Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~Wednesday Morning Thread~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Ouch. The book I need to read 4 chapters out of by tomorrow is $200 at the bookstore, or I can rent it for $175. Textbook prices are a joke

We keep a copy at the library for student who dont want to buy the text. The library allows 2-4 hour loan of the book so everyone has access. Maybe check for the same in you LIB.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
We keep a copy at the library for student who dont want to buy the text. The library allows 2-4 hour loan of the book so everyone has access. Maybe check for the same in you LIB.

I'm actually getting ready to go check on that. The only downside is that I believe with the textbooks at our library is that we cannot leave with them. I could be wrong, but I think that is how they do it here. I might just rent it off of Amazon though. I need to make sure they have it at the library first

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Hate to say hi and bye, but I only have a few minutes and wanted to stop in.

A big shout out to Art for helping me land a nice 1/1 for my Dunn collection.

2013 Allen & Ginter wood mini 1/1
muskiesfan-albums-pc-picture20641-2013-topps-allen-ginter-mini-264k.jpg

I've always wanted one of the A&G wood minis. Thank you, Art. I really appreciate you helping me land this one.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Ouch. The book I need to read 4 chapters out of by tomorrow is $200 at the bookstore, or I can rent it for $175. Textbook prices are a joke

Money saving tip- Never. Rent. Textbooks. It's one of the worst money suckers as a college student! Pony up the extra couple hundred each semester instead of saving a bit early and nothing later, you'll get a nice fat check at the end of semester to party with ;)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Money saving tip- Never. Rent. Textbooks. It's one of the worst money suckers as a college student! Pony up the extra couple hundred each semester instead of saving a bit early and nothing later, you'll get a nice fat check at the end of semester to party with ;)

Actually, its never rent from the bookstore. Going online it can actually save you money because by the time you go to sell your books back that you bought, you went sell them for enough money to make up the difference between buying or renting. Trust me, I've done this before

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Actually, its never rent from the bookstore. Going online it can actually save you money because by the time you go to sell your books back that you bought, you went sell them for enough money to make up the difference between buying or renting. Trust me, I've done this before

I've never resold my books for less than 80% of what I bought them for, even if i held for a semester or two. Usually made a profit, and quickly.

Buy online. Sell on Campus (At the beginning of the next semester-post flyers with library's used sell price and rent price, price your just under the rent price, and it will be around what you bought it for online, sometimes more. In each Dorm entrance, each dining room entrance, each interest to a big building. You might sell out all in one night

Last edited:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I'm actually getting ready to go check on that. The only downside is that I believe with the textbooks at our library is that we cannot leave with them. I could be wrong, but I think that is how they do it here. I might just rent it off of Amazon though. I need to make sure they have it at the library first

That is the same here but you can quickly (and for free) PDF the pages you need.....email to yourself.....bam done.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] - Have you checked your local craigslist at all by chance? I'm sure it is a shot in the dark, but if you find the one/ones you need it may be the best price for you.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
That is the same here but you can quickly (and for free) PDF the pages you need.....email to yourself.....bam done.

The online catalog says that the school has it here, but I went to check on it and they really don't have it. They are in the process of clearing out their curriculum section since many of the books are outdated. The book I need they supposedly had the first edition from 1980. I emailed the professor in hopes of her being understanding, but I'm not too sure about her

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The online catalog says that the school has it here, but I went to check on it and they really don't have it. They are in the process of clearing out their curriculum section since many of the books are outdated. The book I need they supposedly had the first edition from 1980. I emailed the professor in hopes of her being understanding, but I'm not too sure about her

google books? google search? A 1980 book might be online somewhere.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013

How long have you known which book you need? If it's been over a week, they probably wont be sympathetic. If it's just been a day or two, then it's a teacher who doesn't understand online textbook purchases.

Either case, they probably won't be that sympathetic =[. I went to UW and some professors just didn't give two XXXXs about their classes.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
[MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION]

I love felix's signature. If you had to pick one card that looks the most beautiful with his sign on it which would you pick and why?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Howdy all. FINALLY got a package I paid for the 25th of July. It was for Naomi's birthday party, which was August 3rd ... she was stoked, none-the-less, to open it today.

Ralph - My brother is in Oshkosh. LMK if I need to get ahold of him to be of assistance.

Joe - Great wood ! Still need a JJ wood, even though I get wood for JJ.

Richard - Congrats on the sale !

Adam - Love that dual ! That's one of the MANY things I wanna start dabbling into, someday ...

Kevin - That monitor looks boss ! Congrats and I know I saw pics on FB of the overhaul of the office area. It's coming along quite swimmingly !

Also shocked at the starting time of the MT. I was already at work for nearly 3 hours then. Had a doozy of a storm roll through just after I walked to work. Felt rain drops and lightning was flashing a bit. About 20 minutes later, it sounded like people were dumping out pools full of water on the store's metal roof. Lasted for about 30 minutes, with some good gusts of wind, torrential rains and a cavalcade of lightning lighting up the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts