Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A-Rod admits to using steroids..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Wait...everyone is surprised to hear this??? The whole steroids thing has gotten out of hand. I really don't care anymore as I'm sure more than 3/4s of the league uses some sort of banned substance to gain an edge.

I used to be on the US National Junior Olympic volleyball team and I saw guys use stuff from androstene cream to anabolic steroids. And this is VOLLEYBALL we're talking about here!?!?!?! :lol:

Allen

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
lisu said:
Here's what I think....

I think that all these superstars who have made a ton of money using PED's should pay back half of their salaries to their teams. Besides that, I don't care.

I'm sure the Giants have already benefited from Bonds' PED use in the form of higher attendance, a trip to the World Series, and more excitement about Giants baseball. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to get away with putting a lineup of Jose Cruz Jr., Shawn Dunston, JT Snow, Benito Santiago on the field.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
fengzhang said:
lisu said:
Here's what I think....

I think that all these superstars who have made a ton of money using PED's should pay back half of their salaries to their teams. Besides that, I don't care.

I'm sure the Giants have already benefited from Bonds' PED use in the form of higher attendance, a trip to the World Series, and more excitement about Giants baseball. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to get away with putting a lineup of Jose Cruz Jr., Shawn Dunston, JT Snow, Benito Santiago on the field.

Hey, no dissing JT Snow! That was one of the highest attended games for the Giants in 2008 when he retired!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
fengzhang said:
lisu said:
Here's what I think....

How about this, these guys who get caught using PED's should give half of their salaries back to a fund to everyone who bought a ticket, and they should receive a partial refund for the money that fans paid for their tickets.

gldneagles311

Aug 10, 2008
N. Bergen, NJ
i'm not taking up for the guy at all, but my question is: who here has done nothing wrong in their lives?

quit judging...and with the "a-roids" comment, that is very original and creative

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I give him credit for comingclean, but do not care that he took steroids from 2001-2003. If he took a test today or anytime in the last couple of years and came back positive for performance enhancing drugs then I would have an issue with him.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
lisu said:
fengzhang said:
lisu said:
Here's what I think....

Hey, no dissing JT Snow! That was one of the highest attended games for the Giants in 2008 when he retired!

Let's also not forget that Bonds walked most of that year, he was a man on base and a poor defensive player, the other players around him had carrer years, like Kent, Snow, Aurilia, Russ Ortiz and Robb Nen.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Huffamaniac said:
I give him credit for comingclean, but do not care that he took steroids from 2001-2003. If he took a test today or anytime in the last couple of years and came back positive for performance enhancing drugs then I would have an issue with him.

Ah, so it's okay that he did it and didn't get caught for 5-6 years. But if it did it now, he's a bad person.

That makes sense.

Wes

OG
Administrator
lisu said:
Here's what I think....

If we're going that route - the teams should pay back the fans who paid to watch them - especially since many of them were complicit in the drugs. PETER MAGOWAN.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
lisu said:
fengzhang said:
lisu said:
Here's what I think....

The chicks always like JT Snow more than the male fans :lol:

But, let's face it, Bonds carried the lineup in the 2000-2004 years. Even his walks were helpful because they totally changed the complexion of the game. He created 20 runs for every 27 outs he made in 2004. The next highest in the league was Albert Pujols at...10. In other words, the difference b/w Bonds and Pujols in 2004 was bigger than the difference b/w Pujols and me.

Without Bonds, that lineup would've resembled last year's lineup which had the fewest HR's hit by a team since the 1993 expansion Marlins. That's pretty (un)impressive.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Huffamaniac said:

Ah, so it's okay that he did it and didn't get caught for 5-6 years. But if it did it now, he's a bad person.

That makes sense.

In what universe do the years 2001-2003 constitute "5-6 years?"

If you believe he did it that long, that's great. That isn't fact. We only know the information that we've been given, and that's three years.

Wes

OG
Administrator
fengzhang said:
lisu said:
fengzhang said:
lisu said:
Here's what I think....

The chicks always like JT Snow more than the male fans :lol:

But, let's face it, Bonds carried the lineup in the 2000-2004 years. Even his walks were helpful because they totally changed the complexion of the game. He created 20 runs for every 27 outs he made in 2004. The next highest in the league was Albert Pujols at...10. In other words, the difference b/w Bonds and Pujols in 2004 was bigger than the difference b/w Pujols and me.

Without Bonds, that lineup would've resembled last year's lineup which had the fewest HR's hit by a team since the 1993 expansion Marlins. That's pretty (un)impressive.

Some guy named Kent was pretty good too...

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
cgilmo said:
I still hold the opinion that the use of steroids does not invalidate your career.

I agree with this completely, there are many ways to cheat and baseball players have used whatever they could get away with from the begining. Ty Cobb would sharpen his spike to purposely injure opposing players. Players stole signs, sent people to hotel rooms to wake opposing teams up and make them tired for the game. There was the spitball era and now it's steriods. What else can we claim as cheating in the future, lasik eye surgery to see better than 20/20 like Maddux had. Or maybe tinted glasses the help the white of the ball pop out against a back ground like Brian Roberts used. Or maybe any number of now legal substances that are for muscle building, like Andro that McGwire used and endorsed before MLB banned it. It doens't take a carrer away, it'll lose you fans and might keep you out of the HOF but there will always be people trying to cheat the system and be better than the rest

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
pujolsjunkie said:
Jeff N. said:
Huffamaniac said:

That makes sense.

If you believe he did it that long, that's great. That isn't fact. We only know the information that we've been given, and that's three years.

2009-2003 = 6 years.

He did it in 2003, didn't get "caught" until 2009. An argument can be made that it's 5 1/2 years since we're in February, 2009, so that's why I put the 5 years there.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
Jeff N. said:
Huffamaniac said:

That makes sense.

His "5-6 years" references the period during which he did not get caught, not the period the poster believes Arod took steroids.

Members online

Latest posts