Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey Orange /25 dupe. Garvey 25 Orange.jpg
Ethier. Ethier 16.jpg

Perconte. This came with another 13 various dodger TTM/IP from BB Card Exchange. The rest weren't worth the time to share. Perconte BBEXCH 14.jpg

Hodges Pap cartoon. Hodges PAP.jpg

Messersmith 78T Auto. It's tough to see, but it very much looks real. Messersmith was not signing for a long time. I saw at least 1 or 2 people claiming to get something back from him in the not so distant past, but I never followed up. I would love to get is 78 OPC and especially 79 OPC signed if he were a willing signer again.
Messersmith.jpg

Finally, a couple of Team issued jerseys for coach Connor McGuiness. I really don't care for the new jerseys compared to older versions. I got these mostly because they also had cool patches on them. I don't admit to knowing a lot about team issued jerseys, but this seller seems to have a continuous supple of dodger stuff. there are some holograms, but i have not dug deeper. They seem to line up with what I could find on newer jerseys after I bought the Darwin Barney one a little bit ago.

The first is an ASG patch. The 2nd has a 30 patch for Maury Wills and a Vin patch for Vin Scully.
McGuiness 1.jpgMcGuiness 2.jpgs-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Had another large lot of mostly TCMA minor leaue cards (some cramer stuff too) from BB Card Exchange arrive today, 21 cards. Mostly Dodgers and Mariners, but a few other goodies. I don't want to grab each scan, so I am not sharing as part of my new, leaner post policy on this thread.

Highlights are probably the Tony Brewer 84 & 85 Cramer cards., an 85 Cramer Brian Holton (google him, he had a rough go after baseball) and a 84 Cramer Lemmie Miller Brewer only had an 85 Donruss (Rated Rookie) and a Target card, I believe.

Then I got this. Probably already have this particular version, but it was relatively cheap. 3/6.

Garvey Bench Schmidt 6.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't chase enough nice old vintage autos these days for a couple reasons. I have a good selection already. They have shot up in price. I like to get the certified cards I missed throughout the late 90s and 2000s, when I was fixated on just Garvey stuff.

This, I believe, is a new addition. 1950 Bowman Jim Russell. This specific signed card, not the signature of Russell itself (have a few). not the best quality, but I'll take it.
Jim Russell 50 B.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just back from vacation...lotsa of mail! 2 posts to get it all.

Auto /25 Garvey 25 Chrome.jpg./15 Garvey 15.jpg.Auto /25Garvey Museum 25.jpg
Auto /25, but also came with IRod, O'Neill and Surhoff autos for a steal of a price! I believe all of the father/son combos were /25.Elite Lot.jpgElite lot 2.jpgelite lot 3 22.59.jpg
Have a few of these from an artist who doesn't flood the market. They are actual art, not prints. I think he does 1 per year for a player. Garvey aRT.jpg
Uni match 6/10, plus still needed this design anyway. Garvey 6-10.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sutton.jpgS Green 49.jpgGreen mini.jpgmoon.jpgCampbell.jpgR Meyer 55B.jpg

This is a new Dodger auto that I have been waiting to add. I am unsure about it, maybe a quick IP or TTMN, but it was cheap enough to take a chance on. justin Bruihl. I think I have given up on getting ALL LA Dodgers now that Ohtani signed with them though. Still haven't tracked down a Betts either. oh well, will keep going with the affordable guys for a bit longer I suppose. Bruhli.jpg

This is similar to a card (also multi-Dodger aut) that I got before that was also faded. Real damn shame someone let this happen, but also kept it affordable and it's bad, but not terrible. Snider Podres Sheffield FADED.jpg

Picked up 3 sets of Dare Dodgers (2003), mostly because they don't pop up much and someone is selling a ton on ebay, but minus McGriff. Maybe why they don't pop too often. Dodger 03 Dare x3.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
/25 & /50 Chrome Black. Garvey Chrome 25.jpgGarvey Chrome 50.jpg

I have not logged him in as a Dodger yet...think Danny Duffy from a couple years back, but I did obtain an auto just in case he does play next year. I don't expect he won't, but jumping on new pick-ups in the off season can be risky. I already have a few Margot autos, the guy the Dodgers got with Glasnow.
Glasgow.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Two Garvey cards in today. 1 is this 6/20 uniform match auto. Garvey 6-20 mrm.png

The other I won't show, because it's the wrong damn card...again! Seriously, how flipping hard is it to mail the right thing to the right buyer? I won a card /10 and got one /25. Once again, I am hoping that the other person is honest, because I never get the better card sent to me! It's always my better card being sent to someone else and I get their lesser card. Hopefully this will resolve quickly and positively. I am tired of dealing with wrong cards though.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
The other I won't show, because it's the wrong damn card...again! Seriously, how flipping hard is it to mail the right thing to the right buyer? I won a card /10 and got one /25. Once again, I am hoping that the other person is honest, because I never get the better card sent to me! It's always my better card being sent to someone else and I get their lesser card. Hopefully this will resolve quickly and positively. I am tired of dealing with wrong cards though.

I got the opposite recently...I bought a $10 card and was sent a $100+ Jackson Holliday auto. I was honest and returned it.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Getting to scratch a new pone off the list thanks to what looks like a Leaf signing. Lots of low numbered cards just popped up on ebay. I don't care for the prismatic look or the logoless look, but needed Sheehan and it was cheap enough. It's numbered to /6Sheehan.jpg

Furcal Archive. Another year I like to chase, besides the 61 and 58 designs, which make for great autograph subjects.Furcal 39.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Two Garvey cards in today. 1 is this 6/20 uniform match auto. View attachment 354206

Seller of the Tier One 4/10 Garvey that I won and was missent to another buyer said that other buyer won't respond. If anyone here was the recipient of this Garvey or happens to see it out in the wild, that person with it is likely a thief! I already had the /10, so no loss for me, but I hope the person who got it has some appropriate karma.

Kudos to the seller. He said to keep the /25 and gave me a full refund. Classy way and well beyond what I would have expected. i'd have been happy to send it back for the refund. Unfortunately it only hurt the seller in this case.Garvey 10.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts