Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So what do we do with our Montero stashes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
Is anyone else really worried about their Montero stashes? He's hitting a lackluster .289 with 7 HR at AAA and prices are falling out. Is he going to get traded? Ever called up? Or what??

I'd like to get rid of all my stuff but I'd be taking a beating on it if I sold now. What are all you guys who also invested in Montero doing?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
kbob119 said:
Is anyone else really worried about their Montero stashes? He's hitting a lackluster .289 with 7 HR at AAA and prices are falling out. Is he going to get traded? Ever called up? Or what??

I'd like to get rid of all my stuff but I'd be taking a beating on it if I sold now. What are all you guys who also invested in Montero doing?

Good question. I'm not worried about his performance so far this year as I am the trade possibilities. I would have thought that the Yankees would've given him a shot by now. I'm sitting on a ton of stuff but my buy in was modest compared to many others out there ($50-$60 per Chrome, $150 per Blue Refractor Auto with a few 9.5's that I submitted myself). I'm staying the course for now but am also a bit mad at myself for not selling in ST when a few of his base Auto's hit $100.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:
i would be worried about the Jesus Montero to San Diego for Health Bell rumors.

No way that happens.

Cardinals are interested in Heath Bell too, and it's been reported the Padres want Jordan Swagerty as a centerpiece in a deal. Not even on the same level as Montero.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
kbob119 said:

ill buy 9.5's..... bg

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Looks to be another in the long line of prospects the sheep buy based on the hype they get.

Players get hyped beyond belief and people buy because he is the next big thing. Same thing happened with Matt Wieters and quite a few others. If you buy at the peak... odds r the only place to go is down.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
You can always make your bicycles sound fast...

spokes.jpg

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
P_Manning 18 said:
Looks to be another in the long line of prospects the sheep buy based on the hype they get.

Players get hyped beyond belief and people buy because he is the next big thing. Same thing happened with Matt Wieters and quite a few others. If you buy at the peak... odds r the only place to go is down.

False. Montero being a Yankee makes all the difference in the world. All it takes is a weekend in the Bronx for people to clean up. And oh yeah, he's 21. Haters can hate all they want but as long as he remains a Yankee I'm not worried in the least.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Yankees1218 said:
Not in the lineup for the 4th strait day... Anyone know the injury?

He was placed on the 7 day DL retroactive to Monday with a minor back injury, he should be alright.

Also, not much to worry about from a production standpoint. Isn't he still the 3rd youngest player in AAA?

If I was an investor I would only be worried about him potentially being traded if a top-mid end starter becomes available.

Otherwise, let the season run its course, he will eventually get his chance and all it takes is 1 at bat on the big league level for prices to take off.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I sold off my stash...all i have left is 1 Chrome Auto 9.5

I sold about 100 chrome autos over the last year and I couldn't be happier.

I can to a realization that he does not have a spot on the yankees and will be traded.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I've argued that the Montero-hype is misplaced until the guy shows that he can be an MLB star, but he is still very young and MLB teams will delay promoting a catcher until he is ready to call a game at the big league level. You obviously need to hold at this point until he gets called up by someone and hope for the best.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
HPC said:
Ian Stewart said:
People are so greedy.

Should've sold during ST.

For once, we agree!

Satan must be having a snowball fight

Shocker.

For real though, how much higher did people expect Montero cards to go? It's really unbelievable what people expect. Weren't base chrome AU's up to like $80? Maybe more?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
HPC said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":mwzrwyu4]People are so greedy.

Should've sold during ST.

For once, we agree!

Satan must be having a snowball fight

Shocker.

For real though, how much higher did people expect Montero cards to go? It's really unbelievable what people expect. Weren't base chrome AU's up to like $80? Maybe more?[/quote:mwzrwyu4]

People don't think, they're just following the crowd; they're easily influenced and manipulated by a hobby that supports and encourages mindlessness with regard to certain types of cards.

The real shocker will come to people in 20 years when they find most/all of these cards won't be worth more than the late '80s/early '90s stuff.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
kbob119 said:

i just put them with my joba stash :lol:

Members online

Latest posts