Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stephen Drew to the Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Calm down.. It's an insurance policy to ensure the Yankees at least have an MLBer at 2nd if all else fails.

His salary will make up 2% of the teams total, nothing that would prevent Refs or Pirela from taking over with better performance.

No guarantee with prospects. A team would be dumb to hand any prospect (A non-elite one at that) a starting position without ever spending a day in the majors.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Drew is steady. Not a bad move to give the youngsters a bit of time or a solid backup on D. His hitting is painful to watch at this stage in his career, but he has can pop the ball around a few times a month. Seems like a good teammate too.

Is Flores any good? I hit this recently. #'d /150

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm getting the tar, who's getting the feathers?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Didi at short and Drew at 2B? Turning into D-backs-lite in New York. Yankees keep the value up though!

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
No hes not good lol.

Flores isn't going to be the next God, but he's not that bad of a player. Injuries have plagued him recently, but he will be in the majors this season if he can rebound in Scranton. Think Zoilo Almonte when thinking of Flores. Not ridiculously good, but not bad either.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Flores isn't going to be the next God, but he's not that bad of a player. Injuries have plagued him recently, but he will be in the majors this season if he can rebound in Scranton. Think Zoilo Almonte when thinking of Flores. Not ridiculously good, but not bad either.
Flores has the ceiling of a utility guy. Never going to amount to much. Almonte was not good so why would flores be if hes similar?
Why do people keep paying this guy? He is downright TERRIBLE
Because he has very good defense and his swing plays to the stadium very well. Not saying I agree but 5 million for a guy with GG defense and could hopefully bat 230-240 15 hrs 50 rbis.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Why do people keep paying this guy? He is downright TERRIBLE

This signing is laughable. What a terrible waste of funds by the Yankees, reported 6M-7M for 2015. If they wanted flexibility, they should have gone after Zobrist.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Don't see why there is so much angst. If Refsnyder is so great, and Drew so terrible, Drew either won't play that much this year or Ref isn't that good.

Also, I wouldn't want to bet the farm that Gregorious can handle playing in NYC or hit well enough to maintain a starting role at SS. Drew isn't necessarily better, but two shaky options is better than one.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
This signing is laughable. What a terrible waste of funds by the Yankees, reported 6M-7M for 2015. If they wanted flexibility, they should have gone after Zobrist.
Its 5 million. Only gets the incentives if reaches 450+ ab's. Only way he gets there is if hes doing at least okay. Kendrys Morales got 9 million a year, Drew is easily worth that IMO. I hate the deal, but its definitely not a terrible waste (5 million dollars :rolleyes: )
Don't see why there is so much angst. If Refsnyder is so great, and Drew so terrible, Drew either won't play that much this year or Ref isn't that good.

Also, I wouldn't want to bet the farm that Gregorious can handle playing in NYC or hit well enough to maintain a starting role at SS. Drew isn't necessarily better, but two shaky options is better than one.
But the problem with the Yankees is they likely won't even let Refs play. They likely will open the season with Drew at 2B and not even give Refs a look. Terribly disappointing.

You don't think Gregorious can play better than Jeter the past 2-3 years? Thats laughable. All he needs to do is bat 240-250 in the 9th spot with some speed and gold glove defense (which he has) and he is moons better than Jeter.
I think the Yanks are just showing a mild case of PJSD: Post-Jeter Stress Disorder.
Considering they improved over the team from last year, I'd say they are doing fine.

Members online

Latest posts