Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cliff Lee to the RANGERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Anyone want to take guesses on the other three? I can't believe Smoak was enough to persuade the M's to walk away from NYY. I would think Martin Perez is one of the three.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I hopeevery player that Seattle gets does crap for the rest of there time on the mariners. Just like in the Johan Santana trade.

Smoak>Jesus :lol:

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
vwnut13 said:
I hopeevery player that Seattle gets does crap for the rest of there time on the mariners. Just like in the Johan Santana trade.

Smoak>Jesus :lol:

Well, I'm an M's fan and every year I hope for the Yankees and their players to suck, so, I'm afraid we're going to cancel each other out.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
Anyone want to take guesses on the other three? I can't believe Smoak was enough to persuade the M's to walk away from NYY. I would think Martin Perez is one of the three.

beavan, Salty, davis stoneburner

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
The Mariners will acquire two pitchers and a position player, plus Smoak, according to Jon Paul Morosi

Perez I hope!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
blazers091 said:
markakis8 said:

Not Salty!!!!

Greatest player ever!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
blazers091 said:
markakis8 said:

Stoneburner is a Yankee, not a Ranger.....

I am going to say the other three are Engel Beltre, Blake beavan, and ANYONE OTHER THAN MARTIN PEREZ!

skrip

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Jaypers said:
Brett Keith said:
Jaypers said:
Hoping Martin Perez wasn't involved in this deal.

You'd rather Perez stay a Ranger, rather than become a Mariner?

Without a doubt.

Why? He'll likely get a better opportunity in Seattle, it's a much better pitching environment because of the weather, park, and defense, plus Seattle might be the best market that isn't a huge city or one with a team with a rich tradition.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Rangers called a 5cst press conference to announce the deal...

I'd run naked through the streets if the M's got Smoak, Perez and Salty + 1.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Reports have RHP Blake Beavan, RHP Josh Lueke, and 2B Matt Lawson as the three Ranger prospects, plus Smoak, who is the real prize.

Members online

Latest posts