Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is SHAMEFUL and someone is getting SCREWED!!!! Peterson Style....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
and I checked in over here to find this?

I guess everyone should throw away all Adrian Peterson cards from 2002 because obviously, anyone selling them would be scum, right?

Check out this deal! A Kevin Johnson auto! TEAM USA basketball! Great for the Knicks!
2000 SP Authentic Kevin Johnson Auto on Card Jo | eBay

What? Not the same Kevin Johnson? But but but he is wearing orange! The knicks wear orange! WHAT A TOOL!

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
So if you have the other AP, you should just sit on the card and never sell? This mix up has been going on since 2007. What about if you had Mike Williams (OT) when Mike Williams (WR) was a rookie and hot? Or Roy Williams (WR) and Roy Willaims (S)? Or Steve Smith (So Cal) when people want Steve Smith (Panthers)?

Also, not trolling, can you please post the Topps scans? I am curious to see why Topps would not accept them.

Damn it, if I was smarter, this would have been my original reply.

WAIT! Ricky Williams! There were two Ricky Williams! Home run, Slette!

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
You guys really must be secret scumbag pack searchers if you think this is ok. It's slimy and you all know it. The seller is capitalizing on the name ADRIAN PETERSON. So you can all reach in your common bins and list what you have of him now since it's ok. I guess I'm just an honest seller. That's all I'm saying. All the things you guys cry, piss and whine like old ladies on here I'm getting flamed over calling out a guy over this listing. Come on now.

Just when I thought you could not get any more *********.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Can I sell my "Ryan Braun" cards?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
This thread is so full of fail. This might be the stupidest complaint I've ever heard.

I've never seen a member here be so wrong and not admit it.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Speaking of shameful sellers, look at this ****** bag. He is selling this card For $2.99 when he knows damn well that people are going to confuse him with the quarterback who is going to have a huge year next season when he becomes the starter somewhere else. This is bull XXXX!!! How can eBay allow this?!?!? Someone is going to get screwed on this and it needs to stop immediately!!!

2005 Topps Heritage RC Auto Alex Smith Card ROA ASM | eBay

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Bottom line it SHOULD SAY..(I have to type in caps for the genius' on here) Adrian Peterson Bears Georgia Southern as the title in the listing. And by the way, try going on Google. I stopped after the first five pages of typing in Adrian Peterson and the Vikings Peterson shows up. Another thing is this, suppose one of your wives or girlfriend decides on their ebay account to get you a gift and get a Peterson autograph and ended up with the Bears one for $45? WHAT would you guys do? But lets face it, really, 1/2 of you people never had a girl so maybe this doesn't apply to you and you have to jump all over this thread without thinking it through. Let's just say your grandmom or mommy bought it as a gift...would you be disappointed?

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Bottom line it SHOULD SAY..(I have to type in caps for the genius' on here) Adrian Peterson Bears Georgia Southern as the title in the listing. And by the way, try going on Google. I stopped after the first five pages of typing in Adrian Peterson and the Vikings Peterson shows up. Another thing is this, suppose one of your wives or girlfriend decides on their ebay account to get you a gift and get a Peterson autograph and ended up with the Bears one for $45? WHAT would you guys do? But lets face it, really, 1/2 of you people never had a girl so maybe this doesn't apply to you and you have to jump all over this thread without thinking it through. Let's just say your grandmom or mommy bought it as a gift...would you be disappointed?

I'd be disappointed IN MY WIFE for not doing her research and acting like a ****** who should know better, because she's not stupid or impulsive.

That said, who the XXXX are you to decide what an auction title "SHOULD SAY"?

And just curious, but if I took a look at your auction titles, would I find any that keyword spam inappropriately or stretch the definitions of "rare" or "SP", or the like?

Just askin'......

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Speaking of shameful sellers, look at this ****** bag. He is selling this card For $2.99 when he knows damn well that people are going to confuse him with the quarterback who is going to have a huge year next season when he becomes the starter somewhere else. This is bull XXXX!!! How can eBay allow this?!?!? Someone is going to get screwed on this and it needs to stop immediately!!!

2005 Topps Heritage RC Auto Alex Smith Card ROA ASM | eBay

I think I'll email the seller and see if he wants to buy my Ryan Braun cards...it's a surefire moneymaker for both of us, no doubt...

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Well, my wife is also a Vikings fan, so I can say with certainty she would have the common sense and above-average eyesight to realize that wasn't a Viking card.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
I'd be disappointed IN MY WIFE for not doing her research and acting like a ****** who should know better, because she's not stupid or impulsive.

That said, who the XXXX are you to decide what an auction title "SHOULD SAY"?

And just curious, but if I took a look at your auction titles, would I find any that keyword spam inappropriately or stretch the definitions of "rare" or "SP", or the like?

Just askin'......

The point of this post is why it DOESN'T say it. I have no misleading auctions and if a card is a SP, then it is a SP and that's what I type in the title. All of this over what I thought was misleading. Aren't I entitled to MY OWN opinion on FREEDOMCARDBOARD.com? THAT is why I am who the heck I am to decide what an auction "should say"....

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
but see, the problem is that you come on here and say that if we don't agree with your opinion, then we are scammers and can't get a girl. Nice stereotype.

The thing is that he just posted a card with what could be construed as a high price and someone purchased it. Do we know that the buyer thought it was Adrian "All Day" Peterson? NO!

Like it has already been presented, how do we know that the person didn't want this card for this price?

Open your eyes and stop with the conspiracy theory bullXXXX.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State

What would I do? Thank her for the amazing gift, kiss her, and have a little me and her time...basically, the same way I would act if she got the correct card.

Of course, based on what you wrote, I am unsure if you have a wife or significant other because if you did and acted like the little petulant child that you portrayed in your post, I doubt that significant other would stay with you.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
The point of this post is why it DOESN'T say it. I have no misleading auctions and if a card is a SP, then it is a SP and that's what I type in the title. All of this over what I thought was misleading. Aren't I entitled to MY OWN opinion on FREEDOMCARDBOARD.com? THAT is why I am who the heck I am to decide what an auction "should say"....

Perhaps you should read this, sport...it's entirely apropos at the moment.

eBay Guides - Collectibles The 'REAL' definition of RARE

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
By the way, Mr. Honesty & Integrity, is it any more dishonest and lacking in integrity for you to be taking advantage of Ed Rendell's misguided legalization of ticket scalping as it is for the seller who sold the "other Peterson" card to do what he did?

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
What would I do? Thank her for the amazing gift, kiss her, and have a little me and her time...basically, the same way I would act if she got the correct card.

Of course, based on what you wrote, I am unsure if you have a wife or significant other because if you did and acted like the little petulant child that you portrayed in your post, I doubt that significant other would stay with you.

I simply asked how would you react? Note where I acted like the little petulant child that I portrayed? Nothing but the truth here bro. It's how I feel, although most don't agree, well then so be it. One day something like this may affect you as a buyer or seller.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
By the way, Mr. Honesty & Integrity, is it any more dishonest and lacking in integrity for you to be taking advantage of Ed Rendell's misguided legalization of ticket scalping as it is for the seller who sold the "other Peterson" card to do what he did?
Nope. That's why it has a BIN/BO option. AND the seats are what they are nothing misleading...dead center row 4. Go to stubhub and they are more so I offer a break on ebay. Do you go by book value or SV? That's what the sell for and I was lucky to get 4. You are reaching.....

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
One day something like this may affect you as a buyer or seller.

I am going to bid on your Andre Johnson Topps Prime card /75. I am assuming this is the Andre Johnson who is Magic Johnson's son, because the auction doesn't state otherwise.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
I simply asked how would you react? Note where I acted like the little petulant child that I portrayed? Nothing but the truth here bro. It's how I feel, although most don't agree, well then so be it. One day something like this may affect you as a buyer or seller.

No, you asked how would you react and then put a personal jab out there to the people who have indulged you.

I responded with my reaction and a jab back. See how that works?

And no, this will not affect me as a buyer or as a seller. As a seller, I label everything as correctly as possible making it really hard for someone to screw up. As a buyer, if I mis-read an auction, which has happened, I e-mail the seller before he ships to work it out. If I paid and the seller shipped, then I eat that cost and chalk it up to my own carelessness.

Members online

Latest posts