Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bonds guilty of obstruction of justice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
loftlife said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
scottagibson said:
henderson939 said:
What an embarrasment. Why the hell was taxpayers $$$ wasted on this crap? Now we gotta deal with the Clemens crap. Who cares? There was an era in baseball known as the Steriod Era. Accept it, & deal with it. Whats done is done. Are we really going to leave a whole generation of great ball players out of the hall because of it? The HOF voting is a joke and so will be the HOF if these guys dont get in.

On a side note, why do the bankers & politicians who have bankrupted our country not stand trial? Thats more criminal than anything Bonds or Clemens have done. The same ****** bags that are accusing these guys of crimes are the biggest theives & liars out there.

Wow... I could not agree with you more. This really sums it up. Well said!

Anyone who thought this trial was about steroids is already really lost to begin with.

Yup... it was all about lowering Bond's autos and RC values... those bastards!

LOL, those were still worth something? I didn't know!

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
scottagibson said:
henderson939 said:
What an embarrasment. Why the hell was taxpayers $$$ wasted on this crap? Now we gotta deal with the Clemens crap. Who cares? There was an era in baseball known as the Steriod Era. Accept it, & deal with it. Whats done is done. Are we really going to leave a whole generation of great ball players out of the hall because of it? The HOF voting is a joke and so will be the HOF if these guys dont get in.

On a side note, why do the bankers & politicians who have bankrupted our country not stand trial? Thats more criminal than anything Bonds or Clemens have done. The same ****** bags that are accusing these guys of crimes are the biggest theives & liars out there.

Wow... I could not agree with you more. This really sums it up. Well said!

Anyone who thought this trial was about steroids is already really lost to begin with.

What exactly was it about then? Granted there were other factors involved, but without steroids, this trial would have never happened. Frankly it doesnt matter, because it is still a waste of time no matter what it is.

As far as the steriods never ending, I agree, but there is still a period of the game known as the Steroid Era. Thats what I meant. It is a part of the game now and always will be, so I guess the HOF should close its doors to new inductees.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
This trial was about the fact that he LIED to a federal grand jury. That is still a crime in this country no matter who you are.

I find it hilarious that people still think this was about steroids. Bonds ADMITTED to taking steroids.
He testified years ago that he took the cream and the clear. But that he didn't know what they were.

And the only reason the trial was a waste of time is because of the 1 or possibly 2 jurors who couldn't give their vote to make the perjury counts unanimous.

Every juror had to agree fully on each count in order to convict, which was never going to happen.

Our judicial system is a joke.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
This trial was about the fact that he LIED to a federal grand jury. That is still a crime in this country no matter who you are.I find it hilarious that people still think this was about steroids. Bonds ADMITTED to taking steroids.
He testified years ago that he took the cream and the clear. But that he didn't know what they were.

And the only reason the trial was a waste of time is because of the 1 or possibly 2 jurors who couldn't give their vote to make the perjury counts unanimous.

Every juror had to agree fully on each count in order to convict, which was never going to happen.

Our judicial system is a joke.

+1

This is just like Bill Clinton's impeachment. It doesn't matter if you are lying about getting a hummer from a fat chick or taking steroids, YOU CANNOT LIE UNDER OATH, PERIOD.
The government had no choice in this, they had to go after him because they knew he perjured himself and it is the same with Clemens.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
henderson939 said:
I didnt follow all the Bonds BS on a daily basis, so what did he lie about exactly?
He lied about whether or not he knew what he was taking was steroids.

He also lied/stonewalled/avoided other questions while he was under oath during the BALCO investigation.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
henderson939 said:
I didnt follow all the Bonds BS on a daily basis, so what did he lie about exactly?

He lied about never "knowingly" taking steroids. He admitted to unknowingly taking them but denied ever knowingly or intentionally taking them. Everybody on the planet understands and believes he knowingly took steroids...except a few jurors evidently. :lol:

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Like I said, it all goes back to the roids. Without them there is no trial for perjury. Any way you slice it, is a waste of time & money for basically a witch hunt.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
henderson939 said:
Like I said, it all goes back to the roids. Without them there is no trial for perjury. Any way you slice it, is a waste of time & money for basically a witch hunt.

Bonds wasted the tax payer's money, not roids or the government here. Unless you're saying a side effect of roids is to make people lie?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
henderson939 said:

Bonds wasted the tax payer's money, not roids or the government here. Unless you're saying a side effect of roids is to make people lie?

Bonds didn't waste the taxpayers' money, the government did

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
henderson939 said:

The government lied and obstructed justice?

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
henderson939 said:

I wonder how many teachers jobs could have been saved with the amount of money thrown at this.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
onionring9 said:
JoshHamilton said:
henderson939 said:

I wonder how many teachers jobs could have been saved with the amount of money thrown at this.

The federal government pays teacher salaries? Hmm, that's the last thing states or local jurisdictions want.

This is all amazing to read here.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
henderson939 said:

No, you start after we do:
1) Bonds juices
2) Bonds get caught
3) MLB cracks down
4) Government gets involved (where we think the fiscal problem started)
5) millions of dollars go by
6) grand jury
7) Bonds lies/obstructs justice (where you think the problem started)
8) millions more dollars go by
9) bonds found guilty

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
onionring9 said:
JoshHamilton said:
henderson939 said:

The federal government pays teacher salaries? Hmm, that's the last thing states or local jurisdictions want.

This is all amazing to read here.

Who said that? I just said, I wonder how many teachers jobs would have been saved if the money was spent elsewhere.

2+2=4
not 7

It's more amazing what people read into what people say.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
onionring9 said:
JoshHamilton said:
henderson939 said:
Do people realize how their government actually works?

All of these monies are allocated at the beggining of the fiscal year, before anything actually takes place.

My mother-in-law is a teacher, so I'm very sensitive to this issue, but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
The federal government does not pay teachers anyway.

That's like saying: "how many teacher's jobs could be saved if we weren't fighting in several different places in the Middle East?"

or

"how many teacher's jobs could be saved if so many petty marijuana offenders weren't in prisons?"

The defense budget has nothing to do with education.

The federal prosecutors, judges, etc. all get paid whether they are trying Bonds, or whoever the next person is on the docket.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
onionring9 said:
JoshHamilton said:
henderson939 said:
Do people realize how their government actually works?

All of these monies are allocated at the beggining of the fiscal year, before anything actually takes place.

My mother-in-law is a teacher, so I'm very sensitive to this issue, but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

That's like saying: "how many teacher's jobs could be saved if we weren't fighting in several different places in the Middle East?"

or

"how many teacher's jobs could be saved if so many petty marijuana offenders weren't in prisons?"

The defense budget has nothing to do with education.

The federal prosecutors, judges, etc. all get paid whether they are trying Bonds, or whoever the next person is on the docket.

I'm not making a correlation to the tax dollars and how they are spent...I'm just saying millions of dollars could have been spent better.

And yes, the monies wasted on bonds were wasted because those judges and the congress and all that time (money) that was spent on this should have been spent on a more important issue.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
onionring9 said:
JoshHamilton said:
henderson939 said:

No, you start after we do:
1) Bonds juices
2) Bonds get caught
3) MLB cracks down
4) Government gets involved (where we think the fiscal problem started)
5) millions of dollars go by
6) grand jury
7) Bonds lies/obstructs justice (where you think the problem started)
8) millions more dollars go by
9) bonds found guilty
Because of BALCO, a multimillion dollar company that is producing undetectible steroids and lying about it.

Members online

Latest posts