Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this week the last "stand" for the Phillies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
The worst thing for this franchise is winning right now and Amaro trying to build on the momentum and trying to buy instead of sell. The problem is, I don't trust Amaro to buy or sell. The guy is terrible. Just look at the Hunter Pence trade!!! This team is sadly going nowhere and doing it fast. The farm system is a mess and I personally was not too thrilled with the draft approach this year. I like the Nola pick, but the 99% college guy approach instead of drafting any upside...it was just too lopsided. We had a great run, sadly we need to go the way of the Astros and just rebuild from the draft and trade off whatever we can.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Nice sweep of the Padres. Just gotta keep it going against the Cubs. Sandberg should put Mayberry at 1B against lefties since he's getting hot and hits lefties a lot better than Howard. Nice to see Brignac get some big hits lately. Go Phillies!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
3 down, Cubs next...

Nice sweep of the Padres. Just gotta keep it going against the Cubs. Sandberg should put Mayberry at 1B against lefties since he's getting hot and hits lefties a lot better than Howard. Nice to see Brignac get some big hits lately. Go Phillies!

So had did that work out for you last night :lol:
But I have to admit they did play well against the Padres.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Nice 7-4 win over the Cubs Saturday. Congrats to Rollins on getting hit #2235 to pass Schmidt on the all time Phillies hit list. Schmidt gave Brown a hitting tip right before he hit the 3-run homer. Phillies just gotta win today to take the series and get their 5 out of 6. Come on A.J.!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
3-0 loss?

3 hits off Travis Wood? The Cubs' first Road series win since early last September? 9th shutout this year? Another 0-For with RISP? In the lower third of all major team stats?

Blow it up! Blow it all up! Put the "For Sale" sign out on Broad Street and sell it all! To the walls!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I'll take 4 out of 6. But we gotta start hitting (Brown, Howard). Starting Cedeno (.000) at 3B over Brignac not a good move. Looks like we got a future closer in Ken Giles. He hit 101 mph today and looked pretty good. But then so does Papelbon. Gotta take 2 out of 3 from the Braves. Go Phillies!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Huge win for the Phillies after Papelbon blew the save in the bottom of the 9th. Hamels pitched good again, no runs allowed in his last 24 innings pitched. Brignac got 3 more hits and Revere made another great catch. Go Phillies!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Phillies knock Braves out of 1st place and go for the sweep today. Kendrick starting to pitch better and Howard hit a big home run tonight. Go Phillies!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
So, anyone buying in and saying Hold on to the veterans and see if they can make a run at a Post-season spot?

Not me, but I wouldn't blame anyone for still believing in them...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I am in no way expecting them make the playoffs or get farther than them but for a team that looked so bad last week we just swept the frist place team. As long as they give me some entertainment I am happy....

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Not giving up on this year just yet. Still 6 weeks til the end of July and only 5 games out. Sweeping Atlanta on the road was pretty impressive, as were the 18 hits tonight. Lee will be back soon so it will be interesting to see what the Phillies can do with Lee and Hamels both healthy at the same time. Brad, good to see you again. Go Phillies!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Not giving up on this year just yet. Still 6 weeks til the end of July and only 5 games out. Sweeping Atlanta on the road was pretty impressive, as were the 18 hits tonight. Lee will be back soon so it will be interesting to see what the Phillies can do with Lee and Hamels both healthy at the same time. Brad, good to see you again. Go Phillies!

Hey Gary! Long time to hear. how is it going for ya???? I hope alll is well

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Doing good. Thanks. Hope your doing well. I talked to Jeffrey last month and he's doing good.

Hard to believe the Phillies have the longest winning streak in baseball now. The kid, David Buchanon, really pitched well against the Cards tonight. Ryan Howard is really picking it up lately. Only 4 games out of 1st. Go Phillies!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
CG win for AJB makes it 5 strait against 2 of the better teams in the NL.

I'm not buying in yet, but I'm enjoying it a ton...

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yeah, and they are doing it on the road. I think they like playing on the road better than at home. A.J. pitched that complete game with a hernia, which he's had most of the year. Good to see Asche back at 3b with Brignac going on the DL. Good matchup today with Hamels and Wainright starting.

Your right, this is a lot of fun, while it lasts. Hope they win 10 in a row like the Royals just did. I think the Braves are in trouble. Harang and Santana are starting to fade and Floyd might be out for a while with a broken elbow. Of course, they might go after Price or Samardjiza. Go Phillies!

Latest posts