Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Value Boxes keep on giving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
morgoth said:
ChasHawk said:
morgoth said:
Topps is probably using this thread and ones on BO to show its retail partners how much value they have put into their retail products and how much excitment they are generating for the retailers.

Threads dedicated to how awesome retail boxes are and what amazing hits they get and how people are combing the hills trying to find more is a Topps wet dream.

I am sure Wal Mart is going to keep squeezing Topps to add more and more value to retail so people get ready I am sure it won't stop soon.
The only thing I don't get is, why are these selling at Walmart for $10.98?
NOTHING else in the card section of my Walmart has these 25% off stickers on them, and these would sell as well at $14.98

By the way, Walmart has nothing to do with topps whatsoever. These are all stocked/controlled/sold through distribution companies.

Walmart rents shelf space, that's it.
You obviously no nothing on how retail stores operate. I spent my entire life developing products for stores such as Wal Mart. I have been to their headquarters many times getting products approved to be placed on their shelfs. They are all about value addition and how to distinguish themselves from their competition.

Why do you think there are exclusives for Target and Walmart made by Topps, especially if Walmart had nothing to do with it.

You don't know what your talking about here.
Sorry, wrong. Thank you for playing though.

These products are purchased from topps and stocked in stores by companies such as Beckett Associates.

http://www.beckettassociates.com/

Walmart, and their employess, have nothing to do with these products.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
ChasHawk said:
morgoth said:
ChasHawk said:
morgoth said:
Topps is probably using this thread and ones on BO to show its retail partners how much value they have put into their retail products and how much excitment they are generating for the retailers.

Threads dedicated to how awesome retail boxes are and what amazing hits they get and how people are combing the hills trying to find more is a Topps wet dream.

I am sure Wal Mart is going to keep squeezing Topps to add more and more value to retail so people get ready I am sure it won't stop soon.
The only thing I don't get is, why are these selling at Walmart for $10.98?
NOTHING else in the card section of my Walmart has these 25% off stickers on them, and these would sell as well at $14.98

By the way, Walmrt has nothing to do with topps whatsoever. These are all stocked/controlled/sold through distribution companies.

Walmart rents shelf space, that's it.
You obviously no nothing on how retail stores operate. I spent my entire life developing products for stores such as Wal Mart. I have been to their headquarters many times getting products approved to be placed on their shelfs. They are all about value addition and how to distinguish themselves from their competition.

Why do you think there are exclusives for Target and Walmart made by Topps, especially if Walmart had nothing to do with it.

You don't know what your talking about here.
Sorry, wrong. Thank you for playing though.

You provide no reason why I am wrong other than whats in your head? You are coming off a moron here.

Have you sold a single product to Wal Mart? Yes or No?
Have you been to their purchasing headquarters and met with their buyers? Yes or No

Fact: most products are sold through distributers in stores but Wal Mart still has contact with manufacturers, especially if they are selling well. We sold through distributers before and we were audited by Wal Mart just like a regular supplier.

Fact: Wal Mart spends more time and money analyzing every single SKU in their store and its performance than any store in the world. They know excactly what they are buying and selling even if it is from a distributer.

Price point and content are two things Wal Mart has a hand in, with everything in their stores. They try and control both with an iron fist. If you think Topps isn't catering to them then you are a moron.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Way to leave off the rest of my post to try and move your agenda...

These products are purchased from topps and stocked in stores by companies such as Beckett Associates.

http://www.beckettassociates.com/

Walmart, and their employess, have nothing to do with these products.

Walmart rents shelf space to Beckett Associates...end of story.

I don't care what Walmart does with their other product lines.

The tints and store variations were created by TOPPS to sell more product.

Walmart couldn't give a rat's hairy balls what Beckett sells there as long as their check clears.

Walmart's associates know NOTHING about that area or what those products/prices are.

Know who else knows nothing about the products? The Beckett Associates employee who stocks them... :lol:

The person who stocks my area is a middle aged woman who doesn't even accidentally own a sports card.

Walmart, Kmart, TRU, and Meijer are stocked by Beckett Associates, or another distributor depending on what part of the country you are in.

What was that you said about coming off a moron?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Fact, you a both correct. But Charlie, by the business model WM is VERY interested in what products are stocked in the space rented......it deems the rental price.....more product moved equals a higher rent check.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George_Calfas said:
Fact, you a both correct. But Charlie, by the business model WM is VERY interested in what products are stocked in the space rented......it deems the rental price.....more product moved equals a higher rent check.
Right, how much they sell, but not what... ;)

Walmart is interested in dollar dollar bills G... :lol:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
ChasHawk said:
George_Calfas said:

You really need to take some course in economic or business, you facts are a little thin.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George_Calfas said:
ChasHawk said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1kasgxxf]Fact, you a both correct. But Charlie, by the business model WM is VERY interested in what products are stocked in the space rented......it deems the rental price.....more product moved equals a higher rent check.

You really need to take some course in economic or business, you facts are a little thin.[/quote:1kasgxxf]
Thanks for calling me uneducated G... :lol: :lol:

But seriously.

Can you sit there with a straight face and tell me that Walmart cares what kinds of baseball cards people are getting from the topps packs/boxes they buy?

Walmart corporate cares if there are blue-tinted variations in 2011 Heritage, or blue-diamond variations in 2011 topps base?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
ChasHawk said:
George_Calfas said:
ChasHawk said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1r7ps6tg]Fact, you a both correct. But Charlie, by the business model WM is VERY interested in what products are stocked in the space rented......it deems the rental price.....more product moved equals a higher rent check.

You really need to take some course in economic or business, you facts are a little thin.
Thanks for calling me uneducated G... :lol: :lol:

But seriously.

Can you sit there with a straight face and tell me that Walmart cares what kinds of baseball cards people are getting from the topps packs/boxes they buy?

Walmart corporate cares if there are blue-tinted variations in 2011 Heritage, or blue-diamond variations in 2011 topps base?[/quote:1r7ps6tg]

They care if people buy them.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
TBTwinsFan said:
I can get 5-6 of these boxes if anyone is interested in them.

I can't get them until this Saturday though.
They maybe gone by then kid :lol:

And Russ go buy some of the value box and give Wal-Mart you all mighty dollar. :D

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
Just got around to scanning the rest of the gu and aus from the value boxes i have opened

these came from Massachusetts / new Hampshire out of a total of 12 boxes (luis blue is gone)

From bowman

Scan0006.jpg

Scan0001.jpg

From update

Scan0004.jpg

Members online

Latest posts