Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Darryl Kile tribute drawing thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I am drawing Darryl Kile for my High School art class and wanted to make a thread to show the progress of it as I go along. I only work on it about an hour a day and want it to look correct so I do not know how long it will take to complete. Please leave comments positive or negitive if you feel like it. Hope you guys enjoy it!
Picture I am working from
25853_10150111658500082_726065081_11378661_8206765_n.jpg

After some research and thinking I am pretty sure it is from June 20th 2002, just 2 days before he passed.
Day 1
IMAG0167.jpg

Day 2
IMAG0169.jpg

Obviously this is just the begining and I will fix details as I go but want to show how much work it goes into this stuff lol.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
zep33 said:
Looking forward to your progress. So far so good :)

Good luck with the project
Thank you. So far one thing I notice is I need to fix the angle of his mouth a little and clean up some lines!
I really hope this turns out good.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I remember the day he passed away. The Cards were playing the Cubs at Wrigley Field and they announced it before the game (that was postponed/cancelled)

Can't wait to see your progress on this!

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
If you're allowed to have some artistic license you could leave out the player in the background, the New Era logo, and do whatever you want with the fans. You could also take a look at the hats he wore during his career and use whichever logo you like the best for your drawing. There's a lot of things you can change to make them exactly as you want, but that depends on the assignment.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
mrwhitesox30 said:
If you're allowed to have some artistic license you could leave out the player in the background, the New Era logo, and do whatever you want with the fans. You could also take a look at the hats he wore during his career and use whichever logo you like the best for your drawing. There's a lot of things you can change to make them exactly as you want, but that depends on the assignment.
I think for the hat I need to leave it as the Cardinals since the hat/patch tell the story.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Well here is my 2 newest pictures of my project. My art teacher LOVES to change stuff on my drawings all the time ( the nose 4th day). I am probably going to start with the Conte stuff tomorrow and I have barely worked with it. It is like chalk but it is harder to work with. I am nervous that it is going to not look right. I have put my foot down about stuff she wanted to change 2 times already, she wanted me to leave off the STL logo on the cap and also the JFB patch, I told her if she made me take those 2 things of I would rip the project in half and take a 0.
DAY 3
IMAG0181.jpg

Day 4
IMAG0183.jpg

ITS NOT LOOKING TOO GOOD GUYS

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I think it is coming along nicely.

The nose is off. I think it needs to point up a bit more. But really, it is coming together well!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Great job so far. One bit of advice that you may take or throw in the trash, however you see fit....

Try to focus only on one square at a time. You could also take a plain piece of paper and cut a square out of its middle the same size as your grid (2" x 2" ????). That will allow you to only focus on the details of one square at a time. Then simply move that piece of paper along to other grid spaces.

It's not a sprint, take your time and you will enjoy it.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
this reminds me of my oldest daughters drawing.. She graphs out portraits the same way and usually amazes me with the finished products. She is a sophomore in HS and has already won some awards for her creativity and skills. Keep up the good work!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
this reminds me of my oldest daughters drawing.. She graphs out portraits the same way and usually amazes me with the finished products. She is a sophomore in HS and has already won some awards for her creativity and skills. Keep up the good work!
I'm a junior in HS and this is possibly my best work in my 3 years.

Members online

Latest posts