Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rangers on verge of getting Gallardo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Yovani Gallardo "On Verge of Being" Traded to the Rangers

Rangers “On Verge” Of Acquiring Yovani Gallardo
By Edward Creech [January 18, 2015 at 2:02pm CST]
The Rangers are on the verge of acquiring right-hander Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers, tweets FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal. Earlier today, Chris Cotillo of SB Nation tweeted the Rangers could be adding a starting pitcher.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Jurickson Profar is NOT going to Milwaukee in the Yovani Gallardo trade, source says.

Gallo, perhaps? Odor? Alfaro?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Depends on the return. If you can get Gallo or Alfaro then A+++++ for the Brewers.

Gallardo's a one-year rental, though. Having my doubts. However, once upon a time, Beltran (a rental) did net Zack Wheeler in return, SF's #1 prospect back then.

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Would make room in the rotation for Fiers AND Nelson (or Jungmann if Nelson struggles?). Or we could hope for a bigger move :)

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Hittable, not a high k guy, and gets into trouble, doesn't sound like a great guy for Texas.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
If #Brewers trade Gallardo to #Rangers, it could signal run at Shields, as @Joelsherman1 said. Get prospects for Gallardo, a potential FA, then go heavy on Shields. Strategy would be not unlike Lohse signing in ’13. #Brewers waited out market. Owner Attanasio always aggressive.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
If #Brewers trade Gallardo to #Rangers, it could signal run at Shields, as @Joelsherman1 said. Get prospects for Gallardo, a potential FA, then go heavy on Shields. Strategy would be not unlike Lohse signing in ’13. #Brewers waited out market. Owner Attanasio always aggressive.
This would make sense. Have a bunch of money coming off the books after this year. Sign Shields for 4 years and get a solid prospect or two for a year of Gallardo.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Sources: #Rangers offered IF Luis Sardinas in several deals this off-season. Possible he is one of players heading to #Brewers for Gallardo.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Not a high K guy? He has been at or better than a K-per-inning 4 out of his 8 years and averages 8.6 per-9 in his career, 9th career highest of ALL current MLB starters.

Plus he's on a 6-year streak of 30+ starts and 180+ innings pitched. He's been one of the more durable pitchers for half a decade.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Not a high K guy? He has been at or better than a K-per-inning 4 out of his 8 years and averages 8.6 per-9 in his career, 9th career highest of ALL current MLB starters.

The last 2 years have not been good, which I think are more telling for the future than 4 years ago. What he was 3-6 years ago is irrelevant to what he is today. He doesn't seem to be the same pitcher after 2013.
2014 he was at 6.8.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The last 2 years have not been good, which I think are more telling for the future than 4 years ago. What he was 3-6 years ago is irrelevant to what he is today. He doesn't seem to be the same pitcher after 2013.
2014 he was at 6.8.

He'll still only be 29 this year (I say only because it seems like he's been around forever) and has made efforts to pitch more to contact in recent years. An for what it's worth (nothing), I feel like he pitches well in sweltering heat lol

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
He'll still only be 29 this year (I say only because it seems like he's been around forever) and has made efforts to pitch more to contact in recent years. An for what it's worth (nothing), I feel like he pitches well in sweltering heat lol

I don't dislike the guy, I just don't think it gets better fro here. If the brewers are able to trade him for a few good prospects, its a big win. I think he will be a 3rd or more likely a 4th starter going forward.

I don't see how anyone can claim the last 2 years have been anything but disappointing. What he did in 2011, when 2013 and 2014 have not been close, means very little. To me, he doesn't seem to be the same pitcher he was 4 years ago.

If I remember correctly, he had a k/9 of 6.8 and 7.2 the last 2 years.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't dislike the guy, I just don't think it gets better fro here. If the brewers are able to trade him for a few good prospects, its a big win. I think he will be a 3rd or more likely a 4th starter going forward.

I don't see how anyone can claim the last 2 years have been anything but disappointing. What he did in 2011, when 2013 and 2014 have not been close, means very little. To me, he doesn't seem to be the same pitcher he was 4 years ago.

If I remember correctly, he had a k/9 of 6.8 and 7.2 the last 2 years.

I actually agree with you and have questions about his determination as well. I just wouldn't be completely surprised to see a turn around for a few seasons in a new atmosphere

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Finally. Now, bring on the names headed the other way.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Yovani Gallardo's trade to Texas has been finalized, source says.

Members online