Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 hobby goals, what are yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Hopefully I will just see more cards go out the door than come in. I would love to snag that Hensley Meulens autographed card BBM issued last year, but I don't see it happening for $100+. Even though it's his only pack-issued, certified auto, it's still Hensley Meulens and his autos routinely don't sell for $1 on eBay.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Get to 4700 different Bagwells.
Finish at least half the sets I'm still building.

Both are doable.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
- Hit the 4,500 card milestone
- Find the last 3 '98 Tek patterns (29, 39, 42)
- Find the '14 Finest Greats Supefractor auto and/or '14 Tek Charcoal Galactic auto
- Exercise more control on new release pickups during first week. I did really good on some cards this year, vastly overpaid on others.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'd like to add at least 12 on card HOF autos. I'm hoping that most of my HOF collection can be on card, but I don't have a problem with stickers. I'm a college student with an extremely limited budget so I like to keep the goals modest. I'd also like to add 10 signed ROMLB to the collection, with at least three of them being HOFers. With TwinsFest in January there should be a couple of signed baseballs coming home with me. I also want to continue adding to my Twins 87/91 WS auto collection, with my biggest need being kirby Puckett, but he'll be out of my price range for the year still

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
My 2015 goal is simple. I am going to complete my 71 (1 more card) and 72 (45 more cards) Topps sets. This will give me complete base sets from 1970 to present. I will finish the 2015 set as usual to keep the string going.

Other than that, I hope to find one or two more of the 2007 Sweet Spot Classic GU that I need for that set.

Good luck everyone!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
My 2015 goal is simple. I am going to complete my 71 (1 more card) and 72 (45 more cards) Topps sets. This will give me complete base sets from 1970 to present. I will finish the 2015 set as usual to keep the string going.

Other than that, I hope to find one or two more of the 2007 Sweet Spot Classic GU that I need for that set.

Good luck everyone!

That is a great collection! What year is your favorite?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

Good luck everyone!

I'm also working on a 1971 Topps set, need less than 100 cards (I hope to finish it this year). Which card are you missing?

Also want to finish my 1975 Topps set, hit 2000 Troy Glaus and 1800 Scott Rolens, and, of course, MORE DICK POLE PLEASE. I actually have more Dick Pole cards than Beckett catalogs, thanks to this year's Topps 75th stamped buybacks. The 1st Series and 2nd Series/Updates have different size stamps, so I consider them different cards. I have all 5 S1 Dick Pole buybacks, and I think 2 of the 5 S2/Update.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
1. Continue posting quality (not quantity) posts here to try to keep FCB lively. You miss a day on FCB nowdays, you aren't missing much new postings. ;(

2. Try to pickup another authentic jersey for the hometown minor league team. It's usually pretty difficult considering many BIN sell offers are about twice as much as what the jerseys have been going for when they do start a reasonable price and go to completion.

3. Have to collect autos that show a different MLB team now that my minor league team changed affiliations in the offseason. The players will be players I've seen in person, but they won't be in Dodgers MLB colors but rather Rockies MLB colors when their cert autos come out.

4. Cut back on the number of h/c sets that I buy (for releases that I don't open wax to try to build). This is based on the fact I'm now regretting getting a 2014 Donruss Classics h/c set (for instance) so try to keep that from happening in 2015. Definitely not regretting stadium club or the bowman issues that I bought h/c sets for so those types of purchases should continue in 2015.

Last edited:

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
That is a great collection! What year is your favorite?

Actually 1978 is my favorite set. I just liked the design and the player list. MY least favorite is the brick of cards that I call my 2003 Topps factory set. The whole thing is stuck together.

I'm also working on a 1971 Topps set, need less than 100 cards (I hope to finish it this year). Which card are you missing?

Also want to finish my 1975 Topps set, hit 2000 Troy Glaus and 1800 Scott Rolens, and, of course, MORE DICK POLE PLEASE. I actually have more Dick Pole cards than Beckett catalogs, thanks to this year's Topps 75th stamped buybacks. The 1st Series and 2nd Series/Updates have different size stamps, so I consider them different cards. I have all 5 S1 Dick Pole buybacks, and I think 2 of the 5 S2/Update.

Yeah, 1971 is a tough set. My set is not exactly in perfect condition by any means. Good luck with your last 100. Send me a list and I will see what I can find for you from my doubles. The last one that I am looking for is #650 Rich Allen. Just haven't won one yet, but now that it is the final one, I will put more effort into it.

Thanks,

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Goals:

1) Sell off a large portion of the collection, particularly items I don't enjoy owning (and also don't think will increase in value much in the near future)
2) I've been thinking of putting together the 2001 Fleer Stitches in Time Auto and GU set. I used to have the auto set but sold it when I liquidated the collection. It's pretty much the only thing I had that I kind of wish I hadn't sold so it's a tentative goal.
3) Pick up 1 card from the 1999 A Piece of History 500 Club Auto set that I don't have at a price I can justify. It's obviously subject to finding the card available, having the funds etc., and with only a couple of cards left in the set that I could even envision ever buying, the odds are somewhat low, though I do have a lead on one.
4) Decide whether to expand the set to include players who were not in the original 1999 APOH Auto set. (This opens the door for McGwire, Sosa, Griffey, and Palmeiro and other than maybe Griffey I don't have much interest in these.)

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Finish up my 2010 Ginter mini master set. These are the black minis I still need:

294 Buster Posey RC
305 Kelly Johnson
307 Akinori Iwamura
309 Casey McGehee
310 Placido Polanco
312 Carlos Ruiz
314 Ivan Rodriguez
319 Austin Jackson RC
323 Angel Pagan
324 Randy Winn
328 Jered Weaver
329 Troy Glaus
338 Francisco Liriano
340 Brad Lidge
342 Erik Bedard
343 Brad Penny
347 Orlando Cabrera
349 Yuniesky Betancourt

And finish up the EXT set. I have 11/51.

I'd like to knock out more of the bazookas and NNOs too. Still at <10% on those.

It's not much, but it's what seems feasible while I'll be spending next year knocking out all credit card debt.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Add 5 cards from my want-list, pre-2014. Odds of that happening are about 3%.

I'm WAY overdue to update my website. Hope to scan and upload at least 500 more cards this coming year. I've also got hundreds of newspaper articles and mountains of other random memorabilia that'd be fun to share as well...

Last edited:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Goals:

1) Sell off a large portion of the collection, particularly items I don't enjoy owning (and also don't think will increase in value much in the near future)
2) I've been thinking of putting together the 2001 Fleer Stitches in Time Auto and GU set. I used to have the auto set but sold it when I liquidated the collection. It's pretty much the only thing I had that I kind of wish I hadn't sold so it's a tentative goal.
3) Pick up 1 card from the 1999 A Piece of History 500 Club Auto set that I don't have at a price I can justify. It's obviously subject to finding the card available, having the funds etc., and with only a couple of cards left in the set that I could even envision ever buying, the odds are somewhat low, though I do have a lead on one.
4) Decide whether to expand the set to include players who were not in the original 1999 APOH Auto set. (This opens the door for McGwire, Sosa, Griffey, and Palmeiro and other than maybe Griffey I don't have much interest in these.)

Do you have a list or bucket for your collection? I only see the bits and pieces you post and am amazed at all times. Can't imagine what you'd be looking to get rid of

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Do you have a list or bucket for your collection? I only see the bits and pieces you post and am amazed at all times. Can't imagine what you'd be looking to get rid of

Haven't kept things updated as much as I should. That's part of the 2015 effort :)

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
To put the base /499 auto set together of 2014 five star for under the price of a case.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
To put the base /499 auto set together of 2014 five star for under the price of a case.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

That's actually something I've been contemplating as well. Those things are beautiful with a great mix of players!

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
• get into the top 30 on the PSA Registry with my 1953 Bowman Color set (current rank [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 4[/URL] )
• work on the 1983 Donruss PSA 10 set I recently started, hoping to get to #3 on the list (should be easy to get to #4 , #3 will take some doing)
• sell at a nice profit on at least one of the prospects I've stocked up on
• no buying any Bowman cases and hope to make a profit on the breaks I do overall
• clear out a lot of the overstock I have

calripkenjr

Feb 26, 2012
100 new PSA 10 cards for my #1 Cal Ripken, Jr. Master Set.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts