Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is SHAMEFUL and someone is getting SCREWED!!!! Peterson Style....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Guys, I have this card with Ryan Braun's picture but the other Ryan Bruan's autograph. Should I just burn it?

442iz.jpg

HOLY XXXX! There is NO XXXXING WAY to list this card without trying to scam someone! Ryan Braun the pitcher has a good game, then you are trying to scam off the picture. If Ryan Braun the doper has a good game, you are trying to scam with the autograph.

This is the sports card equivalent to a space-time continuum.

May God have mercy on our souls!

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Damn it, if I was smarter, this would have been my original reply.

WAIT! Ricky Williams! There were two Ricky Williams! Home run, Slette!

We forgot Reggie White (RB) and Reggie White (HOFer). Even card companies screwed up on that one

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
HOLY XXXX! There is NO XXXXING WAY to list this card without trying to scam someone! Ryan Braun the pitcher has a good game, then you are trying to scam off the picture. If Ryan Braun the doper has a good game, you are trying to scam with the autograph.

This is the sports card equivalent to a space-time continuum.

May God have mercy on our souls!

You found some funny pills! Please share them around!:razz:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It's about time we bring this football forum to life! You guys took the bait! The most action here in a LOOOOOOONG TIME! Woohooo!

Perhaps this thread did get a lot of attention, but it's actually people like you that are a large part of the reason why this football board is not near as alive as it used to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Perhaps this thread did get a lot of attention, but it's actually people like you that are a large part of the reason why this football board is not near as alive as it used to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Oh hell, he has a point and on top of it, he was fracking around. Look, the other day, I was at my moms. She is an avid Texans fan and has been keeping up with football. AP is from Texas. I have two of his autos at my moms home. Within her view. I was talking to her a few weeks ago about him possibly breaking Dickerson's record and she was pretty cool with the idea it was a Texas(via Palestine) guy doing so. But she had no idea what college he went to or who he plays for in the NFl. At all. And this is exactly why I don't really ask for cards for christmas other than sets or unopened packs. Face it, any outsider would be lost in this hobby or on ebay. In fact, somebody who didn't know jack might be thinking they were getting a better deal. Players get drafted by a team all the time and go on to other teams and make a name for themselves. This stuff happens. But like many have said, it's the buyer. And also on collectors to educate uneducated family members who might be buying gifts for them. This is why I ask for nothing too specific. But not everyone follows the rules.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Oh hell, he has a point and on top of it, he was fracking around. Look, the other day, I was at my moms. She is an avid Texans fan and has been keeping up with football. AP is from Texas. I have two of his autos at my moms home. Within her view. I was talking to her a few weeks ago about him possibly breaking Dickerson's record and she was pretty cool with the idea it was a Texas(via Palestine) guy doing so. But she had no idea what college he went to or who he plays for in the NFl. At all. And this is exactly why I don't really ask for cards for christmas other than sets or unopened packs. Face it, any outsider would be lost in this hobby or on ebay. In fact, somebody who didn't know jack might be thinking they were getting a better deal. Players get drafted by a team all the time and go on to other teams and make a name for themselves. This stuff happens. But like many have said, it's the buyer. And also on collectors to educate uneducated family members who might be buying gifts for them. This is why I ask for nothing too specific. But not everyone follows the rules.

Thank you. Now I am done with this thread I started. Look, I've been a member here for four years and I finally get flamed but hey, whatever. It happens to all of us at one point. On to the next thread that one of us idiots or morons starts....;)

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Thank you. Now I am done with this thread I started. Look, I've been a member here for four years and I finally get flamed but hey, whatever. It happens to all of us at one point. On to the next thread that one of us idiots or morons starts....;)

jerkit.gif
In your twisted head you actually believe that.

Fact

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
It's about time we bring this football forum to life! You guys took the bait! The most action here in a LOOOOOOONG TIME! Woohooo!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I don't think you are going to convince anyone with that. I would say "nice try" but it's more of a pathetic try.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
This is the dumbest XXXXing thread I've ever read in my entire XXXXing life.. And I've read some of my own stuff.. How can you all disagree with the OP? He is clearly on to something here. However I don't think this is the sellers fault.

Instead lets dig deeper.. Lets blame Adrian Petersons parents. They allowed him to be black like the other adrian peterson. Lets not let the manufacturer slide in this. The card should clearly have a disclaimer across the front stating the differences between the two individuals.

I can only hope to god that Titus young jrs autograph rookie isn't confused with his superstar fathers in 13 years. We need to stop this XXXX right now! I can't take any more grifts and hustles in this hobby!

Off topic

What's up XXXXers?

And what's going to happen when Barry Sanders Jr. hits the NFL!? And how many times does someone buy a Ken Griffey Sr. autograph thinking it's Ken Griffey Jr's?! I'm sure people do that all the time!

Das

Aug 7, 2008
For what it's worth: I just thought i'd chime in - Adrian Peterson from GSU is a pretty popular regional player. I see the occasional dealer at shows who will have his cards on his table with the good stuff, not in a common bin. The conference that GSU is in - doesn't exactly pop out NFL talent on a regular basis - so people get pretty passionate about the *good* alumni. Trust me, I'm an Alumni of one of those schools, it's usually hard to watch football.

Personally I don't see how it could be confused as a knowledgeable sports fan as the title clearly says 2002 finest, but after working with the public for awhile, I see how people might get confused. But anyone should do some research before buying something blindly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts