Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PSA/DNA Auto Grading Question - Cut the Item or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
PSA/DNA is having a special this month that allows non members to have an item that fits into a currently offered PSA holder encapsulated and auto graded for $15.

I've submitted 3 signed David Price ticket stubs before and love the look and protection. I have 4 more that I plan on submitting this month for the special.

My question comes from a signed newspaper I have. The dimensions are 11 inches wide and 12 inches tall. It is a full newspaper, so it is probably 1/4 inch thick. I have submitted a question to PSA customer service on whether they can accommodate an item like this but haven't received a reply yet.

PSA/DNA offers a holder for photo encapsulation that accommodates an 8x10 photo.

If PSA cannot encapsulate the full paper, should I cut my item to fit?

It could be trimmed from the "New York Post" and date to the image caption for 8 inches and from left to right on the outside of the image to be 10 inches.

What are thoughts on this.

Image is below for reference, but it cuts off the bottom of the paper that has a caption just below the photo and then a 1 3/4 inch boxing advertisement below.

Thanks for the opinions!
Casey

2008NewYorkPostNewspaperAutoDavidPr.jpg

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
JustinG08 said:
Personally I wouldn't trim it just to fit into a psa holder. I think that would look real nice framed instead.
Good idea. I could get protective glass so the auto doesn't fade. Would look nice hanging in my office.

Matted or not?

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
caseya10781 said:
JustinG08 said:
Personally I wouldn't trim it just to fit into a psa holder. I think that would look real nice framed instead.
Good idea. I could get protective glass so the auto doesn't fade. Would look nice hanging in my office.

Matted or not?

Would probably look better matted but either way i'm sure it would turn out nice and would be a great piece to hang in your office.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
JustinG08 said:
caseya10781 said:
JustinG08 said:

Matted or not?

Would probably look better matted but either way i'm sure it would turn out nice and would be a great piece to hang in your office.
Will definitely try to make a run to the frame/matte store tomorrow after lunch.

Out with the PSA/DNA idea and in with the framing :D

Thanks,
Casey

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
No way would i ever cut that paper up to fit in an psa 8x10 holder. Like mentioned you are best to go with a nice matted professional frame job with museum quality UV glass. If you get it done by someone good it will cost about $300.

Members online

Latest posts