Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I recently won a PC card and paid 3.00 shipping. I receive the card in a penny sleeve in an envelope that was mailed with a 44 cent stamp. What should I do? It doesn't appear that the card has been damaged (very lucky) but $3 shipping for that is kind of crazy. Should I leave positive feedback and then 1 star on the cost of shipping?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If the card is fine, then you shouldn't neg imo. Some sellers just charge a higher shipping so that they get a little more without paying the fees to ebay.

They assume the risk when sending like that.

Of course, low stars on the cost of shipping is deserved.

Wes

OG
Administrator
kdailey4315 said:
I recently won a PC card and paid 3.00 shipping. I receive the card in a penny sleeve in an envelope that was mailed with a 44 cent stamp. What should I do? It doesn't appear that the card has been damaged (very lucky) but $3 shipping for that is kind of crazy. Should I leave positive feedback and then 1 star on the cost of shipping?

You agreed to the shipping cost and got the card in the condition you desired. Anything less than five stars and positive feedback is uncalled for IMO. The seller took the risk that the card would get to you in good shape and won.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
LLWesMan said:
kdailey4315 said:

You agreed to the shipping cost and got the card in the condition you desired. Anything less than five stars and positive feedback is uncalled for IMO. The seller took the risk that the card would get to you in good shape and won.

If that happened to you would you honestly give the seller 5 stars on cost of shipping? It might just be me but for $3 I expect a bubble mailer.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I would leave positive with a note saying that they ship in pwe's. I would also gve 1 star for shipping.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
kdailey4315 said:

::facepalm::

DIRECTLY FROM EBAY!

When rating a seller, please keep the following in mind:

Review the item description before evaluating the seller on item as described.

Consider only business days when evaluating communication. Sellers don’t always check email on weekends and holidays.

Sellers are not responsible for delays in mail services, and should only be rated on aspects of shipping they can control, including handling time. Some sellers specify their handling time in the item description. Also, many sellers wait for the buyer’s payment to clear before shipping an item. For international transactions, please allow extra time for shipping.

Shipping and handling charges may include charges beyond the actual shipping price for the item. Sellers may charge actual packaging materials costs and a reasonable handling fee to cover the seller’s time and direct costs associated with shipping. For international transactions, buyers may also be responsible for duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees as requested by country laws.

===============================================

Please account for the $3 shipping

PWE = $.01
Penny Sleeve = $.01
Stamp = $.44

Best I can see that is $.46

If someone can legitimately come up with another $2.54 in "handling" costs, I will be amazed.
And please dont come in here with "they had to buy gas". *********! There are dozens of mailboxes on your way to anywhere, so it is not like they went out of their way to mail this.

I say leave a positive, note that they ship in PWE's for $3, and leave what you feel is the correct star rating for "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?"
If it was me, 2-3 stars at best.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Musial Collector said:
LLWesMan said:
kdailey4315 said:

DIRECTLY FROM EBAY!

Consider only business days when evaluating communication. Sellers don’t always check email on weekends and holidays.

Sellers are not responsible for delays in mail services, and should only be rated on aspects of shipping they can control, including handling time. Some sellers specify their handling time in the item description. Also, many sellers wait for the buyer’s payment to clear before shipping an item. For international transactions, please allow extra time for shipping.

Shipping and handling charges may include charges beyond the actual shipping price for the item. Sellers may charge actual packaging materials costs and a reasonable handling fee to cover the seller’s time and direct costs associated with shipping. For international transactions, buyers may also be responsible for duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees as requested by country laws.

PWE = $.01
Penny Sleeve = $.01
Stamp = $.44

If someone can legitimately come up with another $2.54 in "handling" costs, I will be amazed.
And please dont come in here with "they had to buy gas". Bull shat! There are dozens of mailboxes on your way to anywhere, so it is not like they went out of their way to mail this.

I say leave a positive, note that they ship in PWE's for $3, and leave what you feel is the correct star rating for "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?"

You really want to quote a company who lists a 4 star rating as "good" and yet it blocks sellers who have ratings of 4!? $3 is HARDLY outrageous. If the seller used a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation then would you leave five stars? Damn right. The seller took the risk of using an inferior shipping service to save a couple bucks. It worked out for him. Regardless, you got the card for the price you agreed to pay.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
Musial Collector said:
LLWesMan said:
kdailey4315 said:

DIRECTLY FROM EBAY!

PWE = $.01
Penny Sleeve = $.01
Stamp = $.44

And please dont come in here with "they had to buy gas". Bull shat! There are dozens of mailboxes on your way to anywhere, so it is not like they went out of their way to mail this.

You really want to quote a company who lists a 4 star rating as "good" and yet it blocks sellers who have ratings of 4!? $3 is HARDLY outrageous. If the seller used a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation then would you leave five stars? Damn right. The seller took the risk of using an inferior shipping service to save a couple bucks. It worked out for him. Regardless, you got the card for the price you agreed to pay.

I may have gotten the card in perfect, pristine, wonderful, great ******* shape, I am not rating them on that.
I am rating them on "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?"

And you are correct, I would leave five stars for a bubble mailer and DC, you know why, because 1) there charges for "shipping and handling" were reasonable compared to the service I received. With a PWE, they are NO WHERE close!

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
LLWesMan said:

It's essentially up to the buyer to leave as many or as few stars as he sees fit. You could get the best service ever and still leave one star. There are no real guidelines as to how many stars you should leave for what kind of service, so everybody can set their own standards.

And honestly, if it's a big seller one rating isn't really going to matter all that much. If everybody who gets something from this seller has a problem with it, then it will be reflected in his score and he can adjust accordingly.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I got a card shipped to me the other day in a bubble mailer.. but that was it.. no soft sleeve, no top loader.. just the card put in a bubble mailer..

Here is what I left for feedback.. Every thing was better than expected.. So I left a positive.. His fees weren't that much, so I felt it was justified..

I recommend using a top loader for more protection, card was fine, Thanks!!

Wes

OG
Administrator
Musial Collector said:
LLWesMan said:
[quote="Musial Collector":1947wvdv]
LLWesMan said:
kdailey4315 said:

DIRECTLY FROM EBAY!

PWE = $.01
Penny Sleeve = $.01
Stamp = $.44

I may have gotten the card in perfect, pristine, wonderful, great fracking shape, I am not rating them on that.

And you are correct, I would leave five stars for a bubble mailer and DC, you know why, because 1) there charges for "shipping and handling" were reasonable compared to the service I received. With a PWE, they are NO WHERE close![/quote:1947wvdv]

So if $3 is reasonable for you to get the card in perfect shape in a bubble mailer, why isn't $3 reasonable for you to get the card in perfect shape in a plain white envelope? The result is the same, you're basically just bellyaching because the seller saved some cash.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Every single time a question like this comes up people qoute ebay policy. WTF, learn to read. If I choose to charge 20.00 for shipping I can per ebay policy. No portion of the policy statement says a seller can only charge what they PAID for shipping and materials. If I choose to charge 20.00 per bubble mailer I can because that is what I charge and per ebay policy I am in my right.

Leave positive feedback and put something to the effect of "Item received in good condition in PWE!!! 5 star seller."

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
The bottom line here is that ebay is asking you to rate how REASONABLE the shipping charges are.

Just because I agree to abide by something, doesn't mean I find it reasonable. I don't think it's reasonable that my income taxes are as high as they are, but I still agree to pay them. Does that mean I can't complain about my taxes being too high?
I think it's unreasonable that I have to drive 25 MPH on some streets, but I don't drive 50 down them.

If agreeing to pay the shipping charge means you have to give them 5 stars, then there's simply no point in having that rating.
A user is asked to evaluate the shipping service received at the price paid.
I would rate this seller a 3.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
Musial Collector said:
LLWesMan said:
[quote="Musial Collector":8zlhj28n]
LLWesMan said:
kdailey4315 said:

DIRECTLY FROM EBAY!

PWE = $.01
Penny Sleeve = $.01
Stamp = $.44

I may have gotten the card in perfect, pristine, wonderful, great fracking shape, I am not rating them on that.

And you are correct, I would leave five stars for a bubble mailer and DC, you know why, because 1) there charges for "shipping and handling" were reasonable compared to the service I received. With a PWE, they are NO WHERE close!

So if $3 is reasonable for you to get the card in perfect shape in a bubble mailer, why isn't $3 reasonable for you to get the card in perfect shape in a plain white envelope? The result is the same, you're basically just bellyaching because the seller saved some cash.[/quote:8zlhj28n]

Sure, I will keep playing your game the man in blue.

Main Entry: rea·son·able
Pronunciation: \?r?z-n?-b?l, ?r?-z?n-?-b?l\
Function: adjective
Date: 14th century
1 a: being in accordance with reason <a reasonable theory> b: not extreme or excessive <reasonable requests> c: moderate, fair <a reasonable chance> <a reasonable price> d: inexpensive
2 a: having the faculty of reason b: possessing sound judgment <a reasonable man>

That is the definition of reasonable per Websters.

Now, lets break down the OP sellers "costs vs. actual" shipping charges.

Costs (lets assume)
Envelope - $.02
Penny Sleeve - well, probably a penny, $.01
Stamp - $.44
Total "costs" - $.47
Total "charges" - $3.00
Total "difference" - $2.53 for handling charges and money in the sellers pocket

Now, lets break down a typical shippers "costs vs. actual" shipping charges @ $3
Bubble - $.50 (this is assuming that the seller does not buy in bulk, because everyone does not buy in bulk)
DC - $.75 (I think this is the PO charge these days. Again, we cannot assume that the seller uses paypal to ship)
Penny Sleeve - once again, a penny $.01
Top Loader - $.10 (just a guess as it has been some time since I have bought any)
Team Bag - $.05 (again, just a guess as it has been some time sice I have bought any)
Shipping Cost - $1.22 (pretty sure a 1 oz. package costs this much at the PO)
Total "costs" - $2.63
Total "charges" - $3.00
Total "difference" - .$37 for handling charges and money in the sellers pocket

Again, you are rating on "How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges?"
Your definition, my definition and Websters definition may all be different, however, if you cant see the difference in the two examples above, well, you are just hard headed and cannot admit when someone makes a valid point.

Done with this topic for tonight. :)

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
LLWesMan said:
kdailey4315 said:

If that happened to you would you honestly give the seller 5 stars on cost of shipping? It might just be me but for $3 I expect a bubble mailer.

Yes.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
LaneyB said:
It's all fun and games until YOU receive a pwe.

I can only assume that no one on these boards ships in pwe's.

I have.....never any damage if you have a half a brain.

Members online

Latest posts