14 to sell).

I sold 10 of them for $5 each. I was so excited because not only could I go to space camp, but I could also buy a new microscope.

So I received great feedback from all of my buyers. Some of my favorite comments were "Thanks for the great card sweetie. Have your dad call me (but don't tell your mom). Love ya. Aunt Mary" and "Awesome pose grandson. You have the same batting stance as your dad. Hopefully you will be more successful than him. Love Grandpa Jim"

The one feedback that concerned me was one I received from a seller that I didn't recognize. Turns out that he thought that he had purchased a card of the White Sox Phenom Eddie Pearson. (card pictured below. Took photo off of ebay, as all of my copies are in my safe deposit box for grandchildren's college fund).
pearson.jpg

I politely explained to him that I was only trying to make money for my Space camp trip and meant no malice in my listing.

He didn't believe me, as Eddie PEARSON had had an amazing game the night before. It was a personal best, going 1 for 3 with a single and 2 strikeouts.

I told him that I didn't understand how he could confuse me with the other player, then I realized that my card also listed that I played 1st base! AH HA!. It was all clear to me now.

I respectfully told him that I was not able to provide a refund cuz I had spent all the money on tootsie rolls and archie comics (I forgot that I hated science, so I wasted all the money). He left me a negative, which was crushing. I never sold anything on ebay again and have since denounced sports cards and all people related to them.

So I can TOTALLY UNDERSTAND your point of view on this situation.

jhand13

Oct 3, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with this listing. There is another adrian Peterson and that is his card. The seller did nothing wrong. The buy probably knows its a different player.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
I had the same problem back in 1994. My name (Eddie Pierson) is VERY similar to the WHITE HOT White Sox Prospect Eddie PEARSON.

One time I thought it would be fun to list some of my little league cards on ebay so that my relatives could purchase them and help fund my trip to space camp!

So I listed my little league sports card in a dutch auction (my mom paid for 24, but I only gave out 10 of them to my friends, so I had 14 to sell).

I sold 10 of them for $5 each. I was so excited because not only could I go to space camp, but I could also buy a new microscope.

So I received great feedback from all of my buyers. Some of my favorite comments were "Thanks for the great card sweetie. Have your dad call me (but don't tell your mom). Love ya. Aunt Mary" and "Awesome pose grandson. You have the same batting stance as your dad. Hopefully you will be more successful than him. Love Grandpa Jim"

The one feedback that concerned me was one I received from a seller that I didn't recognize. Turns out that he thought that he had purchased a card of the White Sox Phenom Eddie Pearson. (card pictured below. Took photo off of ebay, as all of my copies are in my safe deposit box for grandchildren's college fund).
pearson.jpg

I politely explained to him that I was only trying to make money for my Space camp trip and meant no malice in my listing.

He didn't believe me, as Eddie PEARSON had had an amazing game the night before. It was a personal best, going 1 for 3 with a single and 2 strikeouts.

I told him that I didn't understand how he could confuse me with the other player, then I realized that my card also listed that I played 1st base! AH HA!. It was all clear to me now.

I respectfully told him that I was not able to provide a refund cuz I had spent all the money on tootsie rolls and archie comics (I forgot that I hated science, so I wasted all the money). He left me a negative, which was crushing. I never sold anything on ebay again and have since denounced sports cards and all people related to them.

So I can TOTALLY UNDERSTAND your point of view on this situation.

And what happened next, did Eddie Pearson's mom email you and invite you over for dinner by mistake?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Yeah, she did. And she said bring some toys with me... and called me Frank, which is my dad's name. It was all really confusing.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008

So if you have the other AP, you should just sit on the card and never sell? This mix up has been going on since 2007. What about if you had Mike Williams (OT) when Mike Williams (WR) was a rookie and hot? Or Roy Williams (WR) and Roy Willaims (S)? Or Steve Smith (So Cal) when people want Steve Smith (Panthers)?

Also, not trolling, can you please post the Topps scans? I am curious to see why Topps would not accept them.

Members online

Latest posts