Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Meet Kevin Burge AKA ShoelessJoe at The National, booth 2241

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Someone just make a new ebay account every week and bid $1,000,000 on everyone of his auctions. Once that account gets suspended, make another one. If ebay blocks your IP (don't even know if they can, but I would suspect it's possible), go to the library.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
OK, I read the whole thing. No one has suggested what might be the simplest way to catch him in the act:

Do the investigative work FOR law enforcement, including A STING! We all must have a bunch of those cheap "large field" GU cards that sell for like $5-10 (2005 Absolute, or Prime Patches are two good examples). Just document the exact serial number (take a picture using a mirror so you can see the front and back simultaneously), get date-locked photo evidence (post them here for instance), then sell him the exact cards he uses to do his dirty work.

Then, wait for that honey-pot you gave him to show up on eBay, and bam, he's busted with iron-clad evidence. Take that evidence to someone who might help and see what happens. I would think that if you went to the post office and said: "I would like to report postal fraud," you'd at least get time with a postal inspector (as an added bonus, a lot of the Postal Inspectors laise/dual hat with the F.B.I.).

Sting baby, sting. Just don't do anything that would qualify as entrapment. Hell, even if you do, I guess the proof you give whoever would still need to be backed up by their own investigation.

And if you can't get anyone to care about what this guy is doing, lets officailly shat can the idea of getting him busted. It'll take lynch-mob justice at this point.

That is not too far from what I suggested.All it takes is for people to watch his buying account or better yet...just get a list together of known fakes and get into contact with someone at Topps.I mean...the evidence is there.There are only two things stopping it from happening.Either someone tried and ran into a road block along the way or nobody has tried.Given what I have heard...nobody has tried.Maybe its just because a lot of us know to stay away.I don't have any vested interest in trying to call the police on the guy but then again I haven't had him screw me over.What it will take is someone who gets scammed, knows about it and then goes digging.

cubsfan2513

Jan 22, 2009
Omaha, NE/Chicago, IL
Well this isnt proof but it is a little fishy. This is the ids jmvariety09 and shoeless joejackson

Bought this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0121939998

selling this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-BOWMAN-GOLD-RY ... 911.c0.m14

Bought this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0127626954

Selling this, obvous fake
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-TOPPS-ELI-MANN ... 911.c0.m14

Anyone know of any other of his accounts?

Also, how easy is it to get a card graded a PSA 10? Also how long does their grading take? It seems like everything he buys he then gets a PSA 10 slabbed on it. Is there a way he could be faking it or he may have an inside man. IM not sure. Heres one example...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0319755776
http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-JORDAN-1985 ... 911.c0.m14

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
[quote="A_Pharis":334fd3rk]That Manning is an obvious fake!

Someone posted an auction for one where the seller even stated stickered versions of that card are fake as confirmed by Topps.

[ebay:334fd3rk]200368107933[/ebay:334fd3rk][/quote:334fd3rk]

I wonder if they originally got that from Burge.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
sportscardtheory said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
[quote="A_Pharis":2veveky0]That Manning is an obvious fake!

Someone posted an auction for one where the seller even stated stickered versions of that card are fake as confirmed by Topps.

[ebay:2veveky0]200368107933[/ebay:2veveky0]

I wonder if they originally got that from Burge.[/quote:2veveky0]

The description makes you think the seller is pissed about something.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="CAROLINA BOSOX":1k85ogwq][quote="A_Pharis":1k85ogwq]That Manning is an obvious fake!

[ebay:1k85ogwq]200368107933[/ebay:1k85ogwq]

I wonder if they originally got that from Burge.[/quote:1k85ogwq]

The description makes you think the seller is pissed about something.[/quote:1k85ogwq]

Not to me since he's offering to doctor the card further by putting a authentic autograph sticker on it.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Tomlinson21RB said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="CAROLINA BOSOX":3u9v4nfm][quote="A_Pharis":3u9v4nfm]That Manning is an obvious fake!

[ebay:3u9v4nfm]200368107933[/ebay:3u9v4nfm]

I wonder if they originally got that from Burge.

The description makes you think the seller is pissed about something.[/quote:3u9v4nfm]

Not to me since he's offering to doctor the card further by putting a authentic autograph sticker on it.[/quote:3u9v4nfm]

and some poor fool is winning it

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
chashawk said:
MartinFFcollector said:
cubsfan2513 said:
Anyone know of any other of his accounts?

Aliases;
shoeless-joejackson
peopleschoice7373
cardsrahabit
jmvariety09
blameitonthealcohol (buying account)
And does anyone know why eBay would let one person have so many accounts?

ebay does allow more than one acct. Many have 2, a buy and sell acct. I have heard they are not all in his name. One could justify numerous accounts by saying I have one for work, one for 'adult' items, one for hobby, one for personal, selling, buying etc and say you need them seperated for tracking purposes.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Burge just went by FCB's booth & asked them what he needs to do to cease it's member's from slandering him?.... :lol: (it's not slander if it is true)! :D

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Burge just went by FCB's booth & asked them what he needs to do to cease it's member's from slandering him?.... :lol: (it's not slander if it is true)! :D

Did anyone reply: "stop faking patches and autos and taking advantage of people"?

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:

Awesome. :lol:

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Hey Burge,

"I was making baseball cards" does not put fear into anybody in prison. Suggestion- as your being hauled away, you better shoot somebody.

You dont look like you can hold your own there. I'd quit. It's only a matter of time...

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
MartinFFcollector said:
Hey Burge,

"I was making baseball cards" does not put fear into anybody in prison. Suggestion- as your being hauled away, you better shoot somebody.

You dont look like you can hold your own there. I'd quit. It's only a matter of time...

Wow shoot somebody??? Thats a bit drastic! LOL maybe rob a bank or something????

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
He'd be "da belle of da ball"
prison_mike.jpg

Members online

Latest posts