Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this week the last "stand" for the Phillies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
FOXSports1 is reporting that Hamels has given the brass a list of Nine teams he would OK a trade to...

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Ugh! And I bet the Dodgers and A's are on that list. I'd hate to see him go. Phillies go for the sweep later today against the Brewers. Rollins and Utley went deep for the Phillies in their 4-1 win Wed. Roberto Hernandez pitched a nice game. It was Utley and Rollins 1,146th game that they have started together, the most for current DP combo's.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Ugh! And I bet the Dodgers and A's are on that list. I'd hate to see him go. Phillies go for the sweep later today against the Brewers. Rollins and Utley went deep for the Phillies in their 4-1 win Wed. Roberto Hernandez pitched a nice game. It was Utley and Rollins 1,146th game that they have started together, the most for current DP combo's.

The teams are:
Dodgers, Padres, Angels, Cardinals, Nationals, Braves, Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
**** you cole Hamels. I hated giving him this contract. He was always a crybaby little *******. And a giant one IRL. Nationals? Barves?
Meh, holding out hope the Barves try for Price instead. Need another power arm for playoffs over the six or seven finesse guys on staff. Of course a radio talking head here tries to argue for another bat, citing some dumb pinch hit stat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Hamels isn't going anywhere. THe list of teams was in the contract that he signed and was recently "leaked".

That would explain why the Rangers are on the list, lol. Phillies sweep the Brewers! First time the Phillies have ever done that, in a 4 game road series. They play so much better on the road. Rollins and Howard had good games and David Buchanon is filling in nicely for Cliff Lee. Kind of weird how Tony Gwynn Jr. doesn't hit for average. Go Phillies!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Good to see Sizemore get the start in centerfield and go 1 for 4. Jimmy Rollins led the way with 2 homers in the 6-2 win over the Nats. It was Rollins 9th career multi-homer game. Phillies have the longest winning streak in the majors.:p

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Rumors floating around that Byrd will soon be dealt to the Mariners.

They have loads of pitching prospects, so maybe...

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
M's might not be a bad place for Byrd to go. Even though thet won't win AL West, they would be a Wild Card team as of now. He would add some much needed punch to their lineup.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Good to see Grady Sizemore go 3 for 4 tonight against the Braves. He's a good fit in leftfield but I don't expect him to keep up his .400 avg. Rollins and Hamels led the way in their 2-1 win. If they can win today they will take the series and have a winning record for the week.:D

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
It's silly for the Phillies to not want to trade Hamels. He is their best trade piece and the only way they can rebuild as they don't have anyone else who would bring back a top prospect. They have one of the worst farm systems in baseball.

Latest posts