Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Leaf Executive Collection hitting ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

This is why BG is one of the few in the hobby I respect and admire.

Once again he has found a way to make money off a seemingly basic service, while at the same time generating buzz for his brand name.

This is how you make money in the hobby.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
ekomsdeeew said:
not pack pulled or a redemption. it is a custom that you pay $40 to get made/certified. with all do respect, the seller con'd that Ichiro.

If the buyer doesnt care... he made a quick $620.. but not listing it as a Custom was kinda sketchy.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Chris Levy said:
This is why BG is one of the few in the hobby I respect and admire.

Once again he has found a way to make money off a seemingly basic service, while at the same time generating buzz for his brand name.

This is how you make money in the hobby.

To me this has nothing to do with BG and Leaf. He is simply providing a service that people want to use. From my count he has 85 cuts listed on his population report (not including the 4 Alis BG made) so thats $3400. More power to him.

My only issue is if you do it and are looking to sell after you get it back... you should list it as a custom.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
There is nothing stopping someone like 200lbhockeyplayer from doing the same thing.

Except name recognizition.

If Fleer or FLair or Score or Pinnacle ever go up for sale, they should be bid on and bid on hard.

It was a great move by BG, and I didn't think it at the time, to get the Leaf name and logo. It was even a greater move to let the Razor name die.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Jeff N. said:
There is nothing stopping someone like 200lbhockeyplayer from doing the same thing.

If Fleer or FLair or Score or Pinnacle ever go up for sale, they should be bid on and bid on hard.

It was a great move by BG, and I didn't think it at the time, to get the Leaf name and logo. It was even a greater move to let the Razor name die.
I thought they were still trying to sell the Razor name?

NOt worth much.

Will agree though that the change of brand names and focus was a good thing

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Jeff N. said:

I agree that it was a great move to acquire the Leaf name, great baseball name. Razor never fit with baseball to me, maybe for the other genres the brand produced (MMA/Poker).

I'm looking forward to my two "brand name enhanced" cuts hopefully arriving sometime this week.

I think what Mike does is different Jeff. Mike makes more of an individual, highly detailed custom and the Leaf "product" is exactly what you said, name recognition. I see them a little differently.

And if none of my posts make any sense tonight it would be b/c I've taken a muscle relaxer (never take meds) and am about to pass out!

:lol:

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
[ebay:2ykzxbel]160570269847[/ebay:2ykzxbel]

Add this one. It won't sell at that price though.

autocut

Good service, but still pricey. $40 for the service, $14.-- for shipping plus $25-$125 for authentication. So total cost would be $80-$200. I have a few autos I want encased, but have to pull out my expensive ones.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Junior Griffey said:
The Ichiro and Unitas belong to a board member. There was a multi page thread a week or two ago about those two, and he was getting bashed for cutting up the Ichiro photo.
And someone here said the Ichi would only get $150. :lol:

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jeff N. said:
I appreciate your points below, but one doesn't get dinged in feedback or chargebacks because a player is doing poorly. However, selling a card like this and not mentioning it's a custom cut is slightly questionable, and certainly a novice ebayer can drop a negative/chargeback due to their own lack of intelligence regarding the product.
I am at the opposite side here, because really, I don't consider these "customs" in the same light that others view "customs." I'm obviously biased here because I do a lot of custom cuts, and this product looks no different than the standard slabbed Leaf/Razor cuts.

Should we expect to see the five winners of the Leaf Ali cuts due to the confusion over 150/200 autographs list those as "custom"? I certainly wouldn't think so, yet they are the exact same and fall within the "2011 Leaf Executive Collection."

For my Dick Porter Leaf Executive Collection Masterpiece 1/1, I don't consider it a custom, but also don't consider it pack-pulled. Either way, to me there is no stigma with this product...others view it differently.

If I list any of mine, I won't put "custom" in the description...and I don't think I'm doing a disservice to anyone.

I agree. When people think custom on ebay they think fake. I know people here have made legit custom cut autos. But generally on ebay custom means someone took a licensed card and added something.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
nborton said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jeff N. said:
I appreciate your points below, but one doesn't get dinged in feedback or chargebacks because a player is doing poorly. However, selling a card like this and not mentioning it's a custom cut is slightly questionable, and certainly a novice ebayer can drop a negative/chargeback due to their own lack of intelligence regarding the product.
I am at the opposite side here, because really, I don't consider these "customs" in the same light that others view "customs." I'm obviously biased here because I do a lot of custom cuts, and this product looks no different than the standard slabbed Leaf/Razor cuts.

Should we expect to see the five winners of the Leaf Ali cuts due to the confusion over 150/200 autographs list those as "custom"? I certainly wouldn't think so, yet they are the exact same and fall within the "2011 Leaf Executive Collection."

For my Dick Porter Leaf Executive Collection Masterpiece 1/1, I don't consider it a custom, but also don't consider it pack-pulled. Either way, to me there is no stigma with this product...others view it differently.

If I list any of mine, I won't put "custom" in the description...and I don't think I'm doing a disservice to anyone.

I agree. When people think custom on ebay they think fake. I know people here have made legit custom cut autos. But generally on ebay custom means someone took a licensed card and added something.
One issue, custom or not, is that these were never pack issued, that could be a problem for some.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
If the cards said Razor instead of Leaf then they would be selling for half the price. Probably the most prudent business move BG ever made was buying up the name of a reputable business to leave the Razor brand behind due to the stench of failure associated with it. People see Leaf, think legitimacy, and bid accordingly. The market will adjust eventually, but until then let the good times roll.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Recent sales:

NOMO $799
Juan Gonzalez $250
Ichiro $660+
Al Pacino $250
Wilt Chamberlain $400
Carl Yazstremski $150
Will Clark $199
Willie Mays $200
Magic johnson $150
Jack Dempsey $200
Roger Maris $250 (wish I had seen it, I woulda paid $300 myself!)

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
when I saw the Nomo price I thought "What a great idea to do Nomo!" His collectors are still there, paying good $$ for anything of his. I was offered $1300 for my Cobb( a friend of a friend who I showed it to), but I'm keeping it.

Members online

Latest posts