Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Trying" to buy on Blowout forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Never really went to the site before but figured I would give it a shot to see if I could buy some singles. Every single person who PM'ed me wanted double ebay prices. Even on sub par prospects. Is this pretty common with this board?

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
It is pretty common from message boards in general

Ive actually had pretty reasonable deals on the 3 forums I usually stick with. Most of my deals have come on this forum and most of the time people are spot on with prices.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Blowout?

pauly-d.jpg

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I just had someone ask me if I had any Dillon Maples autos over there. Haven't dealt with anyone on BO, but I'm not sure I'm dying to either.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I picked a hell of a week to comeback.

** let back...

Sent from Felix Baumgartner delayed Stratosphere phone.

Last edited:

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I buy on blowout more than any other forum. Maybe I just get lucky, and the d bags pass by my threads. The quick sales over there are usually pretty good.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I buy on blowout more than any other forum. Maybe I just get lucky, and the d bags pass by my threads. The quick sales over there are usually pretty good.

This. People tend to post threads with quicksale in the title and many of them are offering cards at an average of probably 50% ebay prices at times. But not all of them are that great of prices either

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I was able to get a few good buys over there. A few other folks wish I would go 'good bye' forever, since I'm a dick.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
FCB
Sleepy_Hollow__Graveyard_by_kidy_kat.jpg

I'd guess that there are 500x as many transactions on BO than FCB. Those of you flaming are just trying to appear cool to the herd with no actual experiences because it's super easy to buy/sell.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
The only thing I've ever tried to purchase on blowout was a raw Orange Refractor. He wanted $40. I had picked up a BGS 9.5 Red Refractor of the same card for $22 earlier that day. To top it off, the Super only set me back $38.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Definitely have made more successful transactions on other forums.

Just be a decent person and realize that people are in XXXXing LOVE with their cardboard.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
The only thing I've ever tried to purchase on blowout was a raw Orange Refractor. He wanted $40. I had picked up a BGS 9.5 Red Refractor of the same card for $22 earlier that day. To top it off, the Super only set me back $38.

looks like you got hella deals on some scrubs. also, looks like you're quite the prolific transactor: A strong 5 FB over 3.5 years and 8000 posts across 2 forums.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
FCB
Sleepy_Hollow__Graveyard_by_kidy_kat.jpg

I'd guess that there are 500x as many transactions on BO than FCB. Those of you flaming are just trying to appear cool to the herd with no actual experiences because it's super easy to buy/sell.

I've tried buying from you on Blowout. You named a price, I agreed, then you ignored my messages because you realized you priced your cards too low. If you're not going to follow through with your word, at least have the decency to acknowledge your mistake.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I've tried buying from you on Blowout. You named a price, I agreed, then you ignored my messages because you realized you priced your cards too low. If you're not going to follow through with your word, at least have the decency to acknowledge your mistake.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I make deals both here and there. Both of which I can never make a sale unless I'm way below ebay prices.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011

If I didn't reply, then it was likely already sold. I apologize for not responding but I don't recall your name. I also understand your point but I don't deal like that. I sell plenty underpriced for a variety of reasons.
People here can think what they want. idgaf & it doesn't affect my bottom line since there's no $ here.

Members online

Latest posts