Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you think fees will hurt collector revolution badly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
As of March 1st I belive, credits are needed in order to sale. Unless you have a certain amount of items in your inventory then you get refunded. However, do you think we will see a big drop off in items listed

Thanks
Logan

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
i hope not

there are ways to obtain free credits

being an FCB member is one of them

Oh really, I didn't know that. Correct me if I am wrong, but arent they trying to do some auction styles too...

Logan

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
arod305 said:
cgilmo said:
i hope not

there are ways to obtain free credits

being an FCB member is one of them

Oh really, I didn't know that. Correct me if I am wrong, but arent they trying to do some auction styles too...

Logan

Yes I believe an auction style format is coming soon. I can't wait for it!

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
arod305 said:
cgilmo said:

Logan

Yeah, and it'll be a bit different from eBay. A limited number of auctions per week to give every card exposure and no junky $5BV cards (see previous; only the good stuff) are two possibilities.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Not only will be be adding auctions in, we'll also be adding another option for sellers who do not want to pay up front for their listings. We'll be announcing this soon. As was stated above, if you are an FCB member and have 50 items in your account, you got 100 free credits. If you missed that promotion, PM me and we'll get you some free credits. What is interesting is that even though the credit system went live today, we've had several hundred new items listed in the past few hours.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
arod305 said:
As of March 1st I belive, credits are needed in order to sale. Unless you have a certain amount of items in your inventory then you get refunded. However, do you think we will see a big drop off in items listed

Thanks
Logan

yes

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
A reminder to some of those who are asking: items that are listed with a starting price of under $5 are always free and do not require any listing credits.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
Johan Santana #57 said:
JVC said:
Not only will be be adding auctions in, we'll also be adding another option for sellers who do not want to pay up front for their listings. We'll be announcing this soon.

that sounds real good!!

Wow, this site keeps getting better and better. I have made some incredible sales on collectorrevolution and it has saved me so much money. I love this site.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Any idea about what fees will be associated with listing the auctions? Im hoping I can list a bunch of my low end stuff and save the ebay fees

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
caseumsd6 said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
JVC said:
Not only will be be adding auctions in, we'll also be adding another option for sellers who do not want to pay up front for their listings. We'll be announcing this soon.

that sounds real good!!

Wow, this site keeps getting better and better. I have made some incredible sales on collectorrevolution and it has saved me so much money. I love this site.

That's something that we're working on as well. You'll start seeing some of those top sales on a featured sales page. Great job on that Heyward red sale. I never thought you'd be able to get that much for it.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
mredsox89 said:
Any idea about what fees will be associated with listing the auctions? Im hoping I can list a bunch of my low end stuff and save the ebay fees

Lower end stuff (under $5) is free. If your listing price is between $5-9.99, the fee is 25 cents (1 credit). PM me for details on getting free credits.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
JVC said:
caseumsd6 said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
JVC said:

that sounds real good!!

That's something that we're working on as well. You'll start seeing some of those top sales on a featured sales page. Great job on that Heyward red sale. I never thought you'd be able to get that much for it.

Thanks Jeff, I couldn't believe it either. If I would have sold it on ebay, I would have lost over 200 in final value fees. Thanks for making this site and putting more money back into the collector's pocket.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
arod305 said:

I don't think you can go much lower than they have. I put in "2009 set" and "2008 set" search terms and only got 4 hits. The site really stinks!

guess I will never be buying much there when there is no choice or listings for sets that I want to purchase already hand-collated.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
rsmath said:
arod305 said:

I don't think you can go much lower than they have. I put in "2009 set" and "2008 set" search terms and only got 4 hits. The site really stinks!

guess I will never be buying much there when there is no choice or listings for sets that I want to purchase already hand-collated.
That's a pretty harsh statement. The site is quite new and the number of listings is on the rise. The lower fees and ease of use are very attractive features, and this should help the site continue to grow.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Topnotchsy said:
rsmath said:
arod305 said:

That's a pretty harsh statement. The site is quite new and the number of listings is on the rise. The lower fees and ease of use are very attractive features, and this should help the site continue to grow.

Their site from a programming and design standpoint is actually pretty impressive.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I've only made two small purchases on there, but they were very easy transactions. I really like the site and I just wish there were more cards listed.

Members online

Latest posts