Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Ripped 16 packs of 1997 Score Hobby Reserve - here are the highlights minus a Molitor Heart of the Order:

RubenRuffin.jpg

McGwire wayyy off center :benson:

Got this for $10 on Sportlots:
1998 Bowman Chrome International Refractor
GriffeyIntlRefractor.jpg

Might be going to my first card show in over ten years this weekend. It's in Charlotte NC so I might be wading through a lot of NASCAR. After hearing there wasn't much 90's stuff at The National, I don't have my hopes up for super sweetness, but you never know.

Suggest any strategies? Sift through all the quarter/dollar boxes and show up early on the first day?

Do I still need to bring cash like back in the day?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Was going through my mattingly collection for first time in a long time.

Found a 94 ud electric diamond w the wrong color back. Reminder for all to check theirs.

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
RustyGreerFan said:
Ripped 16 packs of 1997 Score Hobby Reserve - here are the highlights minus a Molitor Heart of the Order:

RubenRuffin.jpg

McGwire wayyy off center :benson:

Got this for $10 on Sportlots:
1998 Bowman Chrome International Refractor
GriffeyIntlRefractor.jpg

Might be going to my first card show in over ten years this weekend. It's in Charlotte NC so I might be wading through a lot of NASCAR. After hearing there wasn't much 90's stuff at The National, I don't have my hopes up for super sweetness, but you never know.

Suggest any strategies? Sift through all the quarter/dollar boxes and show up early on the first day?

Do I still need to bring cash like back in the day?

is it the show put on by inside pitch? I went to their show here in greensboro this past weekend and wish I had stayed home. their show this summer in greensboro I enjoyed, but this time was a total bust between parking and admission if it wasn't for stocking up on some cheap supplies I needed I would have spent a total of $4 on a couple random maddux cards I really didn't need and a don sutton GU for $2

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
mansgame said:
bigalbert said:
Missed on one of my top 5 most wanted last nite. I did a manual bid with 10 seconds left and the little wheel kept spinning and spinning and didn't trigger the bid. Waited a long time for this one to surface and now the wait continues.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-LEAF-D...0641728204?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4cfbc862cc
Been there done that..... ::facepalm::

Wow ... based on this sale ..... are these in line ?

Clemens http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-UD-Choice- ... 336e9d45de

Irod http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-UD-Choice- ... 336e9d4f29

I need the Clemens ! What is a good price on this listing ?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Yrs ago, a kid found the gold griffey /100 in a pack from my store.

He brought it back in some time later all beat up. So theres basically 99 out there.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
These cards are tough. A Jeter could possibly reach that level if the stars are aligned right. No way is a Clemens or IRod gonna reach that figure. I think the Clemens could TOP out at $50 and Irod $30 both on good days.

Jan 14, 2009
BBCgalaxee said:

Found a 94 ud electric diamond w the wrong color back. Reminder for all to check theirs.

Is it the silver variation? Do you have a scan available?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
cbrandtw said:
These cards are tough. A Jeter could possibly reach that level if the stars are aligned right. No way is a Clemens or IRod gonna reach that figure. I think the Clemens could TOP out at $50 and Irod $30 both on good days.

I paid in the neighborhood of $45-$50 for my Bagwell if I remember correctly at auction. There had been one as a BIN a few years back for like $49.99 and I neglected to hit it. Then after how long it took before the next one popped...I was starting to regret not picking it up even at that high price. But I speared that bad boy and now do not have to worry about it.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
predatorkj said:
cbrandtw said:

I paid in the neighborhood of $45-$50 for my Bagwell if I remember correctly at auction. There had been one as a BIN a few years back for like $49.99 and I neglected to hit it. Then after how long it took before the next one popped...I was starting to regret not picking it up even at that high price. But I speared that bad boy and now do not have to worry about it.
I would also say in the $50 range.for those. The 98's are a whole new ballgame. I have a standing offer of $100 for the 98 Juan for the last 7 months ( Books at $12 ) still no takers. If i ever get that card i may retire from collecting.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
jacksoncoupage said:
BBCgalaxee said:

Check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There's a list of which cards have bronze and silver backs.

Jan 14, 2009
olerud363 said:
jacksoncoupage said:
BBCgalaxee said:

Check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=128020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There's a list of which cards have bronze and silver backs.

Yeah, I have that list handy and Mattingly isn't on it, nor has he ever been reported to be affected by the silver variation by any of the error guys so I was wondering if the one BBCgalaxee referred to was a new silver variation or some other type. Several collectors have mentioned gold/bronze variations in series 2 cards so you never know...If it is a new silver variation, I'd love to get visual confirmation for an updated list.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
No, I got confused. Just double checked it and its bronze back.

Seemed like and error to me at first, silver front bronze back.

Members online

Latest posts