Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Modell's 40% STILL running strong w/ free shipping...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
jwc9p said:
Halonut said:
thanks jeff! been looking to pick this up for a while now but couldn't justify spending $120 dlvd on it. managed to get it for $65 :cool:
pMLB2-4768189dt.jpg

What section is that under? Can't find it

She looks like she's worth more than $65... oh wait...

Yeah, ALL video games are free shipping and 40% off. Including the 2 MLB games that came out YESTERDAY.

i just jumped all over that...mlb 2k11 for $33 :cool:

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
JTfor3 said:
That's too bad about the bowman draft. You can still get cashback too, if you sign up for a cashback sight like the one in my sig. Are there any cards worth ordering?

Looks like all the boxes are very overpriced. Anyone find anything that has good flip potential??

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
cmnkb8 said:
imac220 said:
Just picked up a copy of MLB The Show! Planning on flipping it when I get it in!

Thanks for the heads up!

After fees you'd make about $4-$5 a copy re-selling thru Ebay. Unless you're going to clear out their warehouse and flip in bulk, is it really worth the trouble?

Consistently selling in the neighborhood of $55. After fees, $49.14, and the game is $36 from Modells. I personally bought 4 of MLB The Show, and if I can clear $10-13 each on the 3 that I sell, I basically am buying the game that I was already going to buy for less than $10, maybe even free.

If you count the 4 copies of Nascar 2011 I bought for the same purposes, expecting to clear another $7-$11 per, it's a win-win, of likely getting 2 games that I was already going to buy, for about $10-20 total.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
Dang, I didn't know they sold games too. Just picked up MLB2k11 for the xbox360 for $33 shipped! thanks for the heads up!

edit: also got 2.5% cashback via ebates and 1% cashback with my credit card. yesssss

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
For those that ordered copies of MLB 2K11 hoping for a flip (like me), just got an email from Modell's. They won't be shipping them, probably figured out how much they were losing on the deal with the 40% off and are using an "inventory" issue as the reason. Oh well. Hope no one listed the games already.

Thank you for your most recent order with us. We are contacting you
today to let you know that item Major League Baseball 2011 Video Game
will be cancelled from your order due to an inventory issue. We are
unable to fulfill your request.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
bigpops65 said:
For those that ordered copies of MLB 2K11 hoping for a flip (like me), just got an email from Modell's. They won't be shipping them, probably figured out how much they were losing on the deal with the 40% off and are using an "inventory" issue as the reason. Oh well. Hope no one listed the games already.

Thank you for your most recent order with us. We are contacting you
today to let you know that item Major League Baseball 2011 Video Game
will be cancelled from your order due to an inventory issue. We are
unable to fulfill your request.

Hope that doesn't happen with the Show game that I ordered. :?
I haven't gotten an e-mail yet either way - that it''s been shipped or canceled.
There were probably a ton of those games ordered.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
All orders for The Show were cancelled.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your most recent order with us. We are contacting you today to let you know that item Major League Baseball 2011 Video Game will be cancelled from your order due to an inventory issue. We are unable to fulfill your request.

We realize that you had planned on receiving the Major League Baseball 2011 Video Game and apologize for the disappointment. At this time we would like to extend a single use 40% Off promotional code to you, as a token of apology for the inconvenience.

Should you want to use this, all you need to do is place the order and use the following code at checkout XXXXX. A discount of 40% off will automatically be applied to your order. The discount code cannot be combined with any other offer and has to be valid 3/11-3/12 11:59 EST.

It is a one use per user code. Exclusions apply.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Honestly, screw Modells.

I don't want a 40% off coupon. Every single order that I have placed has been CANCELED.

I dont want a 40% off coupon, I want the game.

I hope that everybody files a complaint with the BBB.

You don't send out confirmation that all items are in stock and then CANCEL the order because it is not in stock. It's not like the price was entered wrong on the website.

Oh, and I'd like my custom ordered MLB TShirts that are "out of stock" as well.

Modells, take your 40% of coupon and....

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
^
I'm with you on this one.

Honestly even if mine was canceled - I was hoping some people did get theirs and it simply was an issue of "inventory".
Maybe I'm biased since I placed an order, but I think it is complete B.S. as well......this IS NOT akin to something like the Steiner discount last year - which was a code meant for certain individuals that ended up being circulated online.
It's a web site sale advertised on their page - then what? People actually find something worth buying, so they change the rules after the fact? Lame. You usually consider exclusions before it takes place, not after the fact.

Anyone order a bunch of other stuff they deemed "appropriate" for the sale along with the game? I wonder if they would ship it then if the order is a net gain? As really it was probably the free-shipping that would have done them in.....I'm not positive (so maybe somebody knows) but if games are like traditional retail - their cost is probably 40-50% the msrp anyway. Oh well.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
rymflaherty said:
^

Honestly even if mine was canceled - I was hoping some people did get theirs and it simply was an issue of "inventory".
Maybe I'm biased since I placed an order, but I think it is complete B.S. as well......this IS NOT akin to something like the Steiner discount last year - which was a code meant for certain individuals that ended up being circulated online.
It's a web site sale advertised on their page - then what? People actually find something worth buying, so they change the rules after the fact? Lame. You usually consider exclusions before it takes place, not after the fact.

Anyone order a bunch of other stuff they deemed "appropriate" for the sale along with the game? I wonder if they would ship it then if the order is a net gain? As really it was probably the free-shipping that would have done them in.....I'm not positive (so maybe somebody knows) but if games are like traditional retail - their cost is probably 40-50% the msrp anyway. Oh well.

I'm really ticked off.

Don't forget to check your email, you got a 40% off coupon for 3/11 and 3/12 that excludes ALL MLB ITEMS!

What the hell! Really Modells, you give everyone a 40% off coupon and exclude even more merchandise.

I ordered my game along with two custom made t'shirts. They are going to cancel both my custom ordered t'shirts and my video game fro the order.

Atleast there Customer Service seems to be OK. I have been told that I will be able to get the custom ordered t'shirts for 40% off if they ever come "in stock" however, they can't ever be instock. grrrrrr.

I hope that everyone that ordered files a complaint.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Why don't you call them regarding the Rizzotti shirt? THeir customer service was pretty good when I had an issue with them... and I obviously got my Mathieson shirts.
vwnut13 said:
rymflaherty said:
^

I'm really ticked off.

Don't forget to check your email, you got a 40% off coupon for 3/11 and 3/12 that excludes ALL MLB ITEMS!

What the hell! Really Modells, you give everyone a 40% off coupon and exclude even more merchandise.

I ordered my game along with two custom made t'shirts. They are going to cancel both my custom ordered t'shirts and my video game fro the order.

Atleast there Customer Service seems to be OK. I have been told that I will be able to get the custom ordered t'shirts for 40% off if they ever come "in stock" however, they can't ever be instock. grrrrrr.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jeff N. said:
vwnut13 said:
rymflaherty said:
^

I'm really ticked off.

Why don't you call them regarding the Rizzotti shirt? THeir customer service was pretty good when I had an issue with them... and I obviously got my Mathieson shirts.

I did, and their excuse was "the item isn't in stock" so we can't ship it to you.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
So Wednesday night, I was going thru all of the Modells site, had 300+ in my cart, but wanted to do a little more shopping before I checked out, so I left my cart as is until last night, went in and my discount had significantly decreased. Looked and all but 3 of the 10 items lost their 40% that was there they day before. Needless to say, I cancelled my entire order. By the looks of it, if I would have submitted my order on Wednesday, they just would have cancelled it anyways. IMO, Modells sucks ass for this snafu!!!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
vwnut13 said:
Jeff N. said:
vwnut13 said:
rymflaherty said:
^

I'm really ticked off.

I did, and their excuse was "the item isn't in stock" so we can't ship it to you.

Did you indicate that this was an item that they had to make? You could have put in a last name of "GILMORE" and the # 69, and while it would have been out of stock, they would have made it...

...unless they were out of plain red shirts. That is a possibility. I dunno. We got our Mathieson shirts..

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jeff N. said:
Did you indicate that this was an item that they had to make? You could have put in a last name of "GILMORE" and the # 69, and while it would have been out of stock, they would have made it...

...unless they were out of plain red shirts. That is a possibility. I dunno. We got our Mathieson shirts..

Yeah, I explained it to them. Even went to Magestic and they didn't say any of them were out of stock.

However, tofay I got a call from someone (blocked name/number) saying that one of the players I picked hadn't "signed" yet.

OK, so if that is the case why do they keep cancelling both of my shirts...

Anyway, Modells sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts