Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's hard to say goodbye to my collection---scans included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I just tried to give the Tulo Super to my 17 month old, he promptly threw it down and went back to his 97 cent Hot Wheel.

Clearly he is taking after his mommy.... :?

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
#1 What is up with Gilmore? Invasion of the Body Snatchers?? LOL Joking
#2 I can attest as much as anyone on this planet that it is the time you spend with your kid collecting them, getting the autographs, talking to the players, etc., that will mean more to them than the actual item itself. My boys have an autographed baseball collection that they LOVE, but they love it because they can look at most of them and tell you who was playing the game, if they got the auto before or after the game, and how much fun it was talking to the player with us all together.

I can promise you that when your time is nearly over on this earth, you may wish you'd spent more time with your kid(s) doing things together, no matter how much you spend with them.

You seem like a great dad......enjoy and share the hobby with him....teach him it isn't about the cost of the card or box....it is about opening it all together. My boys love TTMing cards we get from $10 WalMart boxes as much as opening 2009 A&G hobby boxes and they're 9 and 7.

Thanks,
David

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
I wish my dad had involved himself in my card collecting when I was younger. The most he ever did was drive me 10 mins to a card show in the next town :(

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
cgilmo said:
you know

your son only gleams at the cards because you deem them important

if you don't participate with him, then the cards are meaningless

it's time with you he wants, not the cards

For someone who hasn't slipped one past the goalie, you're pretty damned good...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Jeff N. said:
cgilmo said:
you know

your son only gleams at the cards because you deem them important

if you don't participate with him, then the cards are meaningless

it's time with you he wants, not the cards

For someone who hasn't slipped one past the goalie, you're pretty damned good...

I was a kid once, and the ONLY reason cards had any value to me is because my dad spent time with me involving cards.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
scooter2374 said:
I wish my dad had involved himself in my card collecting when I was younger. The most he ever did was drive me 10 mins to a card show in the next town :(

I don't mean to brag but I must be fortunate. The most cards my dad ever bought for himself was 3 complete sets in the 80s and 90s. He has spent a mighty shiney penny on my collection as he would reward me with packs out of blasters from Wal-Mart, and last week I showed him part of my Glen Perkins collection and I think he might want to contribute a little bit. He has driven me to countless shops over the years and has spent money on shipping. Even though he doesn't collect, I think he is proud that I do.

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
TBTwinsFan said:
scooter2374 said:

I don't mean to brag but I must be fortunate. The most cards my dad ever bought for himself was 3 complete sets in the 80s and 90s. He has spent a mighty shiney penny on my collection as he would reward me with packs out of blasters from Wal-Mart, and last week I showed him part of my Glen Perkins collection and I think he might want to contribute a little bit. He has driven me to countless shops over the years and has spent money on shipping. Even though he doesn't collect, I think he is proud that I do.

No worries man. We played catch and he was active with my Little League career, but he just wasn't into the whole card scene. I can't count how many times he would go into stories about being a Brooklyn fan and burning the eyes out of Mantle cards with matches or magnifying glass and the like. Maybe he was thinking I would do the same..... lolol

Members online

Latest posts