Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Used my $25 off Ebay coupon to pick this one up. Down to 3 base and 1 upgrade to finish my Banks run after this '57 arrived today. I still need 5 Venezuelans, 3 of which I'll probably never own. Those are so few and far between that I'll keep an eye out but not breaking the bank just to get them.

full

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Used my $25 off Ebay coupon to pick this one up. Down to 3 base and 1 upgrade to finish my Banks run after this '57 arrived today. I still need 5 Venezuelans, 3 of which I'll probably never own. Those are so few and far between that I'll keep an eye out but not breaking the bank just to get them.

full

Love it!!!!!

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hello everyone! I was locked out of FCB when the change took place and was only able to come on this morning.... happy to be back. :)
Well, during the past couple of months, I've been quite busy but finally speared my WHALE.
Willie Mays 1951 Bowman RC
1951 Bowman SGC 1.5.jpg
I shared this on Facebook so you may have seen it already.. LOVE this card!
Have a great day! :)

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Hello everyone! I was locked out of FCB when the change took place and was only able to come on this morning.... happy to be back. :)
Well, during the past couple of months, I've been quite busy but finally speared my WHALE.
View attachment 116582
Glad to have you back and what an addition!!!!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I received my 1934 green back Rabbit Maranville and my 1936 blue back Bill Rogell (even autographed) which COMPLETES MY SET!

Wow, hadn't even seen this before Danny cuz I'm not into vintage as much as a lot of others here.
(If I had it to do all over again starting back in 87 I think I might have made it mostly vintage only however!)

Congrats on an awesome accomplishment!!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
View attachment 116582

Yes indeed, great to see you back and nice WHALE!!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Thanks guys. Yeah I was locked out of the site due to being abroad... but everything is fixed now.
Indeed, LOVE my latest Mays. Still got lots to get but this is the highlight of my collection right now. I'm now looking for the 55, 58 and some of the 60s....
Here's my current colleciton with 2 cards at SGC. View attachment 116588
That collection is looking more and more impressive!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This really needs its own thread, but I am not prepared to spend the time it takes to properly document this stuff. Someday, I will whip one out. For now, I am just really excited for this piece to arrive.

A little history first. I was a member of the Pepsi Junior Mariners Club in the late 79s/early 80s. It was probably 2-3 years total and at the time, it was all about the group of cheap game tickets. I remember getting a T Shirt one year, maybe some sweat bands, a patch and a membership card. I even saved one of the applications. Neat stuff, but didn't really excite me until later when I found out the Dodgers did the same thing around the same time and Garvey was one of the sponsor players for a few years. Even then, I didn't go all out until I started finding other clubs and items to go with the collection. Now, I am up for just about anything Club related. The Rangers had a Dr Pepper Club, the Padres had 7-Up sponsored Club, The brewers, Tigers and Yankees all had clubs as well. There may have been others too, but nothing has surfaced yet for anyone else that I am aware of.

Back to the Dodgers, I was able to piece together from membership cards, applications and ads that different Dodgers were featured in different years and the oldest item I had seen was from 1972, a Pepsi club patch. Then I discovered a membership letter featuring Willie Davis as the sponsor. Unfortunately this was in sold items. I have yet to see another since, but I did happen into a Davis membership application to go with the rest I have.

Then this thing posted...1970 Pepsi Club! WTF!!?? I had never seen any indication the club had started prior to 1972, but here it was, featuring the previous year's ROY, Ted Sizemore. Presumably, there were applications, membership cards, etc. Maybe I will eventually find some new stuff, but for now this is extremely cool to me. It is a poster board, maybe counter display, advertising the club. I don't have anything like this for other years. I took a little chance and hoped nobody was as excited about this item as me and made an offer, rather than paying the full BIN price and that gamble paid off. it arrived today! This is BEYOND cool.

Pepsi Sizemore.jpg

Members online