Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Ultimate Signature Edition Collectors Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
blanning71 said:
I have always been a closet fan of this product. It has been very hard to try to collect anything because the local shops here don't normally do the High end products which this was classified under back in the day. Anyway, I had an opportunity to pick up this card a while back but I had a friend swindle it away from me for some decent prospects and stuff I needed. I really regretted moving it as I am a Griffey fan, especially of cards picturing him in an M's jersey. I loved the fact too that it was an on card auto. This all went down about two years ago.

Fast forward to this year about 2 months ago. I was talking with one of our resident Griffey fans, (Laneyb) about my intentions of acquiring a Griffey auto for my pc. After negotiations stalled with him, he simply asked for my addy. Well about 3 days later, I got a little package from him with this in it. A new copy of the card I had foolishly traded away was back in my PC.

Here it is..........

I have been hooked ever since. If any of you guys have any dupes of autos from the set, I would love to see what you have and perhaps work a deal to pick up a few.

Thanks for this great thread!

Brian

are you only looking for dupe griffey's, or anything??

Raymond

Aug 7, 2008
I have a couple...

http://www.freewebs.com/raymondautocollection/dualautos.htm

I sold a few of the high end one's to Wideright, and haven't updated the page yet (ie:I no longer own the Johnson Inscription, the Johnson/Clemens, or the Schmidt/Brett) There were too many duplications of sigs in this set, so I streamlined when it became painfully obvious that I would never own a complete set of the inscriptions or the duals. And, they went to a good home...

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Great cards Raymond! let me know if that carter is ever leaving!! I'm sure its staying PC, but just throwin it out there!!

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Raymond said:
I have a couple...

http://www.freewebs.com/raymondautocollection/dualautos.htm

I sold a few of the high end one's to Wideright, and haven't updated the page yet (ie:I no longer own the Johnson Inscription, the Johnson/Clemens, or the Schmidt/Brett) There were too many duplications of sigs in this set, so I streamlines when it became painfully obvious that I would never own a complete set of the inscriptions or the duals. And, they went to a good home...

Hey Raymond! I was hoping you were going to stop in! They sure did go to a good home, and they were a huge boost to my set. I agree with you about dupes, I wish UD had been a little more creative with the pairings. I've always hoped they'd do an Ultimate Signature 2 just so there would be some different pairings. (Then again I'm glad they didn't!)

Raymond

Aug 7, 2008
wideright said:
I've always hoped they'd do an Ultimate Signature 2 just so there would be some different pairings. (Then again I'm glad they didn't!)

They recycled the design several times in that era, but the releases were always "stick-o-graphs"...

And, I just checked my cards---I do still have the Clemens/Johnson. Gotta inventory my cards and update my website.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Raymond said:
wideright said:
I've always hoped they'd do an Ultimate Signature 2 just so there would be some different pairings. (Then again I'm glad they didn't!)

They recycled the design several times in that era, but the releases were always "stick-o-graphs"...

And, I just checked my cards---I do still have the Clemens/Johnson. Gotta inventory my cards and update my website.

Yep, I got my Clemens/Johnson SOC from someone else. Actually I got the SOC and Cy of those two from the same dealer.

UD got real lazy and/or cheap after 2005. They did a serious shift to stickers. Did you happen to catch my Musial 1/1 sticker pealing story? :lol:

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
1st4040 said:
great news I won the Canseco for under $20!! glad to finally have it incoming as its a sweet card

The prices of these cards have gone insane over the years. I think I paid $10 for the Canseco when it first came out. Most of the other Decades cards were had for $5-$10. The most I paid for one of them when the set was first released was $50 for the Duke Snider /10 (Please don't freak Wide, I don't think I've ever told you the price).

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
1st4040 said:
great news I won the Canseco for under $20!! glad to finally have it incoming as its a sweet card

The prices of these cards have gone insane over the years. I think I paid $10 for the Canseco when it first came out. Most of the other Decades cards were had for $5-$10. The most I paid for one of them when the set was first released was $50 for the Duke Snider /10 (Please don't freak Wide, I don't think I've ever told you the price).

WTF?!?! :eek: No freaking out here, man. I don't think I've ever asked you the price either! LOL That's a steal in today's market! I would guess if one popped up now it would auction off over $100 easy. The last Decade I picked (Whitey Ford /15) was the first one I've seen and it ended at $99 which I was surprised at, but then again you didn't bid on it ;)

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
wideright said:
WTF?!?! :eek: No freaking out here, man. I don't think I've ever asked you the price either! LOL That's a steal in today's market! I would guess if one popped up now it would auction off over $100 easy. The last Decade I picked (Whitey Ford /15) was the first one I've seen and it ended at $99 which I was surprised at, but then again you didn't bid on it ;)

Wait... I take that back. The most I paid was for Jeter from you! I think you sold it to me for around $90. Another low one for me was $30 for the 'Chicken Man.'

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
wideright said:

Wait... I take that back. The most I paid was for Jeter from you! I think you sold it to me for around $90. Another low one for me was $30 for the 'Chicken Man.'

That's right, I forgot about that. $90 and Billy Williams Supremacy.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
wideright said:
That's right, I forgot about that. $90 and Billy Williams Supremacy.

That was it.... I forgot the Williams Supremacy was part of the deal. I really hate those Supremacy cards. They're easily the ugliest cards in the set.

LOL Yeah they have a different look to them. I'm not actually sure what the point of the Supremacy subset was. The checklist is nearly the same as the Decades, and the "Supremacy" title means absolutely nothing in terms of baseball. Kind of the redheaded stepchild of the set! But, they did throw a Soriano, Winfield, Pudge, Bagwell, and some others that didn't get any love in the Decades set.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
jpcz said:
blanning71 said:
I have always been a closet fan of this product. It has been very hard to try to collect anything because the local shops here don't normally do the High end products which this was classified under back in the day. Anyway, I had an opportunity to pick up this card a while back but I had a friend swindle it away from me for some decent prospects and stuff I needed. I really regretted moving it as I am a Griffey fan, especially of cards picturing him in an M's jersey. I loved the fact too that it was an on card auto. This all went down about two years ago.

Fast forward to this year about 2 months ago. I was talking with one of our resident Griffey fans, (Laneyb) about my intentions of acquiring a Griffey auto for my pc. After negotiations stalled with him, he simply asked for my addy. Well about 3 days later, I got a little package from him with this in it. A new copy of the card I had foolishly traded away was back in my PC.

Here it is..........

I have been hooked ever since. If any of you guys have any dupes of autos from the set, I would love to see what you have and perhaps work a deal to pick up a few.

Thanks for this great thread!

Brian

are you only looking for dupe griffey's, or anything??

I am not looking for anything in particular. I really dig the dual autos. I am not picky though. If its someone I like, I'm on it like stink on poop.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like the HOF election is paying off!! This is the highest I've seen a Jimmy Rice Decades go in a while.

LINKY

Here's another one to watch to see where it ends (Yaz/Rice dual). Already at $45 with 3 days left.

LINK

Already seeing increases!! Loving it. Can't imagine the value increases we'll see in the next few decades as the Maddux's, Johnson's, Clemens', Thomas', etc. get closer to HOF nomination time. Should be fun!! :D

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
ru4scuba said:
wideright said:
Looks like the HOF election is paying off!! This is the highest I've seen a Jimmy Rice Decades go in a while.

LINKY

Nice... I think I paid about $5 if not less for that card.

I paid 7.69 for mine. I recorded the sale of every card I've bought. PM coming.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
wideright said:
ru4scuba said:
wideright said:

LINKY

I've done the same and I would not want the wifey to see the total........ :eek:

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
wideright said:
ru4scuba said:
wideright said:

LINKY

I've done the same and I would not want the wifey to see the total........ :eek:

You and me both my friend! :lol:

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
These are the kinds of auctions I dread! Easy to miss, terrible picture, 2nd card is barely - and poorly - mentioned. It's not a card that I need, but if I did I would be lucky to find this auction! I just wonder how many I've missed because of poor listings.

LINK

bodisurfa

Aug 7, 2008
Dave,
They got the Thomas Inscriptions auto that popped up the other night but, seller is asking a whopping $650 BIN or BO. I know this is on your want list.

I search for this cards "everyday" and they just seem to either be still in packs, dried up, or collectors just holding on to them :evil:

Members online

Latest posts