Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hank Aaron signs a new autograph contract with topps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
HALL OF FAMER HANK AARON TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS FOR TOPPS IN 2011
On the heels of announcing that Sandy Koufax would be signing autographs for 2011 Topps products, the company is pleased to announce that another legend will be joining its list of autograph signers…HANK AARON.
The first 2011 products to find Aaron’s autograph will be:

· 2011 Topps Heritage: Hank will be signing for the “Real One Autographs” program. (image attached)

· 2011 Topps Tribute: With the addition of Aaron, this checklist keeps getting better and better. Look for Hank’s autographed Relics!

· 2011 Gypsy Queen: Aaron will be joining Sandy Koufax on the list of signers for these stunning on-card autographs.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
chashawk said:
As good a move as this is for topps, Aaron's auto is defin. on the decline. I hope we don't have a repeat of this year's Musial autos.

It's unavoidable and part of the game. Personally I think that within reason that it doesn't matter what the sig looks like. As long as it's his sig, it's absolutely fine with me.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
cgilmo said:
chashawk said:
As good a move as this is for topps, Aaron's auto is defin. on the decline. I hope we don't have a repeat of this year's Musial autos.
It's unavoidable and part of the game. Personally I think that within reason that it doesn't matter what the sig looks like. As long as it's his sig, it's absolutely fine with me.
Maybe they will look better on-card than they did on DLP stickers in 2008

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
chashawk said:
cgilmo said:
chashawk said:
Maybe they will look better on-card than they did on DLP stickers in 2008

Probably not...

Aaron's sig has gotten worse since then.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
AaronAU.jpg

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Adding Koufax and Aaron will definitely help the 2011 releases. Topps gets a lot of grief, but you have to give them credit for spending the money to contract with two legends who haven't signed many certified autographed cards.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Supposedly all of the Aaron's will be a redemption. And you can only get them filled by buying a BMW from his dealership. At least that has been the only way anyone in Atlanta has secured his autograph in the last 20 years.

Seriously though, kudos to Topps for adding him to their lineup.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
bungle77 said:
A Koufax/Aaron dual in Heritage would top 4 figures, wouldn't it?

Depends on if it's OC or a sticker and if it's a relatively low # auto...if it is, I could see 4 figures

Otherwise, maybe 700-800 range

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
chashawk said:

Aaron signed this item for a member of a different forum 11 days ago. Most of the flats I've seen haven't been too bad, but anything other then that has definitely gotten really shaky.

hankauto.jpg

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Who cares about the all time HR leader, will Jesus Jr be in the set?

Why don't they jam these into Bowman Platinum too?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
It would be nice to include a dual Koufax/Aaron in heritage, but usually topps pairs they up with a current player.
How would a Halladay/Koufax sound? Heyward/Aaron? and I can assure you that they will be on card, there
has NEVER been a sticker auto in the real one set for heritage.

and for the person to say that Aaron autos have declined.....the 2003 topps heritage Aaron autograph still sells
for around 300 dollars 7 years later and is one of othe key cards among heritage collectors.

I am very happy that topps is revamping the real one set this year. I sent a list of improvments to them a month
ago, and while I can't take credit for this, it is nice to see that topps is listening to customers. I only hope that
both of these, no that ALL autograph cards are live and not redemption.

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts