Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Astros Caravan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
predatorkj said:
ignition said:
Point taken - I will get to the Cypress stop at noon and bring a snack and a book.

Question - were you guys able to wait inside or did they make y'all wait outside? Just curious because of the chance of rain.

Like I did today! :lol: Read about 75 pages of Ball 4 by Jim Bouton as well as the newspaper.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
predatorkj said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
I arrived at 12:30 and got ticket #100. People didn't really have their stuff ready or took their sweet time. I ended up talking to Hunter an Meacham for almost a minute because people were talking so long. It was frustrating to see people with multiple tickets (i only noticed two). I went to the back of the line after my first time through, but didn't get close to making it again. Did anyone see the guy with the cart of stuff? wtf was that about?

With all the bats right? Mizuno and then he had that box with a rawlings big stick tied up in a tristar bag? Kinda odd but the guy in the white shirt he kept talking to...I have seen him before quite a few times. But not ole boy with the bats. Not sure. I have no idea how the hell he figured to get them all signed not to mention $70 bats are a little steep considering most of those guys never used those models.Where were you in comparison to them? I was like a few people behind them.

At around 3 he also had 5 pence jerseys that he gave to someone in line, but was then told he had to buy the stuff. He must have purchased everything in order to get it out of the store. I was 100th in line and then 10 from the end when it ended.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ignition said:
predatorkj said:
ignition said:
Point taken - I will get to the Cypress stop at noon and bring a snack and a book.

Question - were you guys able to wait inside or did they make y'all wait outside? Just curious because of the chance of rain.

Like I did today! :lol: Read about 75 pages of Ball 4 by Jim Bouton as well as the newspaper.

Bring a big umbrella. Chances are...they won't let you get inside until its about 30 minutes before the signing. At least that's how they normally do it. That way they keep everyone out of the store and people can look around un-bothered. Because once they let people in...it never fails that a million customers want to look at the products the line blocks them from. So I suppose they try to minimize that.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Today I wandered around the store for a few hours, and sat in the shoe department on a bench for a while. I'm going to try to make it tomorrow, but the metro isn't very good in that area.

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
17ROCKIES12 said:
Today I wandered around the store for a few hours, and sat in the shoe department on a bench for a while. I'm going to try to make it tomorrow, but the metro isn't very good in that area.

More like nonexistent. Houston's public transportation stinks unless you live within the 610 loop.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
ignition said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

More like nonexistent. Houston's public transportation stinks unless you live within the 610 loop.
It was rough, but I used it to get there today.

Anyone else watch the kid with all the bats/balls/jerseys again today?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't go today. Had fun stuff to do like work. Everyone go and get their stuff signed?

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
17ROCKIES12 said:
Anyone else watch the kid with all the bats/balls/jerseys again today?

I saw who you were talking about today - dude seemingly knew everyone in line and had a head full of hair that looked like a bad Kurt Cobain wig. When he walked by I expected to get a potent whiff of some kush...

I also saw a bunch of people who brought their entire extended family's children in order to get 13 signatures of Bourn, Norris, and Bogusevic. The most depressing thing was that they seemingly ignored Reynolds like he was some third-rate nobody (he was actually the main reason I went) yet they were clamoring over Norris and Bogusevic. Reynolds' isn't a HOFer by any stretch, but the guy was an All-Star in 2000 and ended his career with a very respectable W-L record and offered 10 years of service to the Astros.

I got there around 12:30 and got #83 - you're correct, Academy actually does run these things well. I've learned my lesson never to attend anything where Pence is signing as the line inexplicable gets ridiculously long. No clue why Houstonians love the guy so much... he's an average player at best, certainly not a Bourn-caliber type player (whom I feel gets no love from Astros fans).

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
predatorkj said:
I didn't go today. Had fun stuff to do like work. Everyone go and get their stuff signed?
The line was very reasonable as far as showing up early went. I made it through twice, because it looked like they were going to be able to get to everyone.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
ignition said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Bagwell is no longer going to OKC

Ha - and any reason anyone had to go to OKC is now gone.
Yeah. I can't imagine going that for for an autograph. I bet some people in OKC are pretty disappointed.

Looks like I'm going to be able to make it to the one on Wed. I plan on getting my Barmes stadium banner signed, and my Brett Wallace FCB printing plates.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
Anyone going to Austin or OKC tomorrow?

Nah. I need Barmes, Wallace, and Castro on a baseball but looks like I'll miss out on all three. Damn the luck. In any case...I hope I can somehow eventually land them all. Wallace and Castro I'm not so worried about. I just don't see Barmes staying put here very long though.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
predatorkj said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Nah. I need Barmes, Wallace, and Castro on a baseball but looks like I'll miss out on all three. Damn the luck. In any case...I hope I can somehow eventually land them all. Wallace and Castro I'm not so worried about. I just don't see Barmes staying put here very long though.
Tomorrow is Barmes, Wallace, and Johnson.

Johnson is one of the easiest on the team, and Castro signs every game inside the stadium. I've had no luck with Wallace (ip/ttm), so it would be nice to get him. Barmes was one of the best on the Rockies, so as long as he's here for a little while, he'll be easy to get. I'm still thinking about making the trip.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
predatorkj said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Tomorrow is Barmes, Wallace, and Johnson.

Johnson is one of the easiest on the team, and Castro signs every game inside the stadium. I've had no luck with Wallace (ip/ttm), so it would be nice to get him. Barmes was one of the best on the Rockies, so as long as he's here for a little while, he'll be easy to get. I'm still thinking about making the trip.

Castro was actually supposed to be at astro line tonight but it looks like Jim Wynn instead. In either case...I have school so it wouldn't matter if Hank Aaron was there. Okay...I lied. It might. But Aaron won't be there. In any case I expect Wallace and Castro to stick around and eventually be at a sit down signing I can get to. Barmes is the one that worries me.

And just to throw it out there...I never try to get any of the astros at the stadium. Too crazy for me. Hell...I have way better luck with the visiting teams. Or at least I did until the dealers screwed that up.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
How was Astroline tonight? Who's up next week?

Its every Wendsday supposedly. Milo will be out for a couple of weeks but I don't think it stops for that. As for who is up next week I am not sure. Allison keeps acting like they don't know... and maybe they don't. I saw her here in Webster and I asked again and she said they weren't trying to hold out on us. As soon as they get a verbal commit they let us know. But she said thus far its been hard to get one. Supposedly Castro was supposed to be on yesterday and Wallace was supposed to be the guest next Wendsday. In all reality I have no idea. In years past they had a more solid schedule where you knew who would be coming. This year...not so much. I was kinda hoping one of you had gone so I knew if they were right about Castro.

Members online